[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conceal Carry advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

I own a SW Shield 9mm with the external safety for conceal carry (poorfag, but I digress). It's not my first gun but my first pistol.

I was hoping to read some thoughtful insight on if you personally should carry one round in the chamber with safety on or not while carrying.

On one hand, it would make me feel a little more assured on the cheaper gun that the safety wasn't the only thing potentially stopping a ND. But on the other hand, in a life or death situation, pulling down the safety and pulling back the slide could cost me valuable seconds.

What say you, /k/? and thank you in advance.
>>
>>33912935

If you think you'll always have both your hands available in a life-or-death violent encounter, you're a moron. Carry chambered.
>>
>>33912935
chambered with safety on. if you practice drawing it won't slow you down and frankly it is safer than cocked and locked with nothing but a long trigger pull preventing a ND.
>>
all modern pistols have firing pin blocks. Gun don't go bang unless trigger pulled all the way back.
>>
>>33912935

chambered/no safety/good holster
>>
>>33912950
Good point
>>
Carry with a round in the chamber dude. I remember I was really sketched out by it at first, so my first day CCing I put a dummy round in the chamber (wasn't walking around dangerous areas or anything, so it's not likely that I'd have to use it) and walked around for a day. Once I realized how impossible it was for the trigger to be manipulated without me being a dumbass and doing it myself, I started carrying chambered and didn't look back.
>>
>>33912935
If the gun goes off without pulling the trigger, that is not a negligent discharge or ND, bc there would be no negligence on your part. You do not need to worry about that whatsoever with any modern production pistol a licensed firearm dealer will sell you, much less a S&W product.

Imo if you are not confident enough to carry with a round in the chamber you will likely not have the skill, mindset or wherewithal to even use the pistol defensively if you ever needed to.

Train until you're confident enough to carry properly.
>>
>>33913372
Thank you, I talked to my friend who is a long time gun owner and he suggested I take a gun safety course/conceal carry course to alleviate any concerns I may have.
>>
>>33912935
carry condition 1 is based. you can switch your safety off as you draw with one hand, and you avoid glock-legging yourself as you carry.

drawing and cocking doesn't lose a lot of time IF YOU PRACTICE FOR THAT SCENARIO. the key here is to pick a carry condition and practice with it until it becomes second nature
>>
>>33912935
Carry +1
I do and I'm not a complete loser
>>
>>33913779
Maybe for a 1911 condition 1 is based.

In my years of experience in the pistol self defense and competitive shooting world i couldnt tell you how many times i have seen someone draw to dire with no bang then realize safety is on. I've seen it dozens of times.

How many times do you think I have seen someone carrying condition zero with a proper pistol made to carry condition zero shoot themselves?
That's right, never.
>>
>>33914021
your anecdotes don't mean shit
>>
>>33914055
You saying my anecdotes don't mean shit also doesn't mean shit either. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>33912959
>chambered with safety on is safer than cocked and locked
what did he mean by this?
that a striker gun with safety on is safer than a hammer gun with safety on?
or did you mean to say it's safer than a DA first shot?
>>
>>33912935
Someone post the video from a few months ago where the guy's store is getting robbed but he had to chamber a round when he draws. It ends badly
>>
Thinking about grabbing one of these shields. I need a CC piece and they're super cheap right now, brownells had them for $220 after rebate.

Is it worth getting? I'm not a huge striker or polymer guy but I'm willing to give it a try.
>>
>>33914227
https://youtu.be/0FXHVjXPtJk

Ignore the autist commentator
>>
File: nigerian space progrma.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nigerian space progrma.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>33912935
Please man the fuck up and carry with a full magazine and one in the chamber. The only reasons not to are directly related to faggotry and shitty/unsafe guns. Practice with your weapon, use a quality holster, and don't be a retard. Its that simple

>>33913978
And listen to this guy OP , he's not a complete loser

>pic unrelated
>>
>>33914232
it is decent
factory sights already that much better than glock factory sights
trigger sucks ass, but it's a pretty slim gun. nice to carry
>>
WTF is up with all these threads? Can we just get a sticky saying yes keep one in the chamber?
>>
>>33914587
this
>>
>>33913586

Be careful. Some of those classes are ran by retards.
>>
>>33914535

Expect its not that uncommon for the front sight dot to pop out.
>>
>>33912935
if youre a poorfag, fuck a good holster. you're not gonna throw the holster at the asshole who jumps you. hell, get a cheap pocket holster, a safety with lots of practice taking it off when you draw, and there you go
>>
>>33914622
Cheap holsters come out with the gun. This will get you killed.
>>
Grab a revolver if you're not going to practice all the time. Most CCW encounters are going to be 1-3 rounds rather than an extended firefight and it'll still work wonders for you even if the guy is up in your face. You won't get an adrenaline rush and forget to remove the safety when all you've got to do is pull the trigger.
>>
>>33914917
Too many 16rd glocks going around to make a revolver useful these days
>>
>>33915156
This.
>>
>>33914196
He doesn't know what SAO is.

>>33914622
I hope you're joking.

Get a good holster that fits right, carry chambered, train with the safety like your life depends on it. If the safety doesn't work on it (the Shield safeties suck) just leave it off when you carry. The good holster negates the risk of ND's from bad draws and material getting trapped in the trigger.
>>
>>33915156
You're legally responsible for every round you shoot, so unless you plan to empty some mags at the range I don't see that being any sort of huge benefit.
>>
>>33914232
Get a ruger lc9s pro...no safety no mag disconnect...very good trigger...slimmer than the shield. I love mine.
>>
>>33912935
takes literally a second to chamber a round - don't put one in the chamber when carrying too much can go wrong. Ask that football player in NY who accidentally shot himself and went to jail what a spectacular idea that is.
>>
>>33912935
One in the chamber, safety on.

Here's why.

If you need to draw a gun, you need to draw it NOW. Because of that, you need a pill in the tube before hand. It's basic common sense.

And as for the safety, keep it on. Why? Because if you carry a gun with a manual safety, you must assume that it is on when you pull the firearm. Because that one time it engages when you think it's not could easily enough be the time you draw the firearm to protect yourself.

Train with it, practice drawing and sliding the safety with your thumb. I have a Shield with a thumb safety as well, and this is what I do. Practice practice practice.
>>
>>33914161
Wrong, he is factually 100% technically correct (best kind of correct) your anecdotes don't mean shit.
>>
Damn, that's a small safety!
Carry it hot (one in chamber) and safety ON, just because your gun has a safety. Or just carry safety off but practice swiping the safety off anyways when you draw it, so you make 100% sure the safety did not come on accidentally.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.