[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you (and cops) shoot to stop and not to kill, why are center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hmmm.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
If you (and cops) shoot to stop and not to kill, why are center mass shots the norm and not headshots? Isn't a headshot the quickest way to put the lights out, where a center mass shot may eventually kill them but isn't as effective as stopping them in the moment?
>>
>>33919679
Try to headshot a target seven yards away. Now try to headshot a target seven yards away while the target is moving. Now make that movement unpredictable. Now make that target a threat to you, adding stress. Hitting a small target gets more difficult now, doesn't it?
>>
>>33919711
Why they don't full auto in the head direction ?
>>
>>33919679
Because getting a headshot on a moving target while your adrenaline is going into maximum overdrive mode is really hard.
It's the same shit as "why didn't they just shoot him in the knee!?"
>>
>>33919711
>target seven yards away

Most self defense shootings happen inside of 3 meters, don't they? I'm not saying it isn't a more difficult shot, but what is more likely to neutralize a threat?
>>
>>33919724
because other people could be around and it wastes a shit ton of ammo, you fucking retard.
>>
>>33919731
>>33919731
Collateral damage
>>
>>33919711
/thread
And saged for retardation
>>
>>33919728
>but what is more likely to neutralize a threat?
A bullet that actually hits them somewhere instead of misses completely.
>>
>>33919679
The way it was suggested to train was to go two to the chest and then try and attempt a headshot.

The thinking is that of course you won't hit him in the head but you are more likely to place all three to center mass if you have to readjust your shots.
>>
>why do people aim at a target that is 4x bigger than the head? I don't get it
You're retarded.
>>
>>33919743
collateral damage is something you try to prevent, tard.
>>
>>33919755
>>33919744
>shoot to stop
>aim at a place that isn't likely to stop and is more likely to kill them hours later in the hospital
>an instant incapacitating shot is too hard
Just admit you are terrible shots
>>
>>33919793
They can just dodge or be luckyer
>>
a shot to the lung is an instant incapacitating shot too.
nice b8
>>
>>33919804
Gee how the fuck does anyone even die in war if they aren't shot in the head?
>>
>>33919724
>>33919743
>>33919811
Judge detected.
>posting below this post is a seditious act punishable by a minimum sentence of five years in the Cubes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.