[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many people throwing their guns away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: RUSSELL-guns1.png (45KB, 616x387px) Image search: [Google]
RUSSELL-guns1.png
45KB, 616x387px
Why are so many people throwing their guns away?
>>
>>33913992
>Republican
>1% decrease

Ok.
>>
>>33914015
5%
>>
>>33913992
Why would I tell anyone that I own guns?
>>
>>33913992
>admitting you own guns
>the current year
>ish shiggity diggity do.
I have over 40 fire arms, only /k/ knows this.
>>
>>33913992
>implying the people who lived in the US during 1973 are the same people who live in the US today

This isn't a case of people throwing their guns away, it's a case of Democrats not purchasing guns as they become of age
>>
Fewer armed lefties is fine by me. It will make things easier on the inevitable Day of the Rope.
>>
>>33914053
I'd bet money the decrease is mostly due to this.
>>
>>33913992

Democrats tend to cluster in cities, where gun culture isn't as significant, but self defense is possibly more important. As cities become generally safer, self defense is increasingly unimportant.
>>
>>33914060
I'm so paranoid I made sure the government knows nothing about how many firearms I have.
>>
>>33914093
Cities aren't becoming safer though.

Crime rates in dense cities has been rising, counter to the rest of the country.

I think it is possible however that this "General Social Survey" conducted by "The Monkey Cage" might not be meaningful or accurate.
>>
>Trusting people to report accurately about owning guns to pollsters.
>>
>>33914169
>>33914060
>thinking the Clinton/Obama supporters have spontaneously decided to stop talking about how many guns they own
Why would they?
>>
>>33913992
>sorry unpaid college intern conducting survey, but I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident
>>
>>33914127
And now they know
>>
>>33914127
I'm a cuck fag, the gov knows I own 3 stamps. Because I have a good life and too much a pussy to skip NFA.
A few years ago I stopped buying from dealers even with just 1 speeding ticket in my life, I just don't want gov knowing. But... I need my cans I'm going deaf.
>>
>>33913992
Surveys are worthless. Something the last election should have taught everyone. Anyway, a better indicator is looking at the number of new ccw permits are issued and those are on the rise anywhere that has them.
>>
>>33913992
I don't think people are getting rid of guns. I think it's population growth along with some people
that aren't buying guns so the percentage decreases.
>>
>>33914404
That and gun purchases.

I dont see how anyone could believe this survey after the huge spike in sales in the late 2000's
>>
>>33914419
Gun purchases are good too, but libs always say it's the same people buying guns rather than new owners.
>>
>>33914061

>it's a case of Democrats not purchasing guns as they become of age

It's more like a case of millions of "democrat" votes being imported to create an artificial shift in voter demographics.
>>
>>33914028
Where did you learn how to read a chart??
>>
>>33913992
No one is throwing their guns away. Less people are answering truthfully when surveyed, and more recently born democrats aren't buying guns.
>>
>>33914631
Where did you?
54% is the initial Republican
50% is initial independent
>>
>>33913992
A better question would probably be how many gun-owning Democrats have become Independent or Republican?
>>
File: murder_rate.jpg (49KB, 786x442px) Image search: [Google]
murder_rate.jpg
49KB, 786x442px
>>33914142
> Crime rates in dense cities has been rising

The people living in the areas most likely to be hit by violent crime are also the least likely to own the gun. Probably not much of a point of concern for most gun owners in the 'burbs and and the country.
>>
>>33913992
My first thought is the shift in the number of people living in rural areas to the cities, particularly to gated suburbs and gentrified city centers where personal security is a lower priority.

/k/, myself included, is probably a bad place to ask for rationale on why someone would not carry a gun though.
>>
>>33914063
I'll take your bet and say it's because of a massive increase in population coinciding with inflation and recent economic recessions.
>>
>>33915511
More than anything else probably just money issues. Less money, less pew-pew.
>>
>>33914028
U are dumb
>>
>>33913992
America has basically been split into what might as well be two different countries.

This culture war is represented through our politics.
>>
>>33914053
Right after Sandy Hook, I recall Pew or Gallup or some big outfit did a nationwide phone poll on gun ownership. Turns out 49% of the respondents admitted that there was a firearm in the house, instead of saying NO NSA THERE ARE NO GUNS HERE NSA GOODBYE NSA and slamming the phone down.

Which doesn't translate to 49% gun ownership, just 49% of families with gun owners *in* them. But yeah. Your scenario stands. There are a lot of people out there going dark on guns -- and that's not all they're keeping mum about.
>>
>>33916725
Good thing we're the ones who are armed.
>>
>>33914169
this

>>33916725
>>33914062
>>33914529
>/pol/fuck detected
>>
>>33916765
This honestly comforts me. The dark side of humanity can inspire bloodshed the likes of which haven't been seen in North America since the time of the Aztecs, but as long as we're armed we'll never see the worst of it.

Just look at all the shit the poor bastards in Eastern Europe had to endure during the last century. Never in America.
>>
>>33913992
>not accounting for population growth
>>
>>33916769
>pointing out the obvious culture war and how it's completely partisan-ized and polarized US politics is /pol/

Okay.
>>
>>33916819
Only /pol/ looks at graphs like that and notices a trend! That downward democrat line is pure coincidence, it means nothing!
>>
>>33916769
Hey CTR, didn't know you were still paid to shill. Clinton treating you well still?
>>
>>33916769
Stop false flagging you are obvious
>>
>>33913992
dems are because they're becoming senile and replaced by millenials who've never touched an evil firearm because they have no self-control and would hurt somebody.

The republican % is not large enough to be scientifically significant.

That can simply be a couple percent who don't tell phone pollsters about their guns and don't give their info to websites (both smart, after that time when the democrat-run-media published the names and addresses of gun-owners homes)

Also, more girls and wives becoming Republican as the democratic party fails spectacularly means many new republicans who don't all "own guns" since their husband bought plenty already. Without knowing the percentage of republican HOUSEHOLDS that own guns, even that initial graph is fucked.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.