[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greased Great Helm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I ordered a great helm recently and it's soaked in grease, I plan on wearing it so how to I get the grease off?
>>
>>33920954
Boiling water
>>
>>33920954
Use WD40 or some dish soap
>>
>>33920962
Boiling water with 1/2 cup of salt to scrub from behind the rivets. just make sure to air dry in the sun after.
>>
Break cleaner you cock
>>
>>33920968
Not sure if your trolling but wouldn't that rust it?
>>
I got the same helm, but mine had the leather head straps that were very weak and broke, now I need to find a way to fashion a replacement leather cord before I can wear it.
>>
>>33920996
yeah don't do that
honestly just wipe down with a paper towel repeatedly until you can handle it without it leaving residue on your hands, you want it to be slightly slick because the grease is what protects it, just not slippery
>>
Would a blow dryer be a viable drying form?
>>
>>33920996
brass and aluminum/zinc rust?
>>
>>33921057
>>33921073
Not op but similar situation.
>>
>>33920990
Break cleaner will work
>>
simple green

or the blood of Saracens
>>
>>33920954
What is it made of?
>>
>>33920990
Break cleaner my cock?
>>
Would a rag with some acetone not work? What am I missing?

Just use an oil based thinner, wear it, and the re-oil it while it sits in your closet.
>>
Boiling water. It won't oxidize while submerged and if removed while hot will dry almost instantly.
>>
>>33920968
Jerk, that will rust it.
>>
>>33920954
Wipe it down with paper towels.

The grease protects the metal from oxidation, so don't use soap or anthing that will remove all of the oil.

Just wipe her down until you're comfortable handling it.
>>
>>33923094
>this faggot never had to get rid of cosmolene
Kys nofuns bitch
>>
>>33923604
This, got a breastplate a few months back and I just wiped it down with a rag until it was clean.
>>
>>33920954
>This motherfucker doesn't know how to degrease
>obviously never owned soviet surplus
How did you come across /k/?
>>
File: 20170504_175945_HDR.jpg (444KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_175945_HDR.jpg
444KB, 1632x918px
>>33920954

Don't get rid of all of the oil, it is there to protect your helmet from corrosion. That being said, just wipe off a little bit, but not all of it, with a shirt, napkin, etc. Reapply oil each time you wear it or when necessary. Inspect it for rust very frequently so you can stop it from spreading as soon as possible. Wood paste wax is a cheap alternative to oils designed for protecting your armor. If your helmet EVER gets wet, immediately clean it off and apply oil ASAP.
>>
>>33920954
I have the same one. It's a bit too big, It might be because it didn't come with any suspension or anything.
>>
File: deus blyat.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
deus blyat.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
>>33925204
>>
File: 1196.jpg (24KB, 423x423px) Image search: [Google]
1196.jpg
24KB, 423x423px
>>
>>33925130
What helmet is that?
>>
Isopropyl alcohol
Acetone (nail polish remover)
Brake cleaner

But really you should just wipe it down with paper towels or a cotton/microfiber cloth. The oil is to prevent it from rusting from humidity. If you want to use a drier protectant, I recommend Barricade by Birchwood Casey. You should be wearing a hood before wearing the helmet if the only reason you're doing this to avoid getting oil in your hair.
>>
>>33921071
It will help. You're not drying it but rather trying to melt it off
>>
>>33925312

hounskull, it is an excellent choice for any 14th to early 15th century knight, as the 'snout' deflects arrows and other strikes away from the face. Only downside is visibility, but you can flip the visor up when you don't need it. Some of them lock (mine in particular needs to be held in place), and some of them, the visor can be removed completely. You can attach an aventail to studs that are affixed around the bottom of the helmet.
>>
>>33925406
I meant the manufacturer and model, not the type of helmet it's based off of.
>>
>>33925204
They are supposed to be big. They almost must rest on the shoulders. It's called Great Helm for a reason.
>>
>>33920968
deus vult.
>>
Where do you even buy one of these that isn't made in some 3rd world help hole?
>>
>>33928057
Yeah this
>>
walmart
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.