[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are engaged in combat in a relatively small building,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: lol its a gun.jpg (9KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
lol its a gun.jpg
9KB, 187x250px
If you are engaged in combat in a relatively small building, such as a typical single family house, would you rather have a rifle such as an AR15 or an AK, or a shotgun, or a handgun?
People always say shotguns are best for home defense, but are they really better than "assault" rifles?
And what if it's not defense against a thief breaking in, but rather two-way combat where both people are armed and ready to fight?
>>
rocket launcher
>>
File: 20160925_105104.png (941KB, 1440x1079px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_105104.png
941KB, 1440x1079px
>>33922987
if im going to swat a place i want my AR

if theres a banging on my door and some very fine gentlemen try to relive me of my stuff and my daughter of her virginity then shot gun.

home defense its hard to beat the "stopping power" of a load of 00 buck to the chest. you want that fight to be over now now now. even though an AR is much more precise. a shotgun will end it quicker.

as for a pistol my shotgun with the magpul stock and 18in barrel is shorter than my glock 17 when i hold it out to fire. so the shotgun wins there too.

also shotty is dirt cheap and simple.
>>
A carbine is more versatile than a shotgun in general. Personally I'd rather have a shotgun if I'm fighting at indoor ranges, but i wouldn't feel under-armed with a carbine either.
A pistol is good if you need a hand free to work a doorknob or steady yourself as you traverse rubble or what-have-you. It's also more maneuverable in cramped spaces.

Basically what it comes down to is using what you feel confident with and what works best in a given scenario.
>>
For home combat, a pump shotgun is good enough but an AR-15 is better.

The simple fact that you can shoot 29 more times on the spot if you miss, and 30 more times after a reload makes it far superior to any pump shotgun for real combat purpose.

Handguns are either too weak, too hard to properly shoot in combat stress, or too low in capacity.
Still meets the important criteria of "is a gun" tho.
>>
My suppressed 300 memeout. The only useful thing about it is short range combat and I won't go deaf shooting someone indoors.
>>
>>33924387
>suppressed 300 memeout
noguns here, what does this mean?
>>
>>33924344
>if im going to swat a place i want my AR
>if theres a banging on my door and some very fine gentlemen try to relive me of my stuff and my daughter of her virginity then shot gun.
These two situations seem pretty similar. Both occur in the same setting and both involve one or more potentially armed opponents. So why the difference? Is it just because in the latter situation you know the exact door they're coming through, whereas in the former you don't know where the bad guys are? Or is there more to your reasoning?
>>
>>33926128
7.62x35 upper on an ar lower. Shoots subsonic so it's a common caliber to run a suppressor on.
>>
>>33924357
Don't typical handgun rounds go through more walls, as well?
>>
>>33924387
>suppressed memeout.
Why is my bullshit alarm going off?
>>
>>33922987
RIFLE
RIFLE
RIFLE

if you cant have rifle then shotgun. if you cant have shotgun then handgun. TBQH you should have a rifle and a handgun.
>>
>>33926181
Because you're a /noguns/ like >>33926128 and don't understand firearms? A 300 bk upper is around $250. Multi-caliber suppressor-$800. Stamp $200.
>inb4 "post pics"
I'm not the anon that has it. I have a 300 upper but not a suppressor yet.
>>
>>33926208
Personally I go for all 3 stored wherever they will do the most good
>>
probably a carbine. Sure, a 12ga loaded with 00 buck or lord forbid, a 1oz slug, will punch a fist sized hole into someone at regular house distances, but capacity and recoil is the biggest things the 12ga shotgun has against it.

Then you get a bunch of people worried about over penetration, which applies more towards those living in cracker thin apartment buildings vs. people who live in rural or well spaced suburbs.
>>
>>33922987
Saiga 12
>>
11" AR carbine with 77gr OTM ammo and a compact can. Only option that will put people down in 1-2 hits while disintegrating in as few as two layers of drywall for safety.

I'd sooner take a pistol than any shotgun.
>>
>>33926175
Not as badly as a lead wrecking ball out of a shotgun. At HD ranges, even birdshot is a slug. You might as well use a WASR with M43 in it, you'll do just as much collateral damage.
>>
>>33922987
Why the fuck did you call them assault rifles?
I understand the parentheses but really?
I know it's a joke but that fucking triggered me.
Anyways, get a masterkey for your rifle.
>>
>>33926208
>Inb4 Masterkey
>>
>>33922987
M67s
>>
>>33926175
>Five-Seven
>Civilian Legal
>Default ammo is full metal jacket
>>
>>33922987
Both are extremely adequate to the task

But nothing else has the single-shot center-mass kill potential of a 12-gauge loaded with buckshot. Something like 80% of people hit in the torso with buckshot once die.

Whether or not the follow-up potential of a semi-automatic carbine beats that is up to you. I keep both an AR and a Mossberg loaded in my house but the Mossman is what I grab if I hear a bump.
>>
>>33922987
some kind of carbine. As a regular jack off civilian, I buy guns based on how they do on the range, or for fun. If the Germans decide to bust down my door looking for french partisans, I'd just use my AR or hand gun, depending on how much time I have to grab it.

>AKA I got lazy and my ar is in bits and is in a jumble in its case

If I was purpose buying, I'd buy with the law in mind. I live in California so blasting away with an AR, even in self defense runs the risk of a AD getting his jimmies rustled and charging me. Every shot beyond the first will get special attention. Every shot that missed will get attention. the time between shots will be contened. A wounded kraut will sputter his lies about following orders and western lies about what he was doing there.

A single shot gun 'blast' will be easir to justify, and by all accounts pretty good at this kinda stuff. I'd look at a proper semi-auto shot gun.

>if I was FBI, I'd go with a 10mm mp5. oh baby a boy can dream, but talk about cool gun to kick down doors with.
>>
>>33926181
anon your on /k/ people here buy guns meme guns and never shoot them. Its why noguns can infiltrate so easy, no one has any real experience and just bullshit.

>like the thread so far, how many people actually have ever cleared a house with real baddies in it?
>>
File: MP5-10l.jpg (78KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
MP5-10l.jpg
78KB, 800x504px
>>33930752
>AD
I mean district attorney, a DA. that is text book dyslexia right there.
>>
>>33922987
people say shotguns are best for home defense because birdshot and buckshot don't have a lot of penetration.
If you are in your own home (and your wife and kids are in the next room), over penetration is a real concern. If you are in someone else's home, not so much.
Rifles (shotguns, AR's, AK's, lever guns) can be hard to maneuver in small spaces like hallways and bathrooms. In those situations, a handgun is far better. Of course, caliber and ammo type (FMJ, JHP etc) are to be considered depending on if it is your home, someone else's home, or apartment.
>>
>>33922987
SBR'd AR-15 for sure.
Preferably with a can.
Semi-auto shotgun with #4 buck would be my second choice, then pistol with decent JHP.
>>
>>33930858
>shotgun
>lack of penetration
That's because they don't penetrate, they smash. Through three walls, your TV, your kid, and the neighbor's exterior wall. There is no dispersion at HD ranges and it will function like a slug. Get an AR with OTM/OHP/frangible ammo.
>>
>>33924344
>18 inch barrel and not 18.5
Say goodbye to your doggos
>>
saving from page 10!
>>
>>33933398
That didn't go well
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.