[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sperging Over Milsurp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 25

File: Reassembled Right View Reciever.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Reassembled Right View Reciever.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
This topic got brought up in a thread the other day, and the subject really didn't get explored enough before the thread 404'd.

Why do people freak out so much over milsurp? It's honestly pretty mediocre stuff. Here's my theory: Law of Scarcity

Milsurp follows a predictable cycle. First, no one really cares about it but buys it anyway because they're ten for a nickel. Then, as the supply dries up, they all flip shit that the price goes up ("OMG ITS NOT WERTH DAT!"). Then, when the supply is gone and the damn thing brings ten times what it did originally, it's suddenly *OMG MYSTICAL GUN!* status, and people go thermonuclear autistic out over shit like minor stamps, sling swivel locations, gadgets, sights, and so on.

It's still the same old beat-up 2-6 MOA shooter it always was. Nothing has changed except the ease with which one can be obtained. Most milspergers are dimly aware of this dissonance, so they have to come up with something else to justify their autism. Here's what they usually come up with... (cont.)
>>
File: Finished restoration.jpg (200KB, 1152x672px) Image search: [Google]
Finished restoration.jpg
200KB, 1152x672px
(continued from) >>33919787

>"MUH HISTORICAL SIGNIFIGUNCE"

Now, once the milsperger has trotted out this old yarn, you know you're off the map of reality and firmly in his fantasy realm. In his imagination, the rifle the milsperger is rubbing Cheeto dust into is a bonifide combat veteran, no doubt used to fell enemy after enemy in a blaze of glory while bombs exploded all around and banners flapped in the failing light of a glorious day of battle. Surely, that's where all those dings and scratches came from!

Reality: A vanishingly small percentage of rifles produced by any nation (even the USSR) are actually fired in combat. Most ride around in trains, trucks, get used to train with, spend time in lockers, and then are arsenal refurbished, boxed, shipped, and sit in warehouses. That's where all those dents and dings come from, you sperg.

They're just mundane pieces of military equipment that led mundane military lives. They're no more historically significant than a canteen or a belt buckle-- but to you, they're a priceless treasure of history! Reason: Your autistic fantasies.

Look, they're fun to shoot and collect, nice to look at, and interesting conversation pieces. But that's about it. Can we dispense with the breathless apotheosis of what are, in the end, really mediocre firearms?
>>
I just like milsurp rifles for the full length wood stocks, modern rifles are mostly black plastic sporsterized stocks and wood costs extra. As for the pistols I like the all metal construction and the reliability
>>
>>33919806
Well your last line brough out the truth, that these guns are mainly cool historically and aren't crazy amazing or anything like that.

Which is why I don't sperg over milsurp. I like milsurp because they are wooden stocked, have iron sights, and are historically and mechanically interesting.
Never forget, autism is the name of the game in this board though.
>>
>>33919806
>Can we dispense with the breathless apotheosis of what are, in the end, really mediocre firearms?
Okay... and?

Nobody buys milsurp because they want a great firearm. Milsurp collecting is just antiquing for boys. We like milsurps for the same reason that anybody likes any antique. You might as well be saying that the Model T is a "mediocre car". Okay, sure - but the desire for a great car is not why car collectors buy them.

Basically, all you're proving here is that you're the real autist in this conversation. You're "sperging out" about MOA specs and such, when you don't have any understanding of the fact that none of that matters a bit when it comes to antique collecting. In fact, often the most collectible stuff is objectively not very good. Why is Chase The Chuck Wagon a highly collectible game while Super Mario isn't, even though Super Mario is about a billion times better game? Because there were about a billion Super Mario cartridges produced, and only a relative handful of Chase The Chuck Wagon.

Again, you don't understand the point of antiques or how or why they're valued. Which is fine. Go back to your plastic AR and be happy.
>>
File: my zedentity.jpg (259KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
my zedentity.jpg
259KB, 922x692px
>>33920132
>Look, they're fun to shoot and collect, nice to look at, and interesting conversation pieces. But that's about it.
I'm sorry, you posted the last sentence in that paragraph as though you didn't read the one before it.

Which is sad for you, because the one before it completely negates that wall-of-text rage response of yours.

Yes. Antique collecting is pretty much all it is. We actually agree with one another, you're just too mad about tripcodes to see that. Also, those guns I posted? Yeah, I own both of them, in addition to an AR, and a lot of other things besides.

