[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two questions /k/mart shoppers 1) for those of you who own the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: P1060328-900x600.jpg (63KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
P1060328-900x600.jpg
63KB, 900x600px
Two questions /k/mart shoppers

1) for those of you who own the P320 how has it treated you so far?

2) since the frame and all of that is interchangeable does that make the Polymer cheaper than the competition?
>>
File: My Snapshot_4.jpg (52KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
My Snapshot_4.jpg
52KB, 1024x768px
I bought a full size frame in .45 ACP for about $500 and the only problem I've had with it, is that it doesn't like Wolf steel cased ammo very much. It would usually hang up around the third or fourth round, but I think it might be Wolf's inconsistent loads. Otherwise, the gun shoots like butter and feels very nice to shoot overall.
>>
>>33904757

I love mine. It's a tack driver and has had 0 malfunctions so far after approx 3k rounds.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_175027.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_175027.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Love my P320 RX compact. I put the Apex advanced trigger on it and it really sweetened the trigger pull. My only complaint is that I can't for the life of me find the small grip size frame. It's literally in stock nowhere.
>>
I really like my compact, and I bought a subcompact railed frame for CC, looks a little awkward but it's great.
>>
>>33904757
Gun's been good and reliable. Feels good. Bought the full size, and carry the compact xchange kit in .40.

The polymer feels really stiff and thin. This makes it feel like it would be brittle, but I haven't seen anything about the polymer breaking yet so I assume it's fine. I guess it would be a plus if you don't like the softer feeling and more malleable polymers in other guns. The polymer definitely scratches easily though.
>>
>>33905073
>Buys steel case
>Gun fails
Go figure
>>
File: uto4o5cg80by.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
uto4o5cg80by.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>33904757
I just wanted to pull this picture back into service since I haven't had an opportunity to shitpost iwth it in awhile
>>
>>33905628
Do they sell the model with the safety to civilians yet or is it just for military?

Laugh all you want but I just like having a safety on a firearm.
>>
it's fucking amazing. maybe it's just new baby but it might be my favorite gun. so damn nice!
>>
>>33906305
>Do they sell the model with the safety to civilians yet or is it just for military?

I'm quite sure there's some Mass compliant variant of the P320 that includes the thumb safety in the same pic.

>Laugh all you want but I just like having a safety on a firearm.

I don't blame you. Oddly enough, the P320's trigger is actually heavier than say a Glock at 6lbs.
>>
File: Sig-Sauer-P320C.jpg (178KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
Sig-Sauer-P320C.jpg
178KB, 1000x680px
>>33906398
They really are. I own one that I don't shoot a whole lot but since the Army, now ICE and pretty much the rest of the military have began to adopt it, I can definately see good in the P320's future. Top it off with all the variants that got introduced this year.

The gun is going places and it's pretty exciting to see all of this happen.
>>
>>33906305
Do you also like having your GF fucked by another bigger man?
>>
It's hilarious how /k/ did a complete 180 on this gun solely because the military picked it up. It was dismissed as being the second coming of the disastrous P250 when it first launched, and was widely derided and dismissed up until it was announced as having won.

I say this as someone who is hopeful that it is actually good and extremely glad that Glock got beaten out. Glock's overwhelming dominance has meant that there has been little real progress since the late 80s. Hopefully the Sig victory in the MHS causes both Glock and the rest of the industry to try and break out of the stagnation that has settled over handgun designs.

Also, do any of you know if modern Sig has stepped up its game at all? I remember hearing constantly over the past few years about how they have been having QC issues since moving to Exeter. Is this still the case?
>>
>>33906444
I grew up shooting guns with safeties, it is second nature to me to switch a safety on and off. It is also nice for holstering, time at the range, and as a bedside gun.

Plus all those "one in a million" scenarios, like say I was in a car wreck and some paramedic was taking it off of me so he could shove my guts back in, or say some cop was handling it because the asshole just insists on disarming me at a traffic stop. Or, as my carry piece, say I died in my sleep at night, and some no guns found me in my home, he's less likely to accidentally shoot himself if he started fucking with it. etc. etc. Its not so much for me as it is for anyone else somehow getting the stars to align and getting to handle my firearm without my permission. Yes, they could accidentally flick off the safety but it at least buys time for someone else to take it away from their dumbass.

Plus the fact that I can shockingly just leave it off if I know something was about to go down. But please, go ahead and shit on people who like a small feature that in no way negatively impacts a firearm's performance. Enjoy your glock leg and ND's while you're at it
>>
>>33906485
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAKA
>>
>>33906476
From what I heard, Sig has stepped up their game QC wise as of recently. I don't think much of its notoriety of terrible QC extended towards the P320.
>>
>>33905073
light primer strikes?
>>
>>33906476
I know. I remember posting my then new P320 in .45ACP and receiving hate from every direction. Now suddenly all the military wannabes are fapping to the P320.

