[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the mesh fence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Why the mesh fence with port.jpg (339KB, 1277x840px) Image search: [Google]
Why the mesh fence with port.jpg
339KB, 1277x840px
I get that the fence port is to resrict the movement of the barrel so all shots go down the designated range, but why the vision obscuirng mesh above it?
>>
If that mesh wasn't there, dum-dums would rest the barrel on top of the horizontal bar and shoot it whereever.

Normal MG ranges don't have these because you want troops training to sight in, but this looks like Japan or somewhere that restricts that, so this range is basically functional as no more than a mechanical test.
>>
>>33918976
To stop mexicans from walking in the line of fire.
>>
>>33918976

You've heard of the Fog of War before, right OP?

Well the mesh is there to simulate it.
>>
>>33918976
how about a non cunty answer?
>>
>>33919068
cunt
>>
>>33919068
Im never military. My guess is for protection from debris
>>
>>33918995

This.

A 50 cal round on that specific range hit a locals car a few years back and they subsequently had to put that stupid thing in place because of the incident.
>>
>>33919068
Wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>33919128
Link?
>>
>>33919128
>on that specific range
Ok, please do tell us all what range that is
>>
>>33918976
The mesh has a grid reference painted on it, and the target is really a game of battleship.
>>
>>33922279
Central Training Area, Okinawa, Japan
>>
It obscures the women and children that are being marched into the line of fire.

The shooter never knows the atrocities they have just committed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.