You have been weighed, measured, and found wanting.
>>
>Zed
I used to hate him, but then I learned that he's more knowledgeable than about 98% of /k/ about 98% of what he says.

This is one of those thing he's right about.

Never change, Zed; you're an okay guy.
>>
File: mah nigga.gif (483KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.gif
483KB, 141x141px
>>33920207
>>33920063
Mah niggas.
>>
But they're cool and the value is only gonna go up
>>
>>33919787
You're just an autist that doesn't understand how there can possibly be people that think differently than you do.

For me, I like milsurp because I get my /k/ and /his/ fix in one object, that I get to shoot.
>>
File: MyRaifu.jpg (321KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MyRaifu.jpg
321KB, 2048x1536px
I like my sks though...
>>
>>33920015

>I just like milsurp rifles for the full length wood stocks

That's exactly why I like them too. That, and I got my SKS for $200 a while ago before the whole AR craze went full force.

>>33919787

Milsurp is only good these days if you really want to collect old guns. Back in the day when they were actually cheap as peanuts, I would instantly recommend them over any newer guns. However, now I'd just say go make an AR and be done with it. SKS's for example are getting so fucking overpriced that I'm seeing ~$400 for a Norinco now, and you can make a basic AR for a bit more than that.
>>
I mean, each piece of military equipment, from the firearm to the helmet to the canteen to a soldier's clothes still have a valuable spot as history. Whether they were used, sat in a factory, or were stuck in a dead soldier's locker to rot, they're all history.

Milsurpfags have a place in protecting that history and considering milsurp is a vanishing market, it's more important than ever really. Yes, it's filled with people over glorifying things but so is just about any hobby. Protecting pieces of history, no matter how significant, is still important in my mind. The weapons used to fight wars especially so since, while the ones still being collected and preserved may not have seen combat, those weapons were still the difference between life and death for millions of people. So were helmets, knives, rucksacks carrying supplies, etc. but the weapons were arguably more important to the war effort.

Then again I am probably being too much of a history nerd. If you're not as much of an autistic history fag, then don't be an an autismo about milsurp. Let people do their own thing for whatever makes them happy tbqh
>>
>>33920861
That's the way I see it. People will be making AK's and ARs for (probably) decades to come. These old guns will never be made again, outside of replicas and toys. I mainly get them because of the historical representation. Once these old milsurps re gone, they are GONE, rarely to be seen again. Also, its kinda cool to own a gun that was made before WWI started.
>>
>>33920925
>These old guns will never be made again
Because they're crap.

>I mainly get them because of the historical representation
No, you get them because they're scarce. That's the reason you give yourself as you get some piece of crap that someone was issued and hated, then bought by some lardass who has definitely rubbed his dick over it and shove parts up his ass.
>>
>>33920201
What an unimaginative and forgettable person you must be.
>>
>>33921151
I totally bought a mosin nagant because it was scarce

what are you even talking about anon?
>>
It's a piece of history.
I have this old Enfield.

The bore is sadly worn, it will never shoot well.
The finish is rather faded.
The stock is beat to hell.
But I have respect for this old rifle of mine.
There's a reason for its condition, it was made in 1939.
>>
>replying to a tripfag
>replying to zed in particular
Your daily reminder not to give tripfags the attention they so desperately crave.
>>
File: 1451285607482.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1451285607482.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>33921151
>>
>>33919787
>>33919806
In a way, I think the historical milsurp sperging is just some people's way of connecting to a point long since passed. Same thing for gear queers when they dress up in old uniforms. It is just how some individuals feel that connection to history.

But considering where we are, there are plenty of autists that take it to the enth degree beyond what the should.
>>
>>33921196
Fuck off

Zed has at least made a post worth of discussion and debate. Tripfag or not, this is actually quality content.
>>
>>33921269
>quality content
>calling one of the largest and most knowledgeable portions of the gun community names because he doesnt like what they like
This is the definition of shitposting, now put your trip back on you humongous faggot.
>>
>>33921269
What is there to say other than "I agree" or "I disagree"

There's not necessarily anything up for debate, it's all opinion, and almost everyone has their own.

I don't know about you, but I generally come here to talk about milsurp, not hear some trip's opinion on how we truly feel about it.