But that's /k/
>>
1) My 9mm full size had one stovepipe which cleared with a t-r-b. I think the ammo was UMC. My biggest gripe about the pistol is the recoil feels less controlled than other pistols. The muzzle just kinda flips around more.
2) who cares. It doesn't feel like shit, and if the grip gets trashed then its easily replaced
>>
>>33905605

If it cant feed wolf, it's fucked.

Didn't like my time with the 320. Probably my least favorite polymer fullsize.
>>
>army orders thousands of comopact frames
>no one is allowed to use compact frames expect SF and the officer/warrant officer club
>DRMO all of them 8 years later.
>>
>>33907142
if it makes you feel better, i'm not a tacticool wannabe and I still hate the P320
>>
>>33905605
I ran 1200 rounds of Tula steel through mine with no cleaning and had zero malfunctions.
>>
>>33905605
>gun is unreliable with certain ammo
>it's not the gun's fault it's you, you stupid idiothead.
>>
>>33905628
it's just more military tax money wasted because of fanboy brand loyalty. ffs they just ordered like 250,000 m9s 5 years ago, how much is a fucking pistol used nowadays in the military?
>>
>>33904757
Overall I've been really happy with it it's got a slightly better trigger than a Glock not amazing but enough to be noticed I would say that it's a little bit heavier than a Glock trigger. But the travel is shorter which I prefer I'd rather take a short heavy trigger than a long light trigger. Have a little over 3000 rounds through it and reliability has been flawless. My only real complaints is that I wish the grip was more aggressive but my P30 set the bar pretty high for that standard. The 40 bucks a crack mags are kind of a bitch but I'm kind of used to it by now.

As for the interchangeable frames making it cheaper I don't think so. I believe the compact the carry and the full size all have different barrels which is were probably most of the cost is.

Anyway I'm pretty happy with it but honestly I probably would have been just as happy with a Glock.
>>
>>33907334
I have 3.5k rds through my G26 and the ammo ranges from new S&B plinking ammo, quality reloads thereof, PPU and shitloads of (often rusty) tula steel case. Not one single malf. I do not expect guns to eat rusty ammo but it it a nice thing when it does.
>>
Got mine about two years ago

P320c in 9

fits me just fine

As for all the modular options all I've really done is buy a few of the grips and stippled or spayed them different colors for fun as they are only like 30 bucks. Either way fun cheap way to customize.

Dropped a threaded barrel in and the apex trigger. Put talon grips on my main grip as well.

Anyways worth buying
>>
File: 1479666403212.jpg (59KB, 745x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479666403212.jpg
59KB, 745x600px
>>33908343
>Dropped a threaded barrel in and the apex trigger. Put talon grips on my main grip as well.

If you did that to a Glock, ppl would be shitposting the

>Glock
>400$$$ in aftermarket parts
>perfection

meme
>>
>>33906476
>stagnation
What the fuck are you talking about. Just because your favorite operator or military unit gets a new toy doesn't mean the field of competition has """stagnated""". Literally every major manufacturer has introduced a polymer pistol in the last 15 years with numerous updates and improvements. For Christ sakes Smith and Wesson is on their second generation of them. Walther, HK, FN and more have all offered a modern striker pistol for years now. Your argument makes no sense
>>
>>33906485
Safeties, and even a grip safety are great on a bedside gun
>>
>>33906476
Their QC has been markedly improved ever since around the time they canned the P226 Navy and released the MK25.
IMO moving across international borders is no easy task, just look at how much HK has hesitated on it, opening a factory is one thing, moving most/all manufacturing is another. SAN/Swiss arms (the ownership) only makes P225/6/8/9 parts and SG-55x series rifles and Exeter does everything else
>>
>>33904757
I have about 1000 rounds through my .357 SIG carry.

I didn't clean it at all until I hit 1000 rounds. Because fuck it, it didn't need it.
>>
>>33906476
Several members were lauding the gun well before the adoption, in fact quite a few were pushing people towards it in lieu of the SiG SP2022 as both were similar in pricing, and really all in all the P320 was a bargain
>>
>>33908455
That's because the PS2022 is a shit gun.
>>
>>33907342
The M9's were really long in the tooth and the P320 is cheap as fuck and makes total sense from an armorer/logistics perspective. A gun can be entirely rebuilt easily and the prospect of a slide/barrel and frame replacement isn't as daunting.
>>
>>33908390
Trigger packs/cheap frames and a decent trigger sold the military on the P320 - ie the modular aspect of the design
>>
>>33908459
There was a time when the SP2022 was the best thing since sliced bread on this board, people were jerking off to their triangle mag releases, meanwhile the intelligent crowds got Mk25's instead.
>>
>>33908450
>I have about 1000 rounds through my .357 SIG carry.
how's the recoil?
>>
>>33904757
>shameless plug for the /K/Mart FB page
>>
>>33908556
Minimal.

The standard calibers all have a barely noticeable difference in recoil. And those who claim there is more are idiots, wimps, or both.

>>33908535
And they were stupid.

Just like anyone who gets a DA/SA Sig without the SRT.
>>
File: 1491623924354.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1491623924354.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>33906476
>>33907142
>>33908535
>I liked the 320 before it was cool
gun hipsters
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.