[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HK factory in the USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: HKsuck.jpg (25KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
HKsuck.jpg
25KB, 480x384px
A few days ago HK started to build a factory in Georgia. This very likely means that they will build all the funs that we've been wanting to have. Probably new MP5's, G36's, shit even a civilian MP7 with an arm brace could be built and sold here. Don't get me wrong, it will all be overpriced, but atleast we will have the opportunity to buy them.
>>
>>33913123
Just out of curiosity, have they actually purchased ground an shit yet?

I'm still waiting on my Radom made shit.
All I wanted was a fucking good American manufactured AK.
>>
>>33913123
No way you're getting G36's, MP7s won't sell here unless it's in some shit like 9mm and the only think even 25% likely would be an MP5. Guaranteed to be a shit because 'muh usa'
>>
how many years until we get some stuff
>>
All you're getting is American-made P30s and/or VP9s. Learn to abandon hope before it lets you down.
>>
They are building a factory since marines are getting more hk guns.

You'll probably get the newer mr556 and 762. Possibly the civvie g36. And theyll bw shitty versions of the euro guns, since hkusa is the worst possibly managed subsidiary in tge history of guns
>>
>>33913160
The MP7 thing you said makes sense, but seriously, no G36? Why the fuck not? It makes sense that they would sell the G36 here.
>>
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/03/heckler-koch-building-us-factory-georgia/
Here's the article about it, it even links it to the original German article Incase you want even more info about it.
>>
>>33913200
I know HK hates us, but there's a good chance something cool is going to happen here.
>>
I would cum buckets if they just made a USP with a pic rail
>>
>>33913123
Doesn't HK already have a factory in Georgia?
On my hk45c it says "Heckler & Kock Inc. Columbus GA Made in USA."
>>
>>33913278
They might just be making handguns. They don't want to make cool firearms like an MP5 or G36. HK is afraid of making a lot of money.
>>
>>33913141
Apparently so.
>>
>>33913274
Isn't is possible to get some type of aftermarket accessory for it?
>>
>>33913425
Yeah but it's shit
>>
>>33913123
>Probably new MP5's

Lolno.

You'll be lucky if they just assemble German kits.
>>
>>33913123
Expect a bunch of "MIL/LEO USE ONLY" firearms.

If we end up getting anything cool, we'll all be pleasantly surprised. But I'm not holding my breath for HK.
>>
>>33913205
Lol, you idiot. They scrapped the g436, or whatever it was called, project because they went bankrupt. You'll see pistols being made like a p7 before you see a g36 stateside
>>
>>33913624
the plant is being built solely to satisfy demand for civilian firearms and will not produce military/LEO guns
>>
>>33913628
Wow, I wasn't aware. Well, that's what they get for acting too late. Kek
>>
>>33913628
That's likely true, but a G36 will bring them much profit. That's Hollywood's "cool gun".
>>
Why is the semi auto MP5 so goddamn expensive? Is it really that much better than a 9mm AR, a scorpion, or that sig 9mm service I can't think of?
>>
>>33913123
You know what's really gay is the fact they're just doing it so they can lower the price of production for themselves while touting it as some MADE IN MURICA specialty tag to charge us a time and a half markup. Probably without a magazine included, too. And the magazines will be 150 a piece for MP5s.
>>
>>33914815
I think you're overdoing the greedyness of HK. Selling a gun without a magazine? C'mon now.
>>
>>33914940
This is the same company that won't put the flapper release on the magwells but wants 70 bucks for the parts to convert it to one.
>>
>>33913123
>Probably new MP5's, G36's, shit even a civilian MP7

lmfao they already made it clear on their facebook that none of that will happen (yes they're that frank about it). You'll literally never get a civilian mp7 or g36 in the American market.