Also (You)
>>
>>33921269
You might as well have kept the trip on for this.
>>
>>33919787
>tfw I want to collect Milsurps
>One of these days I want to get a large building
>make into a gun museum
>but there is a twist
>gun range in back
>that is right! A gun range/museum! Rent any historical peice and fire it!

This dream is from my visits to museums and seeing guns getting dusty on a shelf. Who would visit?
>>
File: 1488646341161.jpg (37KB, 378x434px) Image search: [Google]
1488646341161.jpg
37KB, 378x434px
>>33921383
Good idea anon.
>>
>>33921662
Thank you. I saw an MG42 in a museum and this came to my mind.
>>
>>33920201
Bullshit, he hit the nail on the head. You just don't get it which is fine. Not everybody likes Milsurps the same. I suspect you like them but are bitter about the rising prices and needed to rant.
>>
>>33919787
Milsperg gun fags may be obnoxious but at least they have guns.

Surplusshit fashion shills are the real problem. They are even more obnoxious with no redeeming qualities, pure poison to /k/.
>>
File: 2154898556.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
2154898556.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>33920201
>You have been weighed, measured, and found wanting.
>unironically quoting the fucking "Knight's Tale"
>calls everyone else autistic

el oh fucking el
>>
File: 1492969601986.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492969601986.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>33921269
>pretending this isn't Zed shamelessly same fagging
>>
>>33923496
Spoilers: It's a paraphrase from the Old Testament.
>>
>>33923496
EXACTLY the reaction to that I was hoping for.
>dat reaction face
Perfect! Fucking saved, well played Anon.
>>33923536
Now that I did not know. Do you happen to know the where?
>>
File: Not Zed, sorry.png (27KB, 895x530px) Image search: [Google]
Not Zed, sorry.png
27KB, 895x530px
Point of order:
Guys, I know I've said this a million bazillion times, but I just DO NOT samefag as Anon. I see it as... indecorous.

Believe what you want though.
>>
Some surplus stuff is a lot of fun to shoot.
Some genuinely outperforms modern alternatives (like Mannlicher Schoenauers) in some aspects.
For some it becomes a hobby to collect minor variants and what not.
And some people just want to own if because they want to own it.

Are military surplus firearms on par with the latest and greatest? Well, no.
Is a surplussed K31 an excellent shooter that will make you smile? Absolutely.
>>
>>33924235
This. This is correct.

But the autism.. oh god, the autism.
>>
>>33924176
>Do you happen to know the where?
Daniel 5:27. It refers to the destruction of either the Assyrians or the Babylonians.
>>
>>33924739

>Daniel 5:27King James Version (KJV)
>27 Tekel; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

AAAHAHHAHAHAHA there's a guy at my work with the last name Tekel, and I am totally going to SHIT on him with this. /k/aptbilly, whatever our past disagreements, this is a gift. Thank you!
>>
>>33919787

Everything >>33920132 said.

If everyone thought like you, there would be no reason to preserve any artifact of history.

Everything that was built in that time, from a mundane canteen to a C-47, is a priceless relic. Being able to own something that was built in an era where the entire world was in turmoil is special. It's even more special when you know the story that the artifact has to tell.

>>33919806
>Reality: A vanishingly small percentage of rifles produced by any nation (even the USSR) are actually fired in combat.

I would like to see a source on this.

Just about every single Matching Type 99 with mum was recovered off the battlefield. Most of them are staked, showing that they have never even taken them apart.
Hell, I have one with fucking shrapnel embedded in the stock.

Zed, my opinion of you has changed. You need to stay in your AR general and never come out.

>>33921174
Love it.
>>
>>33921151
Shit b8 m8
>>
>>33926569
>Just about every single Matching Type 99 with mum was recovered off the battlefield.
Compare the actual number of rifles (for which this is verifiably true and not marketing bullshit) to the actual number of Arisakas produced in WWII.

You should think before you post.
>>
File: landscapebackto.jpg (517KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
landscapebackto.jpg
517KB, 1366x768px
Anyhow, I'm not sure I see the point of this whole thread. The days when you bought milsurp just to get a cheap shooter are long gone, and aren't ever coming back. So what's the point of a thread that tells us that buying milsurp just to get a cheap shooter is a silly idea? Nobody does that anymore, they haven't done it for years now, and they're not going to do it ever again. As someone else said, this thread belongs back in 2006.
>>
>>33924653
>But the autism.. oh god, the autism.
>"I don't like it when other people have a different kind of autism than me."
>"Only my form of autism is correct."
>>
>>33928678
>actual number of rifles (for which this is verifiably true and not marketing bullshit) to the actual number of Arisakas produced in WWII.

