[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insure my guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0

What's the best way to insure my guns? I'm planning on renting an apartment in the lower income parts of town. If someone breaks in and steals all my shit while i'm gone, how do I recoup my losses? Any suggestions on insurance companies or...?
>>
>>33906889
Get a safe. It's why they make them.
>>
>>33906892
>Safes can't be stolen
>>
>>33906889
Get basic renters insurance, most policies cover guns. Write down all of your guns serial numbers in an offsite notebook or if you're not totally afraid of big brother in a google doc/spread sheet. If they get stolen give the serial numbers to the police for the investigation and to the insurance company so they can look at them compared to what you gave to the police.

Either way you have a paper trail linking the serials of the guns you own to you. Other than that there really isn't a way.
>>
>>33906934
I worked for an car insurance company. I had to get my insurance license with included studying renters insurance. Usually, there's like a 2500 limit on payouts for firearms. Is there any insurance that doesn't have a limit? My collection is worth more than 2500
>>
>>33906973
Sell some guns and get an apartment where you don't have to worry about Tyrone selling them for meth
>>
>>33906973
Not sure to be honest. But I have USAA renters insurance and the agent told me that "we cover guns for their market value". I haven't been robbed so I'm clear on what the procedure is. I have 13 guns give or take easily worth $8-$10K.I keep the serials in a notebook at my parents house and in a google drive with the price I payed for each one. I'm hoping that will be enough to deal with any claims I may need to file.
>>
>>33906889
Should I just get an alarm system?
>>
>>33906995
Get that too
>>
>>33906889
Keep your guns hidden or in a safe, and don't live in a town or city.
>>
>>33906889
NRA membership comes with arms are insurance on your guns.
>>
>>33907336
How much is insured?
>>
>>33907348
2500 iirc
>>
>>33906982
you ought to call up your agent and find out exactly what they cover.

you don't want to find out at the worst possible time that they cover guns for market value but only up to 5k or some such.
>>
>>33906973
can't you get a rider to cover more? other than that check with someone like lloyds for specialized hobby / collectible insurance
>>
>>33906982
I have a seperate policy with USAA under valuable personal property. So they have pitcures, values, serials, and detailed descriptions.
>>
>>33906889
muh dick
>>
>>33906889
>/k/ - Insurance

Ask whoever you're getting your renter's insurance from if they cover firearms you dumbass. If they don't then find someone who does, I'd imagine that most do since State Farm and the local place I used back when I lived in Pisspot, TX both cover firearms.
>>
>>33906889
Why such a small image?
>>
My renters insurance covered $30,000 in personal belongings, up to $10,000 of which could be firearms. If you own more than that they want you buy a separate firearms policy which was honestly not much more money, maybe $50/year for every $5k you wanted covered.
>>
>>33906973
>Owns 3 grand worth of guns
>lives in ghetto
Christ, Cleatus, live like a white man.
>>
>>33906904
Get a big one.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.