[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable would a Cordless Nail Gun be for Home Defense? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

How viable would a Cordless Nail Gun be for Home Defense? I'm a mentally unstable dipshit who just knows that if I get my hands on a Gun I'll kill myself. But when it comes to things that are much less likely to instantly kill, I don't even bother with the thought. tl;dr i'm a fucking pussy who needs not instant kill to the head defense weapon
>>
>>33928638
Buy a Valiant Armoury sword if you're too afraid to be hasguns.
>>
>>33928638
Suicide by gun is nowhere near a sure thing anyway, you can lose a couple parts of your brain and just be a fucked up zombie for the rest of your life.

Now that that's on your mind, go buy a gun.
>>
>>33928710
Thank you very much I will instead buy something to my liking there and practice with it to ensure the defense of myself and potentially others.
>>
Not very. You'd have to be fairly close to do real injury with one, and the nails aren't designed to fly through the air. It also wouldn't deliver a whole lot of trauma, not enough to make someone stop, which raises the possibility it could then be taken and used against you. Also, psychologically speaking, the attacker might not really register it as a weapon, a lot of them are big, orange things.

Just get a bat or a machete.
>>
>>33928725
>op buys gun, applies it to head
>becomes even more autistic
>mother blames guns for autism
don't do it opie
>>
>>33928725
Or maybe I can consider this as well. Choices.
>>
Not OP here, but have a related question.
Is it possible to convert a nail gun to full auto? I think American 180s are really cool, but seeing how much that one went for in auction broke my dreams.
>>
>>33928731
This is also another valid option for my idiotic self. The Bat, I mean. Since I already have it.
>>
>>33928638
Great if you want to defend yourself against jesus
>>
>>33928750
Possibly, but it'd probably be a lot easier to just make an open-bolt tube gun.
>>
File: hilti.png (244KB, 806x363px) Image search: [Google]
hilti.png
244KB, 806x363px
Some models are gas opereted like this hilti, as close to a fun as it can get
>>
>>33928638
would work breddy good, watch this instructional video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkjenSH8fBU
>>
>>33928769
>as close to a fun as it can get
False. Powder-actuated nail guns.
>>
>>33928777
and what the fuck does it mean, you retard?
>>
>>33928638
don't risk suicide with a gun, use a more reliable method like helium bag.

(don't be a statistic for the gun grabbers either)

also don't kill yourself
>>
None whatsoever, they press the nails into wood, my dad and used to shoot at each with smaller air compressor powered ones as long as you dont get hit in eye they do nothing.
>>
>>33928638
Get a tazer, you fucking dip.
>>
>>33928638
Why defend yourself if your so ready to kill yourself. Get nothing and die or don't maybe
>>
>>33928638
Carpenter here. Not a good choice at all. The nails dont fly straight, they tumble through the air. There's also a safety collar at the muzzle that has to be pressed against something in order to shoot a nail. The safety can be pulled back by hand, but you'll run the high risk of putting that nail through your fingers. Also you would have to be very close to your target to do any damage. I got hit in the back of the arm with a framing nail on a job site from about 20ft, and it barely left a welt.
>>
try this instead OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnSlws5EDZU
>>
File: poke646.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
poke646.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
Anyone remember this half life mod?
>>
Thread theme:
https://youtu.be/JflsBihO_MQ
>>
>>33928638
Also, a nail gun would be reasonably effective at killing you applied muzzle to skin (like it's supposed to be applied). At least, assuming you get a high-powered one. the shitty consumer ones will just give you a mongtastic head piercing and a trip to the ER.
>>
Dip your nails in poison for maximum effect
>>
>>33928765
Underrated
>>
>>33928638
Not very unless you are in melee range and able to hold the nail gun directly onto the target as a type of mortal kombat finisher. My family built our cottage ourselves and when I was 14 and my brother 12 we had a (friendly) nailgun fight while my Dad was out acquiring more supplies. I got shot in the arm by one from about 15' away and it bounced off without a scratch, my brother tagged my calf as I was jumping out of a window we had just framed from about 7-9' and it stuck in my leg about 1/8" or less. Fell out as I tumbled on the ground after, hurt less than a beesting. So no, don't use them for self defence, as others have said just get a bat or something simple.
>>
>>33928789

Not that anon, but everyone should work construction at point in their life. Basically it's a .227 caliber gunpowder charge, on a strip, that feeds into the top of the gun. It looks just like that Hilti, only without the fuckhue gas chamber sitting at the muzzle. When a charge is loaded, you insert a special nail with a washer and a rubber gasket (so that the nail seat in the muzzle properly.) You push forward onto whatever you're driving the nail into, with the nail, at preferably a 90 degree angle. You squeeze the trigger, the gunpowder charge is set off, the nail is driven into the material. Most often used for attaching wood to concrete, i.e. the frame of a house or any new building.

In short, it's a true nail "gun"
>>
>>33934602

Derp. .27. Most popular brand is Ramset, so much so that it has become the colloquial term for such a nail "gun." Referred to in the industry as a stud driver. I have a Simpson. Cool little tool that definitely pays for itself.
>>
File: bitch made.png (339KB, 397x1308px) Image search: [Google]
bitch made.png
339KB, 397x1308px
>>33928725

Stand on top of a tall building.
Shoot yourself in the head.

Even if the shot doesn't kill you, the fall surely will.

I swear, it's like you guys aren't even trying anymore..
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.