[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't know about the ultimate cqc weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: 89msg.jpg (48KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
89msg.jpg
48KB, 960x960px
>>
>>33917045
It isn't though.
>>
>>33917045
Polearms are pretty good if you're a brute. I prefer to play as a fast and sneaky rogue. Sometimes I get lucky and find a poisoned short blade so I don't need to waste blowgun darts.
>>
>>33917045
We're fighting inside a home or narrow hallway. What do you do now?
>>
>>33917268
Shoot you.
>>
File: FaceApp_1493598322596.jpg (158KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1493598322596.jpg
158KB, 630x630px
>>33917268
Stab you with my giant pointy stick.

I'm not sure you thought this through.
>>
>>33917268
burn down the home
>>
>>33917045
>cold steel shit in OP pic
>abandon thread immediately
>>
>>33917268
See that big pointy bit on top mate? Enjoy not being able to avoid it.
>>
>>33917045
>they now sell tacticool halberds

I'll buy one if the steel holds out.
>>
>>33917376
A lot of polearms historically weren't even heat treated, so even if Cold Steel didn't heat treat them, it wouldn't be entirely inaccurate.
>>
>>33917417
As long as it can take wood chopping abuse it's fine.

I'll buy it for some silly fun but don't want to get injured if the steel breaks and starts flying.
>>
File: mordaxt.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mordaxt.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>33917417
bullshit! polearms where high quality, especially halberds, but then they weren't made from paki sheet metal welded together either.
>>
File: AA066_l.jpg (163KB, 554x1607px) Image search: [Google]
AA066_l.jpg
163KB, 554x1607px
>>33917430
Citation needed.

>There has been one pole weapon examined, a 15th C. bill in the form usually described as Italian. The item was of no particular historical significance so the decision was made to bisect the piece in 8 places to learn as much as possible from the item. The construction method was a series of folding to create the form, but there does not seem to be any particular attempt to maximize any hardness of cutting areas or spikes. The carbon content was high enough to harden the item if so desired by the maker, but there is no evidence it was heat treated in any way to increase hardness and it was obviously not a goal of the smith. The cutting edges and top spike of the item are completely unhardened, registering below 8 on the Rockwell C scale.

Williams, Dr. Alan R. & J. G. O’hara, The Technology of a 16th Century Staff Weapon, JAAS Vol. IX, No 5.
>>
>>33917268
That's even better : this way you cannot be flanked.
>>
>>33917268
cut the handle to half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQiaurIiDM
>>
>>33917268
I used this argument many moons ago - also for the pole axe. And nobody understood, same here today.

/k/ is full of idiots who cannot into logic
>>
>>33917281
>Being able to recognize Cold Steel products just from a pic

Perhaps you are the one whos pretty autist about CS?
>>
>>33917268
If for some reason you can't stick him with the pointy bit, which you probably could still use in a house effectively even if it requires riding it up quite significantly, pull out your dagger.
>>
>>33917606
explain
>>
In a close quarters fight, spear beats sword 7 times out of ten

go watch some naginata vs katana sparring on youtube

you can get inside the spearmans guard but you are gonna get cut doing it
>>
>>33917575
ugh CS, at least it seems to have good heft

would use in a zombie apoc if I had no bullets
>>
File: 1435388847099.png (429KB, 960x757px) Image search: [Google]
1435388847099.png
429KB, 960x757px
>>33917045
Fuck I'm tired. My eyes were blurry, and all I saw in OP's pic was an F-111 or Mig-23 chasing some other plane whilst hard banking...

>fuck you /k/, what have you done to me.
>>
>>33917807
The solution to that is to bum-rush in and shriek like a banshee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLS1rsdO0Ak
>>
File: Schneider_halbarte.png (190KB, 772x625px) Image search: [Google]
Schneider_halbarte.png
190KB, 772x625px
>>33917479
Thats one shit billhook then!
I recommend to read the article "Zur Fabrikation der Halmbarte" by Hugo Schneider, published in Journal of Swiss archeology and art history, 1959, Nr. 19.
He clearly shows the construction with higher quality steel used for edges.
>>
>>33917919
Here: http://www.e-periodica.ch/digbib/view?var=true&pid=zak-003:1959:19::393#82
even found you an online version
>>
>>
File: sflynt_polearms002_s.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
sflynt_polearms002_s.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>inferior poleaxe
>not superior polehammer for nobleman removal instead
Seize the means of production of crops

>>33917268
Poke him with the pointy part that isn't used to arched attacks.
>>
>>33917948
Interesting. (Shitty website though).
Makes sense; quite surprising really how much work they put into it. Maybe the billhook they examined was the medieval equivalent of a wallhanger.
>>
>>33919063
You got lucky mate, I just met Jörg A. Meier, he is the successor of Hugo Schneider and a famous curator and expert for antique weapons himself. I discussed the matter with him, he said you are likely right, because a good deal of Italian billhooks from the 16th and 17th century are indeed neither hardened nor do they have wekded on steel edges, likely because it was post anti armor use and they mainly cut the horses with it.
In other words, you win the argument, lucky bastard!
>>
>>33918498
But mate, the polehammer was the weapon of the nobles, who could be bedecked in heavy plate and thus get closer to their opponents and require less strict adherence to formation fighting (not that the noblemen didn't fight in formations, it's just that they had a bit more independence than just an average halberdier or pikeman.
>>
>>33917987
I understood this reference.
>>
File: cowabunga.png (3MB, 1448x958px) Image search: [Google]
cowabunga.png
3MB, 1448x958px
>>33917045
>Party's escaping from an elder Red Dragon who is breaking free of our control spell
>Only way out is through a portal we're desperately trying to activate
>We finally use the right combination of runes, portal burps to life just as the dragon frees himself
>Rogue, Monk, Blood Hunter, and Bard bolt through the portal quick as they can
>I hook my halberd's hook on the top of the stone archway holding the portal and Tarzan swing my way in
>Portal closes just as I make it through, cutting my halberd in half and leaving the business end with the dragon.
>tfw
>>
>>33917282
You say that, but in the end they used knives and clubs in trench warfare over bayonets because extra reach is not that beneficial when you don't have free movement.
>>
>>33917045

>>
>>33923739
Trench warfare is a bit different than house to house fighting. It's even more constrained and you're likely to be jumping into the trench right on top of someone. It all devolves into a grappling mess. However, in a house, there's likely far more room to move around in, and the corners are not necessarily so tight.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.