[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts for my nigdom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

I'm 20 and currently getting kicked out of the house.

I live just outside of Detroit and found a home for 1k with no back taxes. they are fucking giving these houses away. I was thinking about buying one getting it up to code, and making it into a fortress with defenses, self sustainability, and reinforced windows and doors. most likely wont have to worry about hostile nigs because all the other houses are pretty much burnt to the ground. i was thinking solar panels to help with bills. its on a half acre so i could definitely farm a lot of food.

also if I come to a point to where I can afford it, i will buy the rest of the block and set up a feudalist system where the homeless are the serfs. I would have a kingdom. i would make a medieval town complete with shops and farms. personally i think its a step up from what they have now.

pic related
>>
yes i am a gun owner if you were wondering but i was thinking about cannons for defense
>>
Solar Panels would make Jamal think you got that money, so he might dindu his way through your house on his way to church.
>>
File: IMG_0217.jpg (809KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0217.jpg
809KB, 2592x1936px
>>33932724
>>33932736
What guns do you have anon and while this sounds like a bad idea I am a bit jelly you might be getting to use Detroit neighborhoods as your personal colony might I suggest getting a dog or a few. Dindu's don't like dogs. Pic related dindu dog that doesn't like dindu's
>>
>>33932724
>I'm 20
>Kicked out
>Found a home for 1k
>getting it up to code
>thinking about superficial stuff when you haven't even crunched the numbers on the vital repairs
>fantastical delusions

While you're thinking about getting it up to code, hell, before you buy it: Figure out how much it will cost you to do this. I could see you easily sinking 50k+ just on renovations to get the structure habitable, let alone half-decent.
Begs the question: if you did have that much money lying around, why are you still living with your parents? Why are you content with buying a shit house in Detroit and not renting a decent apartment in a better neighborhood? Or buying a house in a better neighborhood?

And why did I bother listing snippets of your OP? Because these are hallmarks of people who make the mistake of buying a fixer-upper, then quickly realizing they are far over their heads and nothing gets done.
>>
>>33932896 this 100%

there is a reason the house cost 1000K. you are getting fleeced out of 1000K. the land is worthless and you are gonna ended paying taxes on it like a chump if you are dumb enough to own it.
>>
>>33932896
>people who make the mistake of buying a fixer-upper, then quickly realizing they are far over their heads and nothing gets done.
i did this. fucking sucked
>>
Enjoy your mesothelioma.

Also, keeping the exterior looking like garbage would prevent the ghouls from busting in.
>>
>>33932724
>>33932736

You are completly delusional, ypu shpuld examine why youre getting kicked out. but it's a neato fantasy kiddo.
>>33933191
>1000k
>>
>>33932724
You can't have guns in Detroit
>>
>>33932776
Not if they're the new Tesla ones. Look like shingles.
>>
>>33933591
I did this, made $80k profit. Sold it. Paid off all my debt. Bought another but smaller and cheaper. Already in profit land but pay half the taxes.
>>
>>33932724
There's a reason it's only $1000, OP.

Either there's some significant structural defect that you aren't noticing, or it's basically in the middle of Mogadishu and is a death sentence for any white man.
>>
>>33932724
I love these people who think "fixing up" a house is just fun weekend project. Like just tapping a few nails in with a framing hammer or some shit. There is a reason people are carpenters, electricians, and plumbers professionally, there is a lot more to it than people think. Have you ever so much as built a garage work bench? What makes you think you will be able to drywall, lay tile, or any of the other million tasks that come along with home improvement?
>>
>>33933191
Would not a lot of reason for such a low priced home be due to the fact that it is in an area with next to no employment opportunities and extremely high crime ?

I am definately not saying the house may need a lot of work , but I am saying there is a possibility that it is a livable ok house in a terrible area.
>>
>>33933750
Because as long you're not a retard AND a manlet, none of that shit is even hard to look up how to do
>>
File: 1437411637161462640.jpg (33KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1437411637161462640.jpg
33KB, 400x225px
>>33932724
Pic related is OP in 5 years.
>>
>>33932724
Just wait for the Detroit gentrification to visit your block. Cash in then.
>>
I live in a similar shithole in Flint, Just make sure the nogs know you are packing major heat and are not afraid to use it. Make your house like like a Vietnamese prison camp. Dig pits put up barbed wire the usual shindig. Did this and I have had zero problems. I'm known as the batshit crazy honkie, best part is the cops never come around these parts so I can have my house look as crazy as possible.
>>
>>33932724
GET A FENCE

And I mean something that's about 18 feet high, with no grabbing features.

In fact, get those 20' tall prefab concrete slabs, stick them together, and build a gate house.

2nd thought, get an empty lot for cheaper, then do what I first listed. Make your own Castle Wolfenstine.
>>
>>33933715
do this, find a ReStore near you, watch youtube videos, lrn2craftsman
>>
>>33933664
>out of date information

Those laws got struck down after the NRA ripped the local judges a new constitutional asshole.
>>
File: Swivel-cannon-2-pd.jpg (350KB, 484x648px) Image search: [Google]
Swivel-cannon-2-pd.jpg
350KB, 484x648px
>>33932736
Steen Cannons has same swivel guns, might be up your alley, comes with their own stands. That or i swear there were a bunch of old hapsburg breech loading skoda mountain guns a while back
>>
>>33932724
OP, I sell building products for a living. Need a new 20 square roof? Expect to spend at least $100/square in your area. That's two grand in shingles. Then you have to figure in OSB because it's probably rotted to shit, 2x6s to scab into your rotted rafters, underlayment, drip edge, ice and water, flashing, etc, etc. Think you can do that yourself with no experience? Absolutely not. You're a fucking retard OP. Go back to your parents' suburb you faggot.
>>
File: 1419116817845.jpg (989KB, 1796x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1419116817845.jpg
989KB, 1796x1304px
>opeas future house
>>
>>33932724
OMFG all these replies from people who have never been to Detroit LOLOL
>>
>>33933715
OP said D.E.T.R.O.I.T.

