[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competition pistol for a poorfag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: sigsauer-xline-xfive-match-zoom.jpg (59KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
sigsauer-xline-xfive-match-zoom.jpg
59KB, 960x672px
What would be /k/'s recommendation for a competition style pistol thats not shit and not expensive? Like $2000 max.
>>
>>33904873
what competition are you shooting
>>
>>33904873
im in the same boat and ive been looking at pic related

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9l-pro-series-core

jerry miculek really seems to like them, and it's only $100 more for an extended threaded barrel
>>
>>33904873
Which competition?
>NRA Bullseye
For centerfire, you have the STI Trojan and maybe the STI DVC Classic on sale. For rimfire you can get a Walther GSP Expert for well under $2k, as well as potentially a used Hammerli or Pardini.

For IDPA/USPSA/IPSC/Steel Challenge it will depend entirely on division, although if you're shooting Production a CZ P09 is tough to beat due to the blend of capacity and good trigger.

For 3-gun it's really really fucking hard to beat a CZ75 Czechmate, since they have no hammer-down-start requirement or pistol regulations and it's the only "race gun" that retails for under $2k.
>>
and op was never heard from again
>>
>>33905106
I'm not dead i swear.

Not specifically for an actual competition yet maybe in the future but for now I just want one to have a good pistol to grow into.
>>
>>33904873
I use a Glock 34 MOS with a Burris Fastfire III for USPSA carry optics division.

I traded 2 pistols I wasn't using for the set up, but it would have only been 800 or so cash for the gun, optic, and a few Magpul P17 magazines.
>>
File: witness-elite-match.jpg (37KB, 930x633px) Image search: [Google]
witness-elite-match.jpg
37KB, 930x633px
>>33904873
Without a doubt your least expensive option for a legit competition handgun is from EAA.

I picked up an EAA Witness Elite Match in .38 Super Auto for $619 before tax about a year ago.

I also picked up a S&W Performance Center 627 8 shot .357 Magnum for around $900 also around a year ago.
>>
>>33904873
>not pic related

I have had an opportunity to use an X5 on a number of occasions, honestly I thought it was shit.

SAO handgun that is not a 1911/2011 from a competition standpoint literally doesn't make sense in my mind.
>>
>>33904873
-You don't need a special gun for competition. Most people start with what they have, and then mod it or buy a new gun for whatever you are shooting. Most people shoot glocks or 1911's in my area.
I would say if you are into it, save up and reload your ammo so you can have the lowest power required for your division. That and mindset are how you win in comps.
>>
>>33905994
*depending on what type of competition it is we are talking about of course

USPSA, 2011 or bust if X5 is your consideration
>>
>>33905332
I would say buy a long slide 9mm handgun or 1911 then. Those are the most popular gun types for competition and will allow you to shoot in most. Or you could buy what you like and just use that.
>>
File: 1386261075187.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1386261075187.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
Cheapest barebones routes I've found.... I am getting into USPSA as well at the moment. Luckily I have 2 guns right off the bat I can use... (I'm in California)

Single Stack
> any .45 acp 1911, with 10 round mags

Production 9mm is king
> Glock 34/17/19
> S&W M&P Pro/ Core
> CZ 75 SP-01, Shadow, etc
(you can replace springs, recoil rod, and internals) No externals, mag release, trigger, or magwell.

If you want to go Limited 10, go for Major scoring (40 s&w and up), Minor scoring (9mm) always loses.
Being in California everyone is going to be Limited 10 round mags this summer due to bullshit gun laws.
>>
>>33907146
Interesting that a US state limits capacity like that .. Denmark, with strict laws on firearms as a whole, will most likely do same soon, but limit will be 20 rounds. Open class shooters will most likely be able to apply for and get dispensation.
>>
File: 1367377896322.jpg (62KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1367377896322.jpg
62KB, 480x360px
>>33907172
California has been pushing for gun control via laws leading to attrition and banning by name, for a while now. California and New York have been a dick swinging contest to see which state can stomp on the 2nd Amendment the most. I think New York is winning, but after last year its pretty close now.

Thinking Killary would win the Presidential Election, California got brazen and decided to declare a bullet button an Assault weapon feature claiming that it made it faster to swap magazines (we all know this isn't the case, but lawmakers never know what they are talking about).

Thinking they finally have gun owners in a corner they decided to also outright ban "high capacity magazines" more specifically grandfathered magazines. Law enforcement and people who have had their guns since the 80s-90s will be affected by this. In Los Angeles Law Enforcement had an exemption that allowed them to buy regular capacity magazines. After July 2017 that will no longer be the case.

But we'll see how the Court case goes, the NRA with other groups filed a Lawsuit against the state, the idea being now that we have a full Supreme Court, all this utter bullshit will be overturned.
>>
>>33907198
At least you guys have an amendment to draw from in court .. we're completely at the mercy of whatever fuckheads we've been daft enough to elect and what the police recommends. So much more surprising they didn't try to ban hand gun ownership as a whole after the episode that prompted the capacity limit. Count your blessings I suppose. Best of luck in Supreme Court!
>>
>>33907198
>California has been pushing for gun control via... banning by name, for a while now
No. California banned firearms by name in 1989. But that method has been completely abandoned since the mid '00s, as it is very simply to rename the CopKiller 9000 to CopKiller 9001. Now it's all about feature bans.

>Law enforcement... will be affected by this. In Los Angeles Law Enforcement had an exemption that allowed them to buy regular capacity magazines. After July 2017 that will no longer be the case.
Uh, no. Law enforcement, both current and retired, are still exempt.
>>
>>33907481
Hopefully things turn around for you as well mate. And thank you, we could use all the luck we can get over here.

>>33907505
> No. California banned firearms by name in 1989. But that method has been completely abandoned since the mid '00s, as it is very simply to rename the CopKiller 9000 to CopKiller 9001. Now it's all about feature bans.
They've taken a liking to ARs and 80% Lowers most recently. But you are correct.

> Uh, no. Law enforcement, both current and retired, are still exempt.
Shit you are right, my mistake, I was under the impression Law Enforcement didn't get exemption this time around.
>>
>>33907172
California isn't a US state

It's the homosexual azteca caliphate
>>
Just get a highpoint and call it good.

https://youtu.be/KjQk244oW9c
>>
>>33904916
he's paid to like them tho
>>
>>33905994
>I have had an opportunity to use an X5 on a number of occasions, honestly I thought it was shit.

I've only had the opportunity to hold an X5. One of the things I was interested in is the adjustable trigger pull on the X5. Did you have the chance to adjust the trigger pull on an X5? If so, please elaborate.
>>
>>33905994
They are mostly used for precision shooting, at least in germany.
Most of the high-level shooters are using X-Series guns nowadays, mostly the X-6.
Pretty much idiot-proof guns. I remember shooting 4x10 and one 9 on my first 5 shots.
>>
>>33905832
This. Tanfoglio makes the absolute cheapest competition guns that aren't shit.
>>
File: confus.jpg (44KB, 631x603px) Image search: [Google]
confus.jpg
44KB, 631x603px
>I'm a poorfag and want a $3,000 competition gun!!1

Just shoot production with what you carry you faglord.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.