[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reusable MRE heater?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

/c/k//
So I've been experimenting with making my own MREs (not for long term storage mind you, just stuff I can throw in the car for a few weeks at a time), but I was trying to think of a way to heat them up in lieu of a microwave that doesn't involve buying bulk MRE heaters.
I know they make reusable gel hand warmers, is there anything like a reusable MRE heater?
I was thinking of maybe using pic related. Would that work?
>>
>>33916690
Esbit tablets are cheap and plentiful.

Get a consumer grade stove (or military if you want to be a LARPing faggot) and just do that.
>>
>>33916690
iirc the zippo heaters only get like . . . 120f or so in direct contact with the case and require fluid to refill so I dont see how its superior to anything else.
>>
>>33916690
How does that thing even work?
>>
>>33916690
this wouldnt be hot enough, its made to warm your hands after all.
>>
>>33916817
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_heater
>>
>>33916817
>fill the inside cotton with lighter fluid
>cover with catalytic burner
>light with lighter or match for ten seconds
>burner snuffs out the flame but continues to slowly burn the rest of the lighter fluid at low temperature for 6-12 hours
>>
>>33916690
Pic related would not work as it is a hand warmer
Get an esbit stove, they are cheap and so is their fuel
>>
>>33916690
MRE's don't have to be heated to be eated. All the main "entrees" are safe to eat cold

like someone above said though having some hex tabs works wonders. The only problem is they stink like piss

i'd suggest a multi fuel stove for camping and whatnot unless your one of those zombie apocalypse kids in which case some vinegar and bleach makes great heating fluid but only indoors with no ventilation
>>
Sternos?

If you had a working cigarette lighter in your car you would be able to light them.
>>
>>33917073
>hex tabs
shit, never heard of these. thanks anon! theyd be perfect. or should i say...
>Nice
>>
>>33916690
It runs on lighter fluid. So buy or make a stove that burns lighter fluid, alcohol, gaseous fuel, or twigs/charcoal.
>>
>>33916690

I personally use a gas stove like a jetboil
>>
>>33917245
Trioxane too. Stuff is old, but still gets the job done.
>>
Why not use a Trangia like a normal person?
>>
>>33917934
this
>>
Can you buy the heaters they put in real MREs individually?
>>
Hexi cooker dude.
>>
Make a fire or buy a small alcohol burner
>>
>>33919460
Absolutely.
>>
File: sad.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
I made a thread similar to this a couple days ago and the mods deleted it with a warning saying that "this topic is not weapons or military related." :(
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.