[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg (212KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg
212KB, 650x488px
What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>33921542
whenever it becomes less than $8,000 i'll have thoughts on it
>>
>>33921542
Propelled handheld gas propellant weapons into the 22nd century, it'll be the weapon of issue to judge dredd/blade runner types.
>>
>>33921542
I think i would like it a lot more if there wasn't a thread about it every fucking day.
>>
>>33921542

DOA.

>proprietary everything
>even more expensive to shoot per round than a Lapau
>too big for combat pistol
>too big for defensive use
>only practical use is hunting

And I am not even bringing the cost of the pistol into this. It simply has no legs.
>>
>>33921542
After I finished cumming for like the umpteenth time -- I lost count -- I went back to less expensive firearms which I can afford to feed, because I drive a Lincoln, not a Lambourghini or however the fuck you spell it. It's no good if I don't practice with it, and I worry about going broke -- or, worse: breaking the gun -- after thousands & thousands of rounds.

>seriously want one tho
>>
If it wasn't so damn expensive and they sold reloading equipment for it I would buy it.
>>
>>33921542
i want one but while i could barely scrounge enough money to buy it, i could not afford to keep it fed.

Unless prvi partisan or some other chep slav ammo mill starts pumping rounds at reasonable prices. A man can dream...
>>
>>33921613

Too big for a home defense gun? I don't think so jack
>>
File: cooldog.jpg (47KB, 628x442px) Image search: [Google]
cooldog.jpg
47KB, 628x442px
>>33921542
Sexy. Expensive. Meme cartridge.
>>
Have they ever given a straight answer in regards to the price?
>>
>>33921542
I really, really, really like it.

I also really, really, really don't think it's worth $8k.
>>
>>33921542
It's neat. I like it. I love the round. I don't love any of it enough for 5 grand for a gun I can't carry.
>>
>>33921888

It's bigger than a fucking Mk.23 and it will over-pen through your house, the rest of the block.
>>
>>33921542

It's going to flop, which is unfortunate. Had they not gone full retard on the pricing, it probably would have been a pretty neat gun.
>>
>>33922022

They had to go full retard on the pricing as a result of the gun they were designing and all of the R&D that went into it.

It wasn't like they were making a Glock and predicted they could move hundreds of thousands of units.

This thing by dint of the engineering that went into it had to skew towards the ultra-niche market. They will probably sell a few thousand, and then disappear.

Anyway, every time I look at this thing I can't help but be reminded of the FN Five-Seven.
>>
>>33921542
buy one if you can afford it, it's sure to become a collector's item in 20 years.
>>
File: 1463979891857.jpg (56KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1463979891857.jpg
56KB, 500x484px
>>33921542
>when you get to tell the holster makers you actually have an FK BRNO
>>
>>33922074

Yeah, it will make a great paper weight.
>>
>>33922169
You could try to figure out how to convert brass to it's proprietary cartridge...
>>
>>33921613
Considering the lightweight projectile I doubt this will penetrate more than a hot 44 magnum, which is it's logical competitor.
For a hunting handgun I don't see it going anywhere.
>>
>>33922066
Isn't it just a giant CZ75?
>>
>>33922221

If we take their videos at face value, has better ballistics than a lot of other shit out there. Which I am fairly certain includes the .44 Mag, since they did a side by side test between it and an AK, and the AK didn't pen as deep. They also showed it actually being used to drop a deer in one video. Again, face value - pinch of salt - caveat emptor.

>>33922249

Kinda, but it shoots a round like the Five-seven. Which is why it makes me think of that. I mean if you really want a pistol that shoots what is essentially a rifle round, why not get that? It's cheaper, and the ammo is more prevalent as it will always exist so long as the P90 exists.
>>
>>33921542
That looks awesome. Does it come in 9mm, .45acp, .357, .44 or any other caliber which can be regularly purchased?
>>
The same thoughts I had in the last 8 threads with the exact same question and the exact same photo.

Every.fucking.time
>>
File: 1494353500561.jpg (64KB, 960x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494353500561.jpg
64KB, 960x434px
>>33922712
>>
>>33921776
No you wouldnt and you can literally have dies built to your spec. You can buy Dillon reloading Gear and hotrod the fuck out of any gun that'll fit 9x23win or 9x25Dillon while still coming in under cost with the same numbers people are chasing with this thing while also having a useful gun
>>
>>33922221
>I doubt this will penetrate more than a hot 44 magnum, which is it's logical competitor.
Stop saying that, and stop saying 10mm is close to .41mag. The cartridge has high energy through speed. It doesn't have 240+ gr of weight
>>
>>33922635
Yeah CZ,Sphinx, EAA, Canik and 20 other companies sell them. As a bonus they don't have the giant tumor
>>
>>33922766
>10mm is close to .41mag
But it is. They are ballistic twins. It's the .44 that has the 240 grainers in it.
>>
>>33922788

It's closer to .357 when comparing standard loads.
>>
>>33922788
No, it's fucking not. Even the hottest nuclear Buffalo Bore/Underwood 10mm doesn't even lick the nutsack of what little production .41mag there is, and .41mag can be handloaded a shitload higher.

