[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a sketchy gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (712KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
712KB, 640x1136px
Found this stripped Romanian under folder for sale and I'm tempted to buy it but something seems fishy. As you can see, it's in pretty bad shape. When asked, the guy said his "cousin started a fire too close to it". He also won't give the serial number for me to check and lives in a rough part of town (also hand tats. Just sayin). Basically, is this gun too sketchy to buy and how damning is fire damage?
>>
File: image.png (570KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
570KB, 640x1136px
Tatted up hands = felon?
>>
File: image.png (453KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
453KB, 640x1136px
Can I save her?
>>
Were all the nonmetal parts destroyed by the fire? That rifle looks like absolute garbage you would find abandoned in some african river, hell I wonder if it's a machinegun
>>
>>33909330
low ball him, claim it will cost too much to get running again. then just meet in a public spot, or just do it at a police station, just call the station first.
>>
I may do it. Im still trying to get him to give me the number. Just realized it looks like the bolt is missing too but I think I can get all the parts I need for ~$150
>>
No deal is worth a hot gun, murder weapon, or unregistered machine gun. Plus fire damage? How long was it in the fire, how hot was the fire, why is he selling it now? He's selling it now because it's stolen, it's a murder weapon, or it's no longer functional. Hard pass
>>
I would do it if you can get him down to $150
>>
>>33909420
I was thinking $200
>>
Imo if he knows its an 85 romy he's probably not nigger tier. I'd still pass though.
>>
>>33909435
Depends on how much he knows about guns. aim for 150$ take 200$. A google search will tell him what it is, that doesn't mean he's know how to fix it or the cost of doing so.
>>
I dont have an underfolder and really only want one for the sake of having it so I thought it would be a good chance to get one for the low
>>
Undoubtedly a criminal who owns it, probably used in criminal activity and then burned to hide the evidence.

No idea how hot the fire was, but clearly hot enough to burn all the wood to ash and destroy most of the finish, so probably hot enough to weaken or deform the barrel and reciever.

It's criminal scrap. Pass.
>>
Nigga, that thing is hot in one way or another.

You want to roll those dice, be my guest.
>>
I just needed to be talked out of it I guess. Also, while I have an audience, if anyone has a line on a Romy push button folder, Maadi crutch folder, East German KKMPi-69 .22, or a DTK-2 brake, let me know
>>
>>33909320
Tell him you want a FFL to transfer possession. At most it's $35 on your investment and a surefire way to tell if you're getting a hot gun. If he doesn't respond, he's most likely a criminal.
>>
>>33909544
desu i still think it's worth looking into if you can get the serial out of him and check it out in person in a public spot.
>>
>>33909320
is he white? if not, bail.
>>
>>33909618
I told him Id have to think on it because I really like to have the number to run. Anyone know the best way to run a serial? Im not sure how reliable some of those online checkers are
>>
>>33909709
Just ask your local PD. seriously. Explain the situation, and if he gives the number they will run it.if it's clean good deal, if not I'm sure they will want to have a little chat with him. win win for you.
>>
>>33909320
Just buy it and clean it up. If its hot, just chop it up and sell or rebuild the parts kit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.