[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sell my guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have been bouncing this around in my head for sometime now but I really don't do anything with my funs. I feel bad for my guns because something always prevents me from going out to the range. Whether it be class, work, lack of money, weather, or I just don't feel like it something else is there. Right now my collection mostly consists of milsurp and the only 'modern' funs I have are my ar and my M9. I feel like owning just a FAL/G3 variant and a Beretta92S or a cheap 1911 wouldn't be that expensive for how little I shoot (once a month if I am lucky, but usually closer to every two months). Right now if I sold all of my funs I would probably have in the low to mid $3000's (inb4 poorfag) and would be happy to put about $1200 back into firearms then pocket the rest for whatever. Both my brother and fathers have both said I will regret selling my guns but I have said to myself since the early days of my collection that what I had was going to be a revolving door. I don't mean to ramble on I guess I am just asking you guys (you guys have kind of been my only friends for the last few years) what should I do? Keep 'em or sell them? If sell them what do you think for a rifle pistol combo in the mid $1200's?
>>
>fathers

Father* fucking auto correct.
>>
>>33906328
You won't have class forever. You will regret it afterward.
>>
>>33907468
Still will have work and the other stuff though.
>>
>>33906328
How many fathers do you have, exactly?

Anyway you should listen to them. You'll regret it if you sell.
>>
>>33908005 you aren't good at reading first posts are you?>>33906345
>>
>>33906328
I am sitting on around $80k in guns and I have toyed with the idea of selling off around $20,000 for a down payment for a better house. But then I think about the fact my current house is paid for and I like going and playing with my guns with I get bored.

>dont sell them OP
>>
>>33906328
List what you have and we will advise you on which models to keep.
>>
>>33906328
I inherited my dad's guns last year. Most of them had not been fired in years, probably since I used to use them at the farm when I would go see my dad.

They just sat in the closet. They were oiled from years ago, but otherwise, just sat there.

So I inherited them and have used them more in the last year than they had been used in 20.

Dont worry about your guns just sitting there. Keep them oiled and they will be ready when you are.
>>
>>33908241
'43 Izhevsk 91/30 (my first gun)
Colt LE6920 (got at WalMart for half off)
K31
Beretta M9
VKT M39 from 1944
P64
I also have a ton of mags for my ar and a lucid 4x. Ton of 7.5x55 Swiss and quite a bit of mosin food.

All of them were bought and not inherited or given.
>>
>>33908332
I would personally hang on to all of those. The surp guns will appreciate in value and may not be replaceable if you change your mind. If you really want to shed some weight, you don't need two nuggets, and the P64 isn't that fun to shoot in my experience. That's nowhere near $3k worth of stuff though so if the money was your primary driver I would reconsider.
>>
>>33908442
Yea but really don't do anything with them. Also with the amount of ammo I have its about $3200. To me right now a PTR or buildafal tm or even a Cetme L sounds kinda more in line for my shooting habits. But I don't know.
>>
>>33908332
Keep the M9 and 6920. Sell the rest of that shit to be honest.
>>
>>33908183
You aren't good at humor, so we're both disabled.
>>
>>33908970
Wasn't meant to be humor.

>>33908869
Here's your (you)
>>
>>33909046
Fuck. That (you) was meant for this >>33908961 dick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.