Ask about the mp5 and they'll point you over to the SP5K.

why set yourself up for disappointment? Also chrome lined mr556a1 will NEVER happen.
>>
>>33914998
Oh shit, that is greedy.
>>
>>33913634
You sure about that though?
>>
>>33914704
Because of its legacy. But there are companies that make MP5 clones exactly like HK, but for a much more affordable price. POF and Zenith are good examples from what I have heard. There are other companies though.
>>
>>33915057
If you can remember, what were their exact words? Also, how long ago was this? Things could change over time...
>>
SL7s and P9s when?
>>
File: NO MP7 FOR HK HATERS.png (35KB, 334x408px) Image search: [Google]
NO MP7 FOR HK HATERS.png
35KB, 334x408px
>>33915233
Here's HK USA's most recent facebook comments on this matter- this is from January of this year.

This conversation was taken from the comments section on an MP7 video they posted, and obviously 90% of the comments will be folks demanding that they bring civilian versions to market. When they DO respond to these types of questions, they've consistently said no/never. I can a lot find more examples but I'm too lazy to dig through the thousands of posts on the HK page.

Unless HK management has a sudden change of heart, it is safe to say that this factory has nothing to do with bringing the fun guns into the American market. I'd love them to death if that were to happen, but the chances are pretty much ZERO.
>>
>>33915471
Well I guess I can see why the MP7 would be more of a pain to bring to the US. They should really consider the G36, but until then, we suck, and they hate us.
>>
>>33913141
They would have to in order to build a factory you retard
>>
>>33915471
It doesn't sound like they are opposed to it. If they can legally produce it here it sounds like it might happen.
>>
>>33915645
Idk though, HK just likes making the civilian market miserable, despite the civilian market wanting to give HK their money. Maybe it's a marketing technique. "You want this? Well you can't have it!" This will make people want it even more. Kind of how when Eric Cartman told people that they couldn't go to his amusement park.
>>
>>33915675
Honestly if they did that it would be genius on their part. The amount of firearms they would sell once they started producing rare shit like mp7s and mp5s would be insane. It's not like they're hurting for cash either; they have plenty of .mil contracts to keep them going for years to come.
>>
>>33915698
Well according to one guy on here, HK went bankrupt recently. But yeah, it would be a good idea.
>>
>>33915731
If that's true the odds are even more in our favor. Catering to the American civilian market would make for one hell of a comeback for HK.
>>
The issue is that the German government has final say in all arms exports including intellectual property and they are anti gun fucks. HK can't even export how to build a gun without permission and jumping through a bunch of hoops.
>>
>>33913123
Friendly reminder that the new factory is simply a consolidation of their US operations into a single area in Columbus.
The 'new' factory is simply the New Hampshire facility moved down south.
The only thing it will produce are HK45, HK45c, MR556, and MR762
>>
>>33913628

The civi G36 is currently being sold in European markets, it's just not being sold here.
>>
>>33915675
That's pretty much Nintendo's business model since the wii
>a million people want one
>We'll manufacture 12
>>
>>33915853
European civilian markets? So you're telling me that not all European countries are completely cucked? What countries in Europe allow citizens to buy a G36???
>>
>>33913581
lol wrongo

It is an inconvenience, but the GG&G adapter is top tier quality.
>>
File: b49.jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.jpg
36KB, 680x680px
>>33915850
Nooo, you're lying. Get out!
>>
File: opr8tor1.jpg (3MB, 2761x3655px) Image search: [Google]
opr8tor1.jpg
3MB, 2761x3655px
>>33913581
>>
>>33914998
>>33915154

They won't put the lever release on for US models because they are retained by the front take down pin assembly, which the ATF considers to be a machine gun because reasons. No take down pin and no lever was the configuration that got approved for import. Would take years to get another version approved.
>>
>>33915886
Nope :^) you can call HK USA yourself and ask. At first the guy was reluctant but I buttered him up a bit.
Granted, it doesn't mean there can't be other things as well.
>>
>>33915864

You can get them in Germany. Also pretty much any ex-Warsaw pact EU Country. I know ipscstore.eu in Estonia sells them.
>>
>muh HK hates us
Reminder that HK was the only company to fight the AWB.
>>
>>33915949
Are there magazine restrictions? Is it a pain in the ass to get? Also it's funny how you mentioned ex-Warsaw countries having looser gun laws, yet they were at one point super communist. It's interesting. I wonder how hard it is to get a firearm there.
>>
>>33914998
>>33915154

They can't legally put flapper releases on the mp5 pistols because it is considered a "feature of a weapon of war" by German arms export law you retards.