>he doesn't know about rifles that were total losses.

Just because they made 14 million K98ks, for example, doesn't mean there are 14 million K98ks out there. Most of them were lost in battle.
>>
>>33919787
Milsurp is for collectors, historically interested, and previously poorfags. Anyone who wants a lead thrower with great accuracy and a slick, light construction can get an ar, but milsurp is for people who appreciate the historical aspect as well as the tech behind older firearms.
>>
File: ReceiverSNblocked.jpg (62KB, 736x980px) Image search: [Google]
ReceiverSNblocked.jpg
62KB, 736x980px
>>33928821
>Most
Yeah no.

>>33928745
>>33928885
You guys are missing the point. You are responding, after all, to a guy who owns a lot of milsurp and enjoys it. Look, here's my nugget.

My point is that it's JUST A NUGGET, just like my K98 in the OP pic is JUST A MAUSER. I'm talking about the ascribing of qualities and fantasies to a mediocre (albeit fun to own and shoot) rifle that occur once the rifle hits a certain level of scarcity.

That's the autism I'm talking about. You know EXACTLY the kind of people I'm talking about.
>>
>>33928808
>"everyone on the spectrum is equal!"
I want feminist/BLM/ultralib logic to leave.
>>
>>33919787
Tripfag provides another reason why no one likes or listens to them
>>
>>33928995
>You know EXACTLY the kind of people I'm talking about.
And those people are way less prolific than you think they are
>>
>>33929062
No, both forms of autism are wrong because they're autistic. I'm saying you're just as bad as the people you're railing against.
>>
>>33929143
Thank you for confirming my post, as well as your own autism.
>>
>>33928995
>My point is that it's JUST A NUGGET, just like my K98 in the OP pic is JUST A MAUSER. I'm talking about the ascribing of qualities and fantasies to a mediocre (albeit fun to own and shoot) rifle that occur once the rifle hits a certain level of scarcity.
Literally who is doing that? I haven't seen anybody, anywhere, anytime, on any part of the internet, or in real life, ever who says that these guns are more accurate than they actually are. So precisely who are you complaining about?

Again, it seems to me that you simply don't understand the idea behind antique collecting. The value of milsurps is not rising because a large group of people suddenly got the misconception in their heads that these are sub-MOA rifles. Listen to me: There are other reasons why people might value a vintage rifle other than its specs and accuracy. In fact, precisely nobody buys them for those reasons these days. Nobody fucking cares that they're "mediocre". Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but that's not the fucking point of antique collecting. Nobody buys a Mauser because they want a sub-MOA rifle, just like nobody buys a DeLorean because they want a fast sports car or buys Chase The Chuck Wagon because they want a fun video game to play. You started a thread to criticize a group of people that don't exist because you don't understand why people value antiques and therefore can't understand why values on one particular group of antiques (i.e. milsurp rifles) keep going up.
>>
>>33929166
How in the hell does that make any sense? You don't get to "win" an argument just because you've said you won.
>>
>>33929169
>more accurate than they actually are
Where did I write that this is the quality the milspergers are attributing to their now-scarce firearms? Oh, that's right, nowhere. So your wall-o-rage is against a strawman of your own making. You're like a parakeet sperging out on the mirror in it's own cage. GJ.

>>33929187
It's not even hard to understand, I'm sorry you're having trouble with reading comprehension. Try reading the exchange again. Read to understand.
>>
>>33929575
Nah m8, it doesn't make any fucking sense. You got had my man
>>
>>33919787
OP you are autistic, but you don't have the kind of autism required for milsurp collecting. So just go be with your normie friends and leave the milsurp to the true autists.
>>
>>33929604
>>33929743
Shitposting.
>>
>>33928885
Dead on /k/omrade
>>33928995

This is what you fucking kids dont understand. K at its core is people who love guns, armor, and war.
You little shits are too materialistic to see the value of any firearm except the latest and greatest barbie gun you can bolt shit onto and shitpost it here to grow your ego.
>>
>>33929780
Pls stop. You are default autistic because of tripfagging, but it's not the right kind of autism.
>>
I like how my SKS looks and it's not a bad shooter to boot. I'm no sniper so it's good enough for my needs. The coyotes I kill don't care how (in)expensive my gun was either.
>>
>>33919787
Got a milsurp famas

