[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Penguns and Zipguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: lot819.jpg (49KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
lot819.jpg
49KB, 1000x744px
It's time we designed a pen gun that's worth a damn

why?
because it will make us rich, and fuck you that's why

I was actually impressed by the mechanics of the old stinger pen guns (pic related) but there is a lot of room for improvement

anyone want to brainstorm on this?
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
the first thing I see over and over again is that you have to unscrew most of these guns to put a bullet in

maybe an interrupted thread screw like artillery guns have would fix this
and that would be the perfect range of motion for a pengun
>>
Aren't pen-guns illegal/very hard to legally own?
>>
>>33907353
Some are. OP's is legal because you no longer hide it as a pen when it is cocked.
>>
>>33907353
Most are AOWs because they're considered disguised weapons. However the one in OPs pic is just a normal firearm because it has to be bent like that to fire and the ATF considers it to look enough like a gun to where they don't regulate as anything other than a normal handgun.
>>
>>33907358
>>33907361

So basically is retarded.
>>
>>33907322

The purpose of a pen gun is to look as inconspicuous as possible right? Something that you keep in your pocket, something that no-one bats an eye at when you put it on the table.

Make a Vaporizer gun. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Vaping is gay as fuck. But think, your average vaporizer is larger than a pen. It also has that boxy shape. It even has the mouthpiece that looks just like a barrel. You could have a pocket gun that looks nothing like a gun. It could hold more than one round and maybe be chambered in something larger than .22lr. Not saying I'd buy one, but there is certainly a market for something like it at least.
>>
the next thing I wonder about is the primer

a huge weakness of pen guns is that current designs use a compression spring, which takes up a third of the space of the gun

for these small calibers I wonder jut how thick the barrel would have to be?
could you shroud the barrel with a spring?
tension would be ideal and could effectively allow a bulpup design
torsion springs can be much more powerful, and might provide a more compact package, however it would complicate striker assembly considerably

if shrouding wasn't an option, could you use electrical ignition like in the VOERE VEC-91?
since you wouldn't expect to fire more than one or two rounds the battery could really be quiet small; and could in fact be separate like in a cigarette lighter (think golden gun)

I would wonder also if a piece of spring-steel running parallel to the barrel (like I don't know; the pens clip) could be bent until it it reached a point where it released its energy

perhaps a more advanced reservoir of mechanical energy could be used, like a piece of metal under permanent pressure
these would be single use in all likelyhood, but would be almost perfect
think about a pressure washer with a firing pin, when bent too (maybe by the pens clip) the washer would go from concave to convex with some force
>>
>>33907378
>make your disguised gun look like something that should be put in your mouth and fired

10/10 plan.
>>
>>33907378
I'd buy a bigass vape gun chambered in 10mm auto or something similar
>>
>>33907368
not at all, from a legal point of view in many states a weapon is only concealed if it's concealed when fired; not when it's in storage or disassembled

one could argue when a pengun is assembled as a pen, it's a dissembled gun therefore not a concealed weapon
you could also argue simply that it's not usable as a weapon in it's concealed form

>>33907378
it would certainly give you more space to play with, not a bad idea really

however I still like the linear pen gun design because it can be easily fitted into any handle, pole or tube

using gas pressure has me thinking though
>>
>>33907404

This is unironically a good idea. Kind of reminds me of the "bike pump" gun.
>>
>>33907378
And it would STILL be an AOW
>>
File: 1449950725212.jpg (60KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449950725212.jpg
60KB, 334x750px
>>33907368
Now you're starting to understand.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.