[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if WW2 happened today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: europelargesm.jpg (60KB, 521x452px) Image search: [Google]
europelargesm.jpg
60KB, 521x452px
>sept 1st, 2017
>Bundeswehr under Merkrl2 invades Poland while Putin takes it from the East (assuming 1939 USSR borders for Russia)
>UK and France declare war on Germany
>Pearl Harbor still attacked, as well as Norfolk resulting in the damage and loss of several carriers.
Does history repeat itself? Does France fall or does it completely BTFO Germany?
This assumes US forces are not present in Europe but still maintain their modern power.
>>
>>33929141
Germany gets gang-nuked.
>>
>>33929161
Ah, my bad. I meant to include no nukes in the OP post. Having nukes_present =1 just makes things boring.
>>
>>33929141
No Western European country would be able to actually fight for more than a month. The mass mobilization and inevitably high casualties would lead to instant mass protests. This is the modern day, remember? And that's not even bringing up the masses of mudslimes looking to take advantage of the situation, whatever that may be.

Russia would take Belarus, the Baltics, Ukraine, and Moldova, but certainly not Poland.
>>
>>33929185
Merkel running on anti-muslim platform, refugees are already in camps and local mosques in Germany have been burned. I'm just curious of the military capabilities. Lets assume WW2 never happened and the people of Europe never lost their appetite for war as result
>>
>>33929185
>lead to instant mass protests
which lead to economic collapse, mass starvation...etc,etc.
>>
>>33929141
>What if WW2 happened today?
>>sept 1st, 2017
>>Bundeswehr under Merkrl2 invades Poland while Putin takes it from the East (assuming 1939 USSR borders for Russia)
>>UK and France declare war on Germany

And germany's jokeswehr, still struggling to deal with the polish, gets hilariously curbstomped within weeks.
War is over so fast Italy doesn't even have time to choose which side to abandon.
>>
>>33929141
I stay comfy and neutral enjoying muh sun.
>>
>>33929141
Germany's military is on par with with most of their neighbors.
The smaller countries would probably bend over.
They'd be stopped at borders of Poland and France.
Russia would gang rape most of Europe and the US would roll over the entire landmass to Vladivostok.
>>
>>33929451
Also in the Pacific, the Japs would get annihilated attacking China or Korea
>>
>>33929206

The hypothetical is so vague,

But i think its clear Germany wouldn't attack russia, and they would probably amphib english isles or at least try.

I would imagine america would send a larger portion of thier forces to asia.
>>
>>33930126
Sorry lol, I tried to give as much detail as I could. Basically, if world war 2 began today, with the same nations invading, attacking and declaring war on each other, what would happen? I honestly think that after Russia takes Berlin in 2 weeks, the US wouldn't hesitate to push them back to Moscow this time. Assuming no nukes that is.
>>
>>33929141

>WWII never happened
Ok so nukes are never developed as a result of the arms race, so no nuclear power or bombs; V2 never happens, so missiles dont exist and therefore no space race, so tons of modern tech from NASA never gets invented.
We'd probably still be operating similar tech to WWII, except we might have helicopters
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494093577220.jpg (19KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494093577220.jpg
19KB, 552x414px
>>33930688
Oh for fucks sake the context in that regard is unimportant. It's a hypothetical anon. If it calms your autism then pretend there was some other major war that triggered weapons development.
>>
>>33929141
>france wins because they have the famas

duh
>>
>>33929141
This hypothetical is retarded. You can't project what each country would be like, considering the entirety of Europe was affected by WWII. There are not enough similarities that can be drawn between a world where WWII never happened and this reality. There are too many factors that were affected by WWII, so fuck off to /his/.
>>
>>33931343
That is literally not the fucking point you mongoloid. Its not what would Europe be like if World War 2 was postponed to 2017. It's literally just what if the actions in the war occured with the modern armies of their respective countries. So fuck off to /lit/ and focus on your reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1419103930871.jpg (34KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
1419103930871.jpg
34KB, 425x340px
>>33929141
Your scenario is fucking garbage for so many reasons. Most importantly of the geopolitical structure of the entire world would be completely different without the second world war. Doesn't help that this couldn't be any more vague either.
>>
File: bait.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>33931541
>>
>>33930927
t. eugen
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.