[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we swap /k/k related complaints about friends and family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: received_1160946903953910.jpg (7KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
received_1160946903953910.jpg
7KB, 265x265px
ITT we swap /k/k related complaints about friends and family
>Father inlaw is THE fudd. >Inststs on 1911s being carried decocked and all striker fired guns being on empty chambers so they dont "just go off on their own"
>Bro inlaw is massive pussy, buys most of his dads fuddlore
>Ma inlaw thinks guns r bad. Mkay?
>Mother thinks crime could never happen to anyone she knows
>Best bud cant handle the report of a 40 and wants to into funs
mfw in the center of all this
>>
>best friend moving to cleveland but refuses to get a CCW, even though he's not gonna be in a good neighborhood
>Mom got CCW permit over a year ago and still hasn't bought a carry gun
>I can't find a round quiet enough to use in my suburban backyard but big enough to humanely kill a problem woodchuck
>>
>>33925465
>mother keeps sitting on cpl
I know how that goes
Is she constantly saying she cant decide even though she constantly gravitates back to one?
>>
>>33925502
see response to OP. My bad
>>
>>33925502
Crossbow
>>
>>33925577
>>33925620
She doesn't have much experience with guns, and to be fair neither do I, so neither of us really know what we're looking for. She had trouble racking the slide on a couple autos we tried at the LGS, so she kinda preferred the revolvers we tried. But then she tried racking the slide on a couple pistols a friend owned, and she was able to, so now we don't know. It doesn't help that guns are so expensive.
>>
>>33925703
38/357s are generally good for newbies but try to avoid the 357 magum round until your pretty sure you can take it
>>
File: ss_22.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ss_22.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>33925502
It's just a woodchuck, how about subsonic .22?
>>
>>33925703
A brand new semi auto is going to have a very stiff recoil spring. They break in after a hundred rounds or so and get easier to operate.
>>
>>33925880
Just realized you were talking about a woodchuck, not a chipmunk. Woops.
>>
>>33925927
yeah woodchuck's a bit bigger than a chipmunk.

What if I shoot through something? Like put a pillow right in front of the muzzle? Will that keep it quiet enough that I can use standard or high velocity rounds?

How about a .17cal BB gun? iirc mine's rated at like 1200fps.
>>
My wife has my pistol, and she won't tell me where it is.
>"Well, that's what happens when you put a loaded gun to your head. We'll talk after you've been in therapy for awhile."
Whatever. Bitch.
But in all seriousness, she's a wonderful woman, and I'm forever grateful to her for putting up with this bullshit.
>>
File: 1494080381680.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494080381680.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>33925958
>What if I shoot through something? Like put a pillow right in front of the muzzle?

If only there was some sort of device that you put at the end of a muzzle to reduce the sound.
>>
>>33925465
>mom called me a pussy for buying an AR-15 when she visited last week

She owns a Vepr in 54r
>>
>>33926065
>If only there was some sort of device that you put at the end of a muzzle to reduce the sound.
I'm behind the lines in the People's Republic of New York.
>>
>>33926065
that's a weird dog
>>
>>33926112
My condolences.
>>
File: 1492106090319.png (317KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
1492106090319.png
317KB, 600x384px
>>33926087
respond with obrez and call her a cum dumpster
>>
>>33925958
shooting through a makeshift muzzle gas expansion retardation device will cause unpredicatable variation which is unacceptable when you're shooting for particularly small target like the brain stem of a woodchuck.

I've knocked out woodchucks with a .22 before and usually a shot through them will be lethal but they will not drop instantly and be recoverable unless you hit them in the brain stem. Note: not the brain, the brain STEM which is about the size of a pea.

If you just want the thing dead and don't care if it makes it down its hole and rots there you may be overthinking the problem. If you do want to recover it, make sure you can hit a target the size of a pea at the EXACT range you're going to see it and then anything above a .177 pellet gun should have enough oomph to get the job done.
>>
>>33925999
Dude. Ditch her. She'll tell the cops you're a danger to yourself. Bye guns.
>>
>>33926152
What about a heart shot?
>>
>>33926189
It'll be lethal, but it won't drop like a rock. For the most part when they're above ground they're never more than a second's dash from being down their hole so any kill that isn't instant won't leave you a body to recover.

Alternatively you could just poison the thing and then cave in its hole. If it doesn't re-dig it's dead and buried.
>>
>>33925465
>son-in-law is THE mall ninja.
>insists on NOT doing things the safest way possible.
>thinks accidents happen to everyone else but him
>is a massive faggot
>>
>>33927745
I bet he's on here right now
>>
>>33926087

Heh. I like her. Is she single?
>>
>>33927745
Ok grandpa
Why dont you tell me about your infallible accuracy again
have fun with your 30 extra potential mistakes between you and the first shot
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.