The whole block isn't worth $80k LOL
>>
>pookie and ray ray
dey gonna rob u cuz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQscvrbAgs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yUBs5YAN8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJFLJ0JApA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCBFWC5XZI
>>
>>33934290
Yea, just look it up. 'how to be a general contractor'. start your own general contracting company, build buildings, and become a successful business owner.

Only if you're not retarded AND a Manlet.
>>
>>33934522
i always wondered how far you could get with a scrapped EPDM roof sheet.
>>
>>33934582
Being a business owner is hard. Doing the work for yourself is not
>>
>>33934553
its pronounced De-Troyt
>>
Isn't it just mandatory to have a handgun on your person if you're in Detroit? it seems like it would be.
>>
>>33934523
>>
>>33934620
I don't sell a whole lot of rolled roofing. I sell all the materials and work for a few of my contractors on the side, and typically we put down PBR corrugated steel on anything below a 3/12. Your other option is to put ice and water across the whole of the roof and drop your shingle exposure back to around four inches.
>>
>>33933670
Dude yes that would draw attention, some people might think it looks weird and want to try to get in.
I'm pretty sure the other guy was right about solar drawing people to it thinking you have money. I've heard a lot of homes in detroit getting stripped of anything worth scrapping like copper wires or pipes. If they figure out you have solar I'd kind of expect to come home one day find a hole knocked into it, and just about anything and everything stripped out of it depending on how many guys are working on it.
Plus who knows what the water condition is like there.
>>
>>33934755
as an absurdly cheap facilities manager that was the one thing i see semi regularly as garbage that could conceivably be re-used as roofing.
>>
Roof wise, OP might be best off with corrugated steel roofing. Because you absolutely fucking know the roof will need to be redone. Still gonna be in the ballpark of $100 per 100 square foot, but if you aren't fucking retarded it shouldn't need replacement unless you get some horrifying weather.
>>
$4/sf for basic vinyl siding
>$9600
$2/sf for 3-tab shingles
>$2500
$1/sf for interior flooring
>$1800
$120 per window
>$3600
$150 per exterior door
>$600
$50 per interior door
>$600+
$20/gal paint
>$200
$1/lf commodity moulding
>$720
$300/ea basic kitchen appliances
>$900
$80/lf kitchen cabinetry
>$1600
$16/sf countertops
>$640
Each bathroom, basic materials
>$1000

So turning a that slum into a a starter house costs $24,000 in materials, assuming it's kept very basic, has good bones (framing, plumbing, & electrical), and needs zero drywall/plaster replaced. And you pay yourself absolutely nothing. Add on a thousand extra for dumpsters to get rid of other peoples' crap and gutting the place. Again, paying zero in labor.

Now, if you were interested in doing this on a large scale, you'd essentially need to find decent subcontractors. A plumber, electrician, and a few handymen. Add a bare fucking minimum of $10K for labor alone. Probably more like $25K ($50K total). So $50K times how many houses? A block is easily dozens of houses. Call it 30 houses for now $1.5M to renovate everything. You will also have other problems--like many properties will have been heavily looted--no copper anywhere so say goodbye to all your plumbing and rough electrical. Now you have to replace a lot more drywall and materials and labor got even more expensive.

Here's the other problem--you're probably not the only person there. There's going to be squatters or tenants you must evict if you want the property to actually appreciate. That'll take months assuming nobody burns down or loots what you're doing. Might as well have /k/ help and have someone in each house working 24/7. (Or at least in 10 of those 30 houses).
>>
>all the other houses are pretty much burnt to the ground
just fucking leave Detroit, why do you think your new house would end up any different
>>
>>33933769
>I am saying there is a possibility that it is a livable ok house
na
it needs work
only question is how much
thinking optimistically is 4 figures
realistic is 5
jsut rent
>>
>>33934427
stop making passive home defence a meme
bars are cheaper than bullets

>>33934582
have you ever actually met a residential contractor?
>>
>>33935815
>bars are cheaper than bullets
go to home depot and see how many bars you get for a quarter.
>>
>>33932724

> half an acre of urban shitdirt
> farm
>>
>>33934418
Pics? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>33932896
Apartments are for faggits and numales, go buy some cheap as fuck land and park a trailer there and work somewhere during the weekend.
>>
>>33934522
Hey construction bro, my sheds having some problems. The rafters are made from poplar and are slowly rotting, pretty sure it's not from leaks but from moisture from using it to dry firewood. Any suggestions to how I could unfuck it on the cheap? I was thinking of putting some pine 2x6s on either side of the rafters.
>>
File: 0813161440a.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0813161440a.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Dude you know that despite being a complete shithole Detroit has sky high taxes. It's a fucking blast to visit but there is a reason that house is a thousand dollars. Pic related I took it near fort Wayne a couple blocks away from where I witnessed a shooting.
>>
>>33932724

>tfw bear traps aren't legal to set on your lawn and interior
>>
>>33934290
Tbh manlets have their place in contracting. They do well in crawlspaces and doing hvac and stuff.
>>
File: T-Sroof-TexturedGlass.jpg (423KB, 1440x650px) Image search: [Google]
T-Sroof-TexturedGlass.jpg
423KB, 1440x650px
>>33934846
So, this would draw attention?
>>
>>33939695
Yes, because that home is a lighthouse in a fog of bullshit.

but the shingles not so much
>>
>>33939777
I'm referring to the shingles dipweed
>>
>>33932724
>buy more houses and property around your nigdom
>new territory
>build your nation up
>build army
>declare independence

yeah, i could see it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.