I can bury bitch in mud and fuck it hard shoot

good blast
>>
How are the old enfield revolvers? I could pick one up for (the equivalent of) $220 usd

.38 s&w is hard to come by though, would it even be worth it?
>>
File: top cryptologists.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
top cryptologists.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>33930736
>I can bury bitch in mud and fuck it hard shoot
>good blast
>>
File: 19396.jpg (615KB, 659x1554px) Image search: [Google]
19396.jpg
615KB, 659x1554px
>>33919787
>Why do people freak out so much over milsurp?

>Zed has to ask this fucking question now because my post didn't get through his thick skull the last time
You are beyond FUCKING STUPID. I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT AGAIN?

I'll put it as simply as I can so you should (theoretically) not have a problem understanding

MY MOSIN-NAGANT WAS IN A WAR. IT WAS IN A WAR AT SOME POINT. I won't ever know where or how many germans it killed, but since it's a 1939 production Tula I can bet pretty safely that it saw combat somewhere with the USSR.

My AR15? Never in a war. Maybe its magazines, but likely not. My WASR-10? It has Balkan WAR furniture, but the rifle itself was never in combat anywhere. Same goes for all of my other guns.

And it's for this fucking reason that my Mosin-Nagant is the dominant figure of my collection. It has history that the others do not. It had its own small part in the world's greatest conflict of the last 100 years, and only old firearms like it will have that value.

>muh money value
Sentiment is ALWAYS going to trump monetary value. I don't give a fuck if mine somehow becomes the very last functioning Mosin on the planet, it is mine and no one elses.

>muh scarcity
You fucking retard. THE NUMBER ONE FACTOR for a milsurp collector will be the historical factor, not monetary value. Big money is in the full-autos and you know it.
>>
>>33933193
>MY MOSIN-NAGANT WAS IN A WAR. IT WAS IN A WAR AT SOME POINT. I won't ever know where or how many germans it killed, but since it's a 1939 production Tula I can bet pretty safely that it saw combat somewhere with the USSR.

Contrast this sperging with what I wrote in the second post, which Anon obviously did not read:
>>33919806
> In his imagination, the rifle the milsperger is rubbing Cheeto dust into is a bonifide combat veteran, no doubt used to fell enemy after enemy in a blaze of glory while bombs exploded all around and banners flapped in the failing light of a glorious day of battle. Surely, that's where all those dings and scratches came from!

This is the autist I'm talking about. This is PRECICELY the autism I made this thread for.
>>
>>33933236
Daily reminder that Zed is permanently banned from 4chan for faggotry.
>>
>>33919806
>Can we dispense with the breathless apotheosis of what are, in the end, really mediocre firearms?
>>33933236
>This is the autist I'm talking about. This is PRECICELY the autism I made this thread for.

No. You're sweeping away the biggest aspect of milsurp guns as "autistic fantasies". The irrefutable fact that your favored milsurp gun is a relic from a previous era, a long gone age, that you can bring to life and used the way it was made to be used. It's really hard to find another hobby that allows for such a thing. I can't go round up an old steam train and drive it wherever. I can rebuild an old car, but it won't have 100% authentic original parts.

I feed my Mosin-Nagant and it will thunder and spit death just like it did in 1940.

>autism
You're the fucking autist here if you can't get your head around reality. You're bitching about old things with sentimental value and questioning why people like them.

One again you prove yourself to be the biggest fucking asshat on /k/. This shouldn't even be a difficult concept to grasp. Why aren't you asking why people like to collect old shit in general?
>>
>>33919806
>>33919787
Yeah, I pretty much have regretted ever piece of milsurp I ever purchased once the cool factor wore off. It's pretty cool and if you really want to collect old stuff, okay then. I just wish I would have put that money towards a practical weapon. Good post Zed. +97 good boy points.
>>
File: 1393785928566.jpg (26KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1393785928566.jpg
26KB, 250x333px
>>33933286
>I feed my Mosin-Nagant and it will thunder and spit death just like it did in 1940.
I am legit loling right now.
>>
I go for mil-surp because I'm a history nerd. Scarcity of the weapons is an unfortunate aspect of it, since I'm poor, but even if I can't own a particular firearm I find interesting, I still enjoy learning about/studying things about it.
It's something about being able to take this tool from a very specific period of time, and be able to feel some of that. Being able to fire it, get a sense for it, how things were, it's all really interesting.
>>
>>33933334
>LEL HE THINKS IT BEHAVES THE SAME WAY IT WOULD HAVE 70 YEARS AGO LEL

