[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunbroker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: GB-LogoTag-1200x950.png (369KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
GB-LogoTag-1200x950.png
369KB, 1200x950px
I'm sure some of /k/ has used this site. Any thoughts on previous purchases? I'm thinking of buying an SKS, and am very hesitant because of all the bad reviews that follow a google search.
>>
>>33910449
I tryed to sell sheths on there did not sell I dont recomend it
>>
>>33910462
Don't recommend to sell, or buy? or both?
>>
>>33910449
Ugh.

I actually had a thread made for gunbroker shit earlier.
I'm currently dealing with the fallout of a dickhead being very...well, not understanding in the slightest.

You'll either have a really fucking good experience or it's hell but there's really no in between.
I bought a Gewehr '88 and it was excellent.
Shipping was fast, customer service was excellent.
But if you fuck up, not even god can help you apparently. Be VERY careful about accidentally clicking buttons (I'd reccomend not browsing it via mobile because of this)
>>
>>33910862
You have to be a dumbass of the highest order to """accidentally""" hit buy it now and then confirm the purchase.

OP gunbroker is fine. Just do your research and don't get caught in a bidding war.
>>
>>33910862
>>33910921
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>33910921
Browsing via mobile.
Tapped the screen to scroll down.
"Where do you want to ship it to?"

And it's down hill from there.
The second time I quite literally sat on it and butt ordered something.
>>
>>33910449

The site works fine. If you're not an absolute retard, you should should have a reasonable experience.

Occasionally you'll deal with a bad seller/buyer, but that is most definitely the exception rather than the rule.

>>33911030
Why do I have trouble believing that an auction site on mobile could be so easy to misuse?

What was the thing your ass ordered?
>>
>>33911081
The first time, as stated, was scrolling and I accidentally clicked the button (something I frequently do is hit that accursed help button; it pisses me off and this time it fucked me over)
I decided to apologise and ask that the order be cancelled, as I didn't have the cash for what it was right then.

The second time I was drooling over the same thing and I sat my phone down to go get a drink.
I forgot about it, sat down (I was tired at the time) and then felt a buzz.
It was an email, but the screen was still on the "where would you like it sent" screen.

I, again, asked the order be cancelled.

I didn't have $500ish for an FAL kit at that point (this is the Arizona response systems kits from enterprise)

I had been watching them for about a month and checke die them daily to make sure I didn't miss out.
I did eventually get the cash together and ordered one, getting the money order out the door the next day (It was a Sunday when I ordered my kit)

Now, I'd like to point something out.
I only got him claiming I was a problem AFTER I ordered my kit, almost a week and a half AFTER the last time I butt ordered a kit.
>>
>>33910449

I've bought all my guns off of gunbroker and it's probably the best gun auction site and the most secure(no weird third party escrow shit). Everything is still overpriced but occasionally a deal appears.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170509-162508.png (79KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170509-162508.png
79KB, 1080x1920px
>>33911030
I have the same fucking app and use Buy it Now all the fucking time. You have to confirm the purchase. You are taken to a separate screen that looks just like pic related. Your story is bullshit.
>>
>>33911254
Huh.
Never used the app.
Wether you believe me or not I got fucked over.
It wasn't ARS's fault.
It was mine.
But it was an accident, and I'm kinda pissed that accident or not I'm still probably gonna get my account suspended.
>>
>>33910921
My 2 year old was playing with my phone, opened the eBay app and purchased a $60,000 Shelby gt500 in Dallas (I'm in VA). Didn't even know it happened until I was notified about the invoice for the $500 deposit. Luckily eBay and the seller were very understanding.
>>
If someone is selling a gun and the bidding starts at one penny and nobody has bid. If I bid lets say $5 and then nobody else bids do I get the gun for $5? Or do people do exactly what I do during the last 15 minutes and it keeps going up? can't sellers be burned by this?
>>
>>33912533
They do that.
>>
>>33912563

What does that mean? English isn't my first language.
>>
>>33912533
Just like ebay they can also set a minimum price for the gun that you cannot always see "reserve price"
>>
>>33912573
In the USA we wait until last minute because we all like cheap shit.
>>
>>33912533
depends on if theres a reserve. if there is, it wont sell for under what the seller wants.
if theres no reserve, like a penny auction, usually there are enough people interested to get the price up. most sellers arent stupid, they wont do a no reserve item unless theyre confident they can atleast get close to what they want out of it.
last but not least, in a scenario where theres no reserve and the gun sells for some ridiculously low amount, like $5, the seller will probably close the auction. it sucks but they can just put in a little disclaimer like "seller reserves the right to end the auction at any time". i dont even think a disclaimer is necessary though. this last scenario doesnt happen too often i think, but it does happen.

all in all, gb can be a great place to buy guns. just make sure to buy from a reputable seller with good feedback, understand the terms of the listing, and make sure you look at the pictures very closely so you know what youre getting.
>>
>>33912609

ah thanks.

>>33912596
hahaha.
>>
Is there a particular reason you want to get your SKS from Gunbroker instead of elsewhere?
>>
>>33910449
It all depends on the person. That made the listing, though it does piss me off that they don't tell you what the minimum bid they will accept is.
>>
>>33910449
I spend a good 10k a month on GunBroker and have never had a problem. Just like ebay, always check the sellers ratings. I never go for something I can't use credit card for since I'm not too sure how money orders can be protected.
>>
>>33910921
My problem is i usually get drunk and buy a bunch of shit from there
>>
>>33912869
Money orders are made out to a specific person, like a cheque, and you have a matching receipt. If the guy says he didn't get it, you cancel it and get a refund.
>>
File: pissy bitch.png (13KB, 796x165px) Image search: [Google]
pissy bitch.png
13KB, 796x165px
>>33910449
sometimes sellers get pissy if you don't stroke their ego enough
>>
>>33911280
Good. You're apparently too dumb to be on the site. You lying ass.
>>
>>33915077
I would order a bunch of pizzas and sandwiches delivered from several different establishments to his address. what a prick
>>
>>33910449

>Any thoughts on previous purchases?

it's hit or miss like buying anything else. on some occasions I snag a deal and on others I overpaid because I got overhyped for the gun.

just keep within a hype expectation and don't overbid. the website is great since you can buy damn near anything on gunbroker while local stores usually miss a large amount of firearms.
>>
>>33915077
>>33916415

It does fuck up their rating though; no one's gonna buy from the B+ guy.
>>
>>33916506
I gave him a fucking A. I don't even recall at the time if I specifically avoided going with an A+ or if I even knew A+ was an option.
>>
I used the mobile app on my iPhone 2 to browse while taking a shit. Saw a ma deuce while I was dropping a deuce. I ran out of toilet paper, go back to the bathroom after thirty minutes at Walmart and wouldn't you know it MY FUCKING DOG ordered the damn thing buy it now and who's stuck with the bill?
>>
is there a list of states and places to never ship to? i wanna sell some guns on gunbroker but i'm not sure where i can and cant ship handguns and 30 round mags and stuff
>>
>>33917438
also when i ship a gun do i have to take it to an ffl and have them ship it or do i just ship it through usps to their ffl or something?
>>
I'm very reluctant ordering used guns from these sites. I prefer to see their condition before I finalize the deal.

I've been wanting to get a Mak for the longest time, but I'm afraid of getting garbage, even spending that little bit extra for a "handpick."
>>
>>33917451
>I've been wanting to get a Mak for the longest time, but I'm afraid of getting garbage
bwahahaha. please tell me you are looking for a NFA gun and not a pos "cobray." if so i've owned three? all are shit. piss your money away on coke or booze.
>>
>>33917470

I'm talking about a Makarov
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.