[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grendel SRT .308 - First Bolt Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Sup /k/,

I've been looking around at local gun stores and noticed this oddity a Grendel SRT in .308 based off the Sako AII rifle with a Weaver Tactical 3-10x40 Mil Dot scope and a Harris Bipod for $950. The stock was slightly beat up but everything looks fine. Rifling is fine, etc... I'm wondering if I should buy this shit right now considering how much of an affinity I have for Kel-Tec goofy shit and considering it's a sub-MOA precision rifle.

Does the gun shop owner not know what the fuck it is or were there anything wrong with these guns?
>>
Halp

I'm so close to just buying this thing. Everything looks fine on the gun, no rust, slight wear, rifling is immaculate.
>>
If you want something, and it's legal, and you can afford it, buy it.
>>
>>33921534
fucking do it m8, sounds like a perfect first rifle
>>
Do it OP. It looks neat as shit
>>
You could always see if he'd be open to haggling but I don't think 950 is bad for an uncommon sub moa gun.
>>
>>33921534
neat, I want one. Love my Su-16
>>
File: 9ctNTnY.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
9ctNTnY.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>33921840
>>33922039
>>33922061
>>33922229
>>33922352
I bought it, ended up haggling it down to $900. Comes with a couple boxes of Lapua and Winchester .308 ammo and a plastic case that has the bipod and a few other goodies within.
>>
>>33922478
Nice, seems like a good buy.
>>
>>33922478
The accessories that can come with used guns is often what makes it a good deal.

My 10/22 TD was $270, which is pretty damn good desu. But I also got 3 extra mags with dust covers, a $110 scope, and a barrel mounting bipod (useless, but look at the other stuff).
>>
>>33923243
That was a huge part of what I was considering, because for the longest time I was thinking about buying a Tikka T3x CTR until I saw this. The Tikka T3x is $1000, but I'd have to get the scope, bipod, sling, etc and those tend to add-up. Sure the Tikka is probably the better rifle considering even 20-30 years later manufacturing quality has increased substantially, it's still a sub-MOA gun with everything included and in near immaculate condition with the exception of some dings on the stock and scope. Not to mention living near Kel-Tec I'm probably going to go ask a few workers about it and get some better information than what little is out there. Hell, I might even do a write-up on the fucking thing if I find enough substantial information on the topic.
>>
Well the entire stock concept is a fucking meme and has significant disadvantages over a traditional side-folding stock, but whatever it's not like you paid much for it. It'll do what you want it to do. You can always sell it to some goober who knows diddly squat about precision rifles (like yourself) when you actually get practice in and learn what you actually want out of a bolt action aside from gimmicks.
>>
Good buy OP

>>33924487
Why did you feel the need to type this.
>>
>>33924527
Because the OP specifically asked if there was anything wrong with it, dummy. I responded truthfully unlike the rest of you who seem to have no clue what it is other than "it looks cool so it must be good hurr"
>>
That is a beautiful rifle that I have never seen before, and now I want one!
>>
Blue book value:
SRT-20F Compact (20" barrel)
775 for 100%
725 for 98%
675 for 95%
595 for 90%
565 for 80%
540 for 70%
520 for 60%

So... How much is the scope worth?
>>
File: 1494209090843.png (1MB, 600x898px) Image search: [Google]
1494209090843.png
1MB, 600x898px
>>33926690
>blue book of gun values
>not wrong
undercut galore, I laugh whenever I see some dumb boomer try to use those "values" online. it's the same sort of "reference" book that take KBB values for cars seriously

>>33922478
you probably did pay a little too much for it but its not all that bad

neat rifle and I hope you enjoy it
>>
>>33924487
Not having first hand experience, and only doing a 15min google search, what sorta issues are you having with it? I'm seeing an older Sako action coupled with a Douglas barrel.

From what I've gathered the rifle was not meant to be a uber long range rifle but rather a compact , easy to store/carry rifle with "good enough for govt work" precision.

For a 7 lb rifle , i'd be willing to throw some cash at it simply because it's an odd ball and seems to be considered "rare" by a number of folks simply because they don't make them anymore.

Is it a current production RPR? A custom stiller action r700 clone? m99 Barret in .416? No .
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.