[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian 7n21 45,000 psi 9mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (40KB, 602x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 602x343px
How the hell can they get away with 45,000 psi from a 9mm?
It's like 124 grains at 1500 fps and from a polyshit pistol nonetheless.

But damn do I want this ammo, too bad about the cucked laws regarding AP ammo.
>>
>>33916828
Slav magic
>>
>>33916828
where are you getting these numbers from? show me an uncut video comparing 7Nxx to 9mmNATO on the same chrono
>>
>>33917103
It's an 82gr bullet for the 7n21 and a 65gr bullet for the 7n31 going by Modernfirearms.net's figures. I'm inclined to believe it with a 42kpsi loading.

OP, they get away with it because modern materials science has advanced since the 9mm was invented.
>>
>>33916828
>Opens SAAMI pressure guide to page 17
9mm +P can max sample at over 41k. So it's not unthinkable that a +P+ can max sample at 45k.
That being said, most +P+ rounds of exceptionally high pressure are designed for submachine guns, not pistols. Polymer pistols are actually better at using higher recoiling cartridges, though, as the frame will flex instead of stress, trying to retain rigidity. Still, pressure is only really relevant to the case, chamber, and barrel strength. If you have those covered, you're golden.
>>
>>33916828
>Buy CNC lathe
>????
>profit
>Federal prison
>>
>>33916828
https://youtu.be/fyNv885II1c?t=47
>>
>>33917328
>OP, they get away with it because modern materials science has advanced since the
>current meme
>was invented

Insert anything in the place of "current meme" and you have the answer to basically every question on /k/
>>
making AP pistol cartridges isnt't that complicated

you need a tungsten or hard steel penetrator and a fast bullet

and you get the bullets flying fast by making them really light

the bigger bullet diameter the easier the homemade stuff...
making DIY AP 45ACP bullets is really easy with a drill press and some tungsten bits...
>>
>>33917328
>how did these slavs achieve this Farley novel feat?
>future and shit, you knoe, current year
>>
>>33917353
I think hot as fuck 9mm SMG rounds date back to WWII, atleast I recall being told that some ammunition intended for use with SMGs is not safe to use in an average handgun
>>
>>33916828
they designed guns to shoot those rounds. its not like you could load that into a luger or hi power and not expect it to blow up
>>
>>33917385
One of the Israeli surplus police pistols I have is notable for it's thickened barrels and slide walls to handle the stouter 9mm in use bu their military and police smgs.
>>
>>33917377
Not op but AP is good for penetrating armor so how do we make it deadly after the punch through and against soft targets instead of a pencil puncture wound.
>>
>>33916828
So, they basically copypasted 9x21 and added a steel case?
>>
>>33919175
you don't

AP only works with fast small penetrators

if you want expansion you can't have AP capabilities
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.