The whole HK hate civilians shit is retarded, They were THE only ones fighting against the 89 import ban and the 94 AWB
>>
>>33913634
Civilian HK433 when? My dick will tear a hole though my pants if this happens.
>>
>>33915829
So Germany are the fun police.
>>
>>33916001

It really varies a lot from country to country. Those ex-warsaw places tend to be far better than most though.

It's typically something like:

Do some paperwork, sometimes get a psych/doctor sign off, take a written test, sometimes a shooting/handling hands on test, buy guns. Some have storage laws, max stored ammo at home laws, etc. Not a lot of mag cap limits that I've been able to learn about, sometimes not even major restrictions on full auto.
>>
File: IMG_2511.png (317KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2511.png
317KB, 600x1000px
What if HKusa made another production run of the G11? How much would they make from the gun and it's proprietary ammo?
>>
>>33915901
Interesting. So if they made it here, they could? I like.

>>33916437
You can't be serious.
They wouldn't make much, and would probably take a loss tooling up to make space magic kraut clockwork and its razzle-dazzle giant hassle ammo.

Cost to consumers would be extraordinary, they'd get no .mil contracts because of the outdated nature of the design (no modularity) and lack of any kind of standardized parts.

To make it for civilians, they would have to manufacture a semi-auto version, which halfway defeats the purpose of the burst-o-matic no-recoil waffenbrick in the first place. Plus the expense to do so would jack up the price even more, making it cost as much as sending something into low earth orbit.

I love it too, but piggy ain't coming back.
>>
>>33915698
MP5s aren't rare, just really expensive and have to have a 200 dollar stamp and a couple month wait time in the meanwhile to be not stupid.

I don't see an American factory changing that, if anything they'd just focus on pistols
>>
>>33915731
>>33915772
I was wrong, they were sold according to rumor
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/22/rumor-hk-usa-sold/
>>
>>33915556
>radom announces they're building a factory, haven't bought land yet, never buys land, never builds factory

You don't have to have land to SAY you're building a factory, just to actually build it.
>>
>>33916307
Oh wow, if they allow full auto and SBRs without much restrictions, then that country is already freer than Murica.
>>
>>33917142
If they made an announcement about it, then they'll buy it.
>>
>>33916602
That's for a full-auto one. And it'll be thousands of dollars. Atleast 10k. You could get lucky at a government auction and get some under 10k. There was this one guy who got a full auto Mini14 for 5k at a government auction.
>>
>>33915675
How many people saying they would buy a mp7 pistol would actually buy one? The got to make more tooling, bring it over, set up a plant, set up another facility to make 4.6x30 which is probably gonna make 5.7 look cheap. And probably cost several thousand dollars?
>>
>>33918566
If you can save up money to buy a used car for several thousand, then buying an MP7 is feasible.
>>
new
p
7s
>>
>>33915206
>POF and Zenith
Even those are still way overpriced for what you're getting
>>
>>33918983
True, but cheaper than an original HK.
>>
>>33913123
>MP7
I don't even care!
>P7
It's empty my wallet! Time!
>>
>>33915929
how do u butter someone up
>>
File: 1437106745626.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1437106745626.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>33918483
>If they made an announcement about it, then they'll buy it
Now they probably won't, just to spite you
>>
>>33919359
Why is the P7 so good and how does that trigger click safety thing work?
>>
>>33923563
>why is it so good
Without going into specific details that would make me want to tell you to go to Wikipedia, it was a gun given the maximum budget to make a duty subcompact. It has a little bit of both worlds going on, a (not quite so much any more) super-slim tack-driver with a pretty long barrel for a subby in a compact, hardy package.
>>33923563
>trigger click safety
It's a grip safety, it pulls back the primer so it can be slammed forward. It's just an actually decent grip safety because, unlike a palm one, you actually will squeeze a gun with your fingers hard every single time no matter how you grip.
>>
>>33924140
I saw something about how you have to click the trigger to ready it? It was a while ago so I may be wrong as fuck.
>>
>>33924748
No, that's a hipster target gun thing.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.