10mm sits comfortably in the middle of what .357mag is capable of, and doesn't even come close to meeting the high end of what .357mag can do. Like, there's a 500 ft-lb difference in max muzzle energy between the hottest commercial 10mm and the hottest commercial .357mag, and like a 750 ft-lb difference between the hottest commercial 10mm and the hottest commercial .41mag. Which is more energy than *two* rounds of 124gr NATO-spec 9mm in difference.
>>
>>33921992
Yes. $7500 is the asking price for preorders, which started late last month.
>>
>>33922849
I mean, the why I can't really imagine what their justification is.
>>
>>33922194
Good luck.

They used an entirely proprietary case head diameter with entirely proprietary brass and entirely proprietary bullets. Literally nobody makes anything that could even be retrofitted or reworked to use in this gun.
>>
>>33922853
Don't forget the patented round that's between $1.70 and $4 a round depending on which flavor of snowflake bullet you want, meaning nobody else is allowed to produce it for 25 years without leasing the rights and paying royalties on it (IE, effectively killing it dead as shit).

And the $90 mags.

And the illegal-in-the-US stock that's an additional €440/~$480USD for what's literally just a bent piece of wire.
>>
>>33922788
I've often thought about filtering you, but hating your stupidity is too satisfying.

You may very well be the oldest tripfag here that posts with any regularity and yet you haven't learned a goddamn thing in at least 8 years
>>
>>33922788
And for fuck sake the .41 can handle up to 265gr
>>
>>33922916
It pushes them so slowly though you're on the back slope of energy though.

200gr is kind of the sweet spot for .41mag, although if you have a long barrel the light bullets generate the most muzzle energy on paper.
>>
>>33922929
Anything over 200gr and over 1000fps is doing fine for practical energy because they aren't mining equipment, secondly the the sectional density is still enough to make up for raw energy, because ft lbs aren't magic
>>
>>33923062
Oh I agree entirely. Hence the "on paper" comment.

Light bullets going really really fast aren't all that good at actually killing things unless there's another mechanic involved (such as an expanding bullet) that forces the bullet to stay within the target and dump its energy while increasing frontal area for more tissue destruction.

Heavy bullets are great for extremely deep penetration, and one of the reasons cast heavy bullets work as well as they do is they're usually soft enough to provide minor expansion while long enough to upset and offer some tumbling while still penetrating deep as fuck. They kinda do it all.
>>
>>33921542
>What are your thoughts on this?

I want to see more of the grill behind it.
>>
>>33923090
Fair enough, I was still excitable from calling Phil an idiot. But yeah, after a certain point the numbers are really just for long range shooters where it really matters, and handloaders that get their kicks with it. Until you hit 2000fps things are pretty tame and light/fast is a recipe or "failed" bullets

Saw a .41mag Henry mares leg at a gunshot recently. Didn't even know it existed and for once I wanted a Henry. Still holding out for the marlin 1894 in .41 but it's not like I'll stumble across one any time soon
>>
>>33921542
i could go to my lgs and buy a decent-tier 50bmg with ammo for the same price, so pass
>>
>>33921542
Doesnt look like a famas
>>
>>33923092
>this
>>
>>33921542
> how to both new product

-make up brand new LIMITED company
register it in Mumbai
-try to piggy back from a good regional name (guys guys guys, cz be here )

create a good damn unicorn xbox huge handgun with hardly any attractiveness to -military, to big, to heavy to snowflake cartridge
-recreational sports, it was what 7.5 k usd and what 4 usd per round ? lets face it no one in czechia going to buy, we are not poor but that damn thing is way to expensive, no one in eu will even be allowed to buy it and its still way out of budget for usa

-home defense all of above plus retarded hi penetration round

only extreme niche market would be for medium game hunters who want handgun, but why on earth why pay 7.5 k for this while there are plenty of revolver alternatives for fraction of price for both gun and cartridge

are you people sure those fuckers are not just scamming everyone ?
>>
>>33923705

It's a terrible scam if that's their goal.

To me it seems like they are just trying to replace the Deagle as the BBHG that everyone knows. Make it flashy, expensive, exotic, massive, impractical, etc. Do all of that and you capture people's attention for a little while. Nothing is going to come of this thing aside from maybe we see it in a few B-movies where the bag guy or the bad guy's main hench has one. It very literally does look like a movie prop already, and probably will go on to be one in various forms with different useless furniture on it for decades, just like all of the other meme guns that never got beyond small sample production.

Look at the Pancor Jackhammer. How many fucking movies and TV shows has that thing been in and there's like, two or three in the whole world?
>>
>>33922805
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.
>>
You folks could use a perusal of Elmer Keith.
He knew as much about what killed critters as anyone, still holds true today.
>>
Wouldn't even consider it for less than $4k
Would buy immediately if I went under $3000
>>
>>33923705
Maybe their plan is to sell it to rich Arabs?
>>
7.5 FK P90 when?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.