>>33933286
>One again you prove yourself to be the biggest fucking asshat on /k/.
>>
>>33919806
>They're just mundane pieces of military equipment that led mundane military lives. They're no more historically significant than a canteen or a belt buckle-- but to you, they're a priceless treasure of history! Reason: Your autistic fantasies.
by this reasoning collecting most things, coins spring to mind first, is foolish
>>
Milsurp is its own reward, rather than delivering an objective advantage (save price early in its lifecycle). If it's a mental illness, I'll buy that and carry on.

Point of order: I do like old rifles, but my true erection is for surplus bags. No question, 100%, they make modern synthetic camping backpacks that outperform the living hell out of canvas and leather gear that smell like basement. But I will outhike a modern ultralite thru-hiker on raw macho-larp chub energy alone.
>>
>ITT: An autist has trouble empathizing
wow..
>>
These two posts are just assinine bloviation.

>People shouldn't like what I don't like!
>>
>>33920201
>Antique collecting is pretty much all it is.

No one has claimed it wasn't you fucking autistic fag. No one in this board's history has bought a mosin and said "this is more functional and clearly superior to the AR platform". It's always for the "MUH HISTORICAL SIGNIFIGUNCE". Which at first you say is invalid, then agree that they are "Antique" which would in fact imply historical significance. Sounds like summa dat cognitive dissonance to me. You have a serious case of autism just like the rest of this board.

>>33920207
It's like you like sucking stranger's dicks.
>>
Most hobbies are fucking pointless. Why would buying milsurp be any different?
>>
>>33919806
>Look, they're fun to shoot and collect, nice to look at, and interesting conversation pieces. But that's about it. Can we dispense with the breathless apotheosis of what are, in the end, really mediocre firearms?

>Can we dispense with this strawman fantasy I created that no one does and get back to what you've been doing the whole time?

HAHA WOAH DUDE EPIC TROLL TOP KEK POSTIN IN A ZED THREAD TOASTING AN EPIC BREAD LEL @ ALL THE MADKUCKS ITS LIKE THEY DONT EVEN NO ZED = EPIC MEMETROLL HAHA AUTISTIC MILSPERGERS OMG MOM CHECK THIS OUT MY SIDES ARE IN ORBIT
>>
>>33934107
>MILSPERGERS

Fuck me I'm never going to forget this
>>
>>33934252
To be fair, I am the one who coined the term. You could at at least be white enough to give credit where it credit is due.
>>
>>33934282
You tried SO FUCKING HARD
You are NO WHERE NEAR the level of troll that hunter is you pathetic has been
Get with the times and work on your garbage
>>
>>33934282
>I MADE THAT
>ME
>LOOK AT ME
it's almost like you've never achieved anything else in your entire life
>>
>>33933351
You're fucking autistic, bro. Do you have proof that your mosin was used in combat? You just assume to try to add some kind of sentiment or value to your rifle. If you like the mosin for being a mosin, just say that, and not that you actually believe it was used in combat.
>>
>>33934036
>"Antique" which would in fact imply historical significance
Not necessarily, people who collect antiques collect them because they're old
>>
File: 20160220_143710.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160220_143710.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>33934408
I have proofs. 41 stamp, rifle was guaranteed captured during the Winter War.
>>
File: 19391.jpg (372KB, 1403x465px) Image search: [Google]
19391.jpg
372KB, 1403x465px
>>33934282
>I am the one who coined the term. You could at at least be white enough to give credit where it credit is due.
Blow me you fucking mong.

>>33934408
I don't actually give a fuck if it was or not. I like to think it was, but there is no way for anyone to find out. If some russkie were to come along with armory documents and tell me "Rifle 8449 spent all of the GPW in storage outside Sevastopol" I wouldn't have a fucking stroke or something.
>>
>>33919787
If you really wanted to troll them, you'd promote the benefits of refinishing and other restoration.
>>
File: 1903 receiver right.png (1MB, 820x615px) Image search: [Google]
1903 receiver right.png
1MB, 820x615px
>>33934513
Another thread, Anon. Another thread.
>>
>>33921383
I went to a range like this in AZ.

