[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gander mountain liquidation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170508-215808.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-215808.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Gander Mtn's inventory is being liquidated natiom wide.

New owners (camping world) will be keeping 70 stores open.

But a third party has bought all the current inventory , and is set to liquidate all of it.

Havent made it to my local store. Has anyone gone im yet? Score anything good?
>>
>>33904213
bought a 250 dollar plastic green spoon and a 300 dollar can of camp stove fