[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is gunbroker such shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 9JjmVRm[1].png (55KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
9JjmVRm[1].png
55KB, 550x430px
Why is gunbroker such shit?
>>
>thinking gunbroker invented the concept of the reserve price
>>
>>33930102
Bc that's how every auction ever done ever works?
>>
What's with the recent uptake in autists complaining about reserves on gunbroker?
>>
>>33930160
Autists will always complain about reserves on auctions.

He probably bid less than $2 just so he could get a screencap to shitpost with.
>>
>>33930149
In a live auction it makes sense but in an online one you may as well make the starting price your bottom dollar.
>>33930160
No idea, I just go in, bid my top dollar and then fuck off when 99% of the time it's not high enough and two hundred dollars later it's still not hit.
>>
>>33930160
Because it seems as though people like to set the reserve price either at the same price as the buy it now price or very, very slightly less (~$25). If you're going to do that, just make it a fucking buy-it-now listing and forego the auction part.
>>
>>33930195
The reason people do that is to gauge how much the thing will actually bring if the auction is not successful, so they can lower the "reserve price" to the price people are willing to pay for it.

It's called 'strategy', you autist.
>>
>>33930189
They do the same thing on eBay bro.
>>
>>33930618
Largely stopped when sellers realized it is largely a waste of time
>>
>>33930149
No, ebay and other auctions sites simply used to use a "starting bid" because making bids that don't fucking matter is retarded.
>>
>>33930324
Except the same auction will relist several times with the same reserve and buy it now price even after people bid on it, you autist
>>
The thing that kills me is the "15 minute rule." I had the high bid on a 180b and some fuck kept outbidding me for like an hour after it ended. Yes, I won in the end, but why have an ending time if the clock restarts at every bid?
>>
>>33931449
eBay lets you set a reserve too....
>>
It's fuck retarded and serves literally no purpose
>>
>>33931827
Because it is in the interest of the seller and the auctioneer for the price to go as high as possible you fucking idiot. They don't care whether you get a deal or not.
>>
>>33931390
you mean bigly
>>
Reserve prices make no sense if you have a fixed starting price.

>>33931827
so you don't get sniped by bots at the last second.
>>
>>33930324
No, the reason people do that is because they want to get a certain amount of money from selling the gun. If they want to sell it for what people are willing to bid then they just wouldn't put a reserve.
>>
>>33931449
I've used eBay since 1998. If there was ever a time reserve prices didn't exist it was before that.
>>
>>33930195
this
I see this most of the time
>>
>>33930195

That's literally every item that faggot "pawnman" (or whatever his name is) sells. He has insane listings with shit like a $700 reserve on a Chinese SKS.
>>
>>33930102
>Why is gunbroker such shit?
>Why are all gun auction sites shit?

Every seller is one of two things

1.fat autistic fucks who thinking they're Rick Harrison because they had the brilliant idea to set their reserve price to MSRP and stroke off to the tiny bit of authority someone gets from having an item a stranger might give you something for.

>Don't call me! I'm a busy man(sold one gun this week). You'll know you won the gun when I get around to emailing you next week, by the way if you don't reply to my email within 15 minutes I'll move onto the next bidder!
>Don't ask me for more pictures or about condition of my guns, I worked really hard taking three pictures of this gun, I'm a busy man and it's so insulting that you might have a few questions before giving me hundreds of dollars that I'll probably block you if I get a message
>12 HOUR RETURN PERIOD UPON DELIVERY. MUST HAVE NOTARIZED INSPECTION PAPERWORK FROM GUNSMITH AS PROOF GUN HAD A PROBLEM. 50% RESTOCKING FEE FOR MAKING ME PUT MY SHITTY BROKEN GUN BACK IN THE CLOSET IM A BUSY MAN

2. Gun stores trying to sell unwanted crap they got as tradeins online where customers can't physically see how shitty the gun is.
>>
>>33931827
Fuck you faggot. Ebay needs that rule so faggots loke yourself stop sniping, you cock sucker.
>>
>>33934061
Buy at a store if you want to buy something without having to fight other faggots on the internet.
>>
>>33934124
Or put up with it and stop complaining gunbroker doesn't allow you to be a flaming faggot
>>
>>33930185
.t Jewish namefag
>>
File: stelio.jpg (96KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
stelio.jpg
96KB, 500x375px
>Shipping and Payment Terms Auction May Be Canceled Due to In-Store Sales.

>The above prices on this item reflect a 3% cash/check discount. This discount is not valid for credit card purchases. Add 3% to the total cost for credit card purchases.

These two things piss me off more than anything. They can fuck you even if you have the high bid and they sell it in their store. Also the fuck you shipping costs, like 75 bucks to ship a rifle, is ridiculous.
>>
>>33930102
In a perfect world gunbroker would limit the reserve price to the guns blue book value or slightly above.
A lot of us have would agree with that and it would stop a lot of tards, the downsides, besides the logistics of such a thing, is the seller would instantly know what he has and the value of it
>>
>>33931785
then those sellers are idiots who will unlikely sell a product that is draining them of space, time, and attention.
>>
>>33931827
>ok, I am willing to pay $750, MAX for this item
>go into a back and forth with guy that keeps extending bid time
at this point, you decide whether you really REALLY want the item for higher than $750, take a chance that the guy will back off after only a few dollars more than your max price, or just leave and wait for another listing to come along.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.