Had pretty much anything you could think of, and if you had the cash, you could shoot it.

MG42 mounted on a jeep, .50bmg, uzi, m16, etc

They were quite busy, just be sure to be within a hours drive from a major tourist destination, it'll guarantee traffic
>>
>>33934408
I have proof my mosic was used in combat.

1942 stamp date

they didn't make rifles in 1942 for the gun closet.
>>
It's a fucking hobby, nothing else. don't be so confused when a few blow it out of proportion for something 'more' or 'special'.

Bait thread or not, almost everyone on this board is here because they like firearms.
>>
File: 1295316677770.jpg (648KB, 2381x1786px) Image search: [Google]
1295316677770.jpg
648KB, 2381x1786px
>>33919787
you just dont get it...

I like military surplus guns because theyre cool, just as I like old military belts and canteens because theyre cool

milsurp is cool and cheap and fun

fuck off with our autism
>>
>>33937200
You didn't read the post at all. I collect milsurp for the same reason. You and I actually agree, you just don't have the reading comprehension skills to understand that.

>our autism

Indeed.
>>
File: laughing tears.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tears.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>33934486
>>33935116
>"MUH WARTIME PRODUCSHUN IS PROOFS MUH FANTASEE IS REALLY REAL GUIS!"

wew
>>
File: IMG_20161123_151532.jpg (2MB, 4349x1126px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_151532.jpg
2MB, 4349x1126px
>>33934408
IDK about my mosin seeing action, but my type 38 sure as hell did
>>
>>33920132

This. I have ARs for when I want guns that are current combat capable. I buy milsurp because it's cool. Most of it is garbage compared to what we have today, but that's not the point.

>>33919787

Just a reminder that OP is always a fag.
>>
>>33921383

My nigga. I want to do the same thing, museum/range/store/club.
>>
>>33919806
To be honest I just love milsurp weapons, I love the aesthetic and that's about it, also the click when you work the bolt on an enfield just sounds really nice.

The only time I can see myself sperging out is if someone destroyed a milsurp weapon like that idiot who donated his dads service 1911 to some shitty San Francisco artist to be burned and made into "art", you are somewhat correct in that people inflate the importance of milsurp weapons but is still a piece of history and interesting nonetheless, even if most of them available now didn't actually see combat.
>>
>>33920207
He comes out with some autistic shit, but he isn't completely wrong here.
>>
Picked up a Finnish M91 today for $250
I know little about them, but I thought the price was alright. It's marked VKT with a D under it. Dated 1941. SA marking on the side. I'll post pics when I get home, but I'm wondering what the "LT" stamped on the stock means? Also there is a hole looking thing the size of a 50 cent piece on the side of the butt of the stock. Anyone know what that is?
>>
>>33940130
>wearing a US 1907 pattern sling
hoo boy, the spergs are really married to the fantasy, aren't they?

>>33941712
Post pics.
>>
File: stock.jpg (1MB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
1MB, 2000x1126px
>>33941757
Best I can right now. I'll dump some of the whole rifle when I get somewhere with decent lighting.

This is the "LT" and hole. Looks like something fits in it.
>>
File: m27_disc_white_guard.jpg (36KB, 586x331px) Image search: [Google]
m27_disc_white_guard.jpg
36KB, 586x331px
>>33941952
Ohhh, that was one of those brass discs the Finns put in to put like serial numbers and shit on.
>>
File: side.jpg (1MB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
side.jpg
1MB, 2000x1126px
>>33942023
neat. I'm guessing the LT was some sort of capture mark?

Partial side shot in same shit lighting
>>
File: IMG_20170102_152352.jpg (1MB, 1384x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_152352.jpg
1MB, 1384x5344px
>>33941757
My great grandfather and his brother served in the Pacific, one shot the guy with the type 38, brought it home refinished it in boot polish for some reason and put a 1907 sling on it. Believe it or not breh
>>
Oh my god. You've really done it. You've made an entire thread out of
>stop liking what I don't like

I really mean it when I tell you to off yourself. But only after you've turned off your trip.
>>
>>33944258
You... actually believed that story?
Dang haha.

>>33942093
No idea what the LT means, but I bet someone on the internet does. You Googled that shit, right?
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.