[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me redpill my classmates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

i'm doing a powerpoint on why guns aren't evil for a college class and i need 3 slides for 3 topics on why gun control is bad

i'm pro gun but i can't think of anything to put on the powerpoint
>>
Compare to drug and alcohol control, prohibition just put money in crime
>>
File: JustifiableHomicide2009-2013FBI.jpg (60KB, 944x353px) Image search: [Google]
JustifiableHomicide2009-2013FBI.jpg
60KB, 944x353px
>>33922527
Just copy two things from the FBI database,

>justifiable homicides
>murders by weapon

Then hit them with some quotes like,

>when seconds matter police are minutes away

Then consider not doing a presentation because no matter what you say or do your grades will fall for the remainder of your college life due to what you said or did.
>>
File: MurderVictimsbyweapon2009-2013.jpg (117KB, 944x811px) Image search: [Google]
MurderVictimsbyweapon2009-2013.jpg
117KB, 944x811px
>>33922580
>>
>>33922586
>>33922580
i can use this for a statistics slide but i'd need to branch out more for the other 2 slides
>>
Talk about how it has been used to target minorities. Such has black codes and the carry restrictions in California.
>>
File: 1445382816068.jpg (136KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445382816068.jpg
136KB, 960x960px
Guns are inanimate objects. Tools.
They don't have feelings, motivations, and cannot perform actions on their own. There's always a human factor behind all gun-related deaths, just like there is with car accidents.

In fact, vehicles are a fine comparison element to utilize. Nobody's restricting what kind of car you can own, even if you technically cannot drive 200mph legally pretty much anywhere.

You can also use the good ol' Switzerland as an example of high guns per population + generally positive and open minded attitude towards guns NOT resulting death and misery. Everyone and their mothers got a goddamn "assault rifle" at their homes, they even carry them openly in the trains, yet the country's rich as fuck and has lowest crime rates of this entire planet.
>>
>>33922527
it's a dailymotion link but might give you some ideas. 30 min show though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw62pw_penn-teller-bullsht-on-gun-laws_fun
>>
>>33922616
List specific cases. Drive home the fact that firearms are the great equalizers. That the woman who fears of being raped every single day she walks home from class can have relative peace of mind that she has a chance to actually fight back and not be a victim.
>>
>>33922527
what kind of class is this? speech? sociology? philosophy?
>>
thanks for all the help guys

>>33922692
debate portion in my english class
>>
>>33922527
>Outlawing marijuana is pointless because people will get it illegally anyway
>Same with guns, only instead of people who abide the law not being able to get high, they just get fucking killed by legitimate criminals because they have no means of self defense, and the Police take upwards of 5 minutes

>People often say the 2nd amendment only accounts for muskets, which were the primary rifle at the time
>So essentially the Founding Fathers wanted citizens to be armed equally to the military

>Chicago and DC have extremely high murder rates despite having strict gun laws because people not owning goes doesn't deter crime, it causes more of it, as criminals get less afraid of who they torment
>>
>>33922678
This guy gets it
>>
File: 1491348753212.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1491348753212.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>pro gun but can't think of why gun control is bad
>college
>3 slide presentation
>mfw

>falling murder rate despite sunset of assault weapons ban
>no correlation between violent crime rate and gun control across states in the US.
>gun control is media-driven rather than factually based
>2nd amendment is an individual right, DC vs. Heller
>historic failure of prohibitions

etc.

fundamentally the best argument against gun control is that the increasing ease of access to both information and the means of production renders any attempt to regulate things in the interest of controlling crime impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

>our guy
>>
File: shannon-watts.jpg (45KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
shannon-watts.jpg
45KB, 320x320px
>>33922527
If you really want to do a number for guntrol.
Be staunch in supporting gun control in your college ppt. Go against your buddies. Rile up the crowd if you can. At the end of senior year if someone asks you about gun control, just be nonchalant and give em a few pennies worth of pro-gun facts. Even offer to take to an lgr.
> faces are priceless, pussy is good
>>
https://discord.gg/q2kwF come talk guns
>>
kennesaw GA vs any town/city with strict gun laws.
>>
Guaranteed OP is the type that will spill his spaghetti all over the place regardless of /k/'s help.
>>
>>33922699
>debate portion in my english class

Dude. No one is going to give a fuck about what you have to say as an undergrad student in a gen ed class. Unless you have a PhD in why guns are good, just don't even bother. You'll just be remembered as that kid who might be a potential mass shooter.

I have a question for you. Do you wear cargo shorts, baseball cap with a velcro patch on the front or and/or back, flip flops, and Oathkeeper tee shirts?
>>
>>33922527
>crime w/guns lower now than during federal AWB
>places with strict gun control like California, Detroit, Chicago, still have high gun crime
>no real argument against firearms that doesnt include fallacies
>>
>>33926071
this. it really sucks but just going along with the liberal narrative is much easier. not only on your life in the classroom but your presentation as well. you can have all the stats in the world but if your opponent just shows a pic of a bloody kid, people will start applauding.
the more passion and effort you put into it, the worse itll be.
>>
>>33926091
This.

When I did my gen eds at a CC we had to take Speech which included a debate portion. I argued against PRISM and domestic SIGINT collections and for privacy protections.

Another kid that I had worked with on a group project in the same class made an okay argument against privacy and for domestic spying.

I could feel the mood in the room change instantly when he started his presentation. It became pretty hostile. It wasn't about his actual presentation or any of his information or argument, which was an okay to good argument, but most of the kids in the class disagreed with his position to start with.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.