[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 56d.jpg (29KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
56d.jpg
29KB, 600x528px
The Taurus Judge seems like a decent weapon for home defense.

I would consider a shotgun, but it seems to clumsy to rely on in a situation that is urgent.

Is this a good choice, or can /k/ommandos suggest something better?
>>
>>33905533

It bugs me that I can't tell whether or not this is a bait post.
>>
Yeah man, trust your life to a Taurus judge + zero training. Surely just having it is enough, right?

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>33905561
it depends on the ammo

the judge could be an awesome hd gun or a incredibly crappy one depending on what op buys for it

honestly if the judge has any niche at all it's HD but that's ammo dependant
>>
>>33905533
I've decided that in the off chance you're serious I will give you some advice.

The Taurus Judge is by far the worst modern production gun you could choose for self defense.

Do not buy one as anything other than a range toy.

They perform extremely poorly in every measurable category of self defense.

Tiers of self defense:

1. Ar15

2. Mossberg 500

3. Glock 19 or 17

The best option for you depends on your exact circumstances, but without knowing that all I can do is make general suggestions.
>>
>>33905604
I'll make a small note that a single shot .22 is slightly worse than a judge for home defense but not by a ton
>>
>>33905604
>1.AR15

Stopped reading.
>>
>>33905629
Make an argument against it so everyone can laugh.
>>
This is not bait. I really want to know the best option for a gun to defend myself.

My only experience with firearms is shooting a few rounds with an over and under shotgun.

I just want to invest in the right gun to become proficient enough to defend me and my family. Real advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>33905533
>Taurus
Hope you gave your FEP from the BATFE
>>
>>33905533
I mean, if it's the only gun you have, it's better than nothing. I'm sure if you loaded it up with .45 lc it could put someone down, but you should really find something that can carry more than 6 rounds and can have a light attached to it.
Also, don't disregard a long gun. It's much easier to be "clumsy" with a handgun. A semi automatic 12 gauge with the right load and a good light is a great HD setup.
>>
If you have experience with a shotgun, start there. 870 Rem.(older ones preferred) or Mossberg 500 to start. Go with what you find most comfortable.
If handgun, try several. Maybe rent some if a range is nearby.
Get training. Learn safety first. Know your local laws.
If rifle, Ar is a good choice.
>>
>>33905645
designed to wound
>>
>>33905746

Designed to be lighter and cheaper you fucking mong
>>
>>33905770
still designed to wound
>>
>>33905533
Who made you Judge, Jury and Executioner?
>>
>>33905778

Thats why you double tap, faggot.
>>
>>33905778

Show me any source that isn't fuddlore. Better yet, stand 100m and take one round to the chest. I know I can make the shot, and will only load one round. After all, it's only designed to wound, right? You'll be fine. Do you hear yourself?
>>
>>33905770
salvo was disproved years ago, try again sweetie ;^)
>>
>>33905778
Stop being a fag
>>
>>33905787
>>33905791
Repeat after me. Designed. To. Wound.
>>
The best choice can also depends on your living situation OP.
If you live in a tightly packed apartment complex, A bullet an AR-15 could easily pass through walls and kill someone who isn't the person(s) breaking into your home.
The same goes for just about any caliber bullet
but more-so with .556
As for the judge, I own one myself and while they're powerful for a handgun, the build quality is not something you'd want to trust your life with.
A quality, high-capacity handgun would be a good choice for most situations
>>
>>33905888
my bad
>>
>>33905604

It's like you picked the top three newfag pleb guns you heard about on the news. Here are the real tiers.

1. Any semi-automatic rifle

2. Any non-semiautomatic rifle capable of decently quick chambering of the next round, such as lever action

3. Any decent shotgun
Biggu gappu
4. Anything else
>>
>>33905791

Won't stop me killing you with one shot of 7.62x39 and having time to get lifesaving medical attention. Also because my rifle doesn't look like a plastic kids' toy, I'll have your waifu servicing me in the hospital.

The fact that your other two options were memeberg and glocknade makes me question whether you've ever even held a gun or just absorbed those names by lurking.
>>
>>33905787
>>33905791

Just noticed the samefagging. Wew lad.
>>
>>33905973
0/10 trole harder
>>
>>33905888
handgun has more pen than xm193
>>
>>33905645

The reason they're cheap now isn't because magical freedom angels descended on FLGSes across the country with the victory of Donald J. Trump and lightened the hearts of funsmerchants. It's because people are realizing that they're legitimately not very good guns. Great on paper, unreliable, finnicky shit in practice with undersized ammo. They're barbie dolls for manchildren.
>>
>>33905988

Nice nonresponse. Did it not clue you in that even the army wants a new, better gun? Or that AKfags have cheerfully not given a single fuck about ARspergs rampaging through this board, hooting with victory now that poorfags can have ARs? It's because owning one says "I want to be part of a subculture but don't actually know enough to really be a /k/ommando."

Oh, by the way...

>100m

Top fucking kek nigger, that's normal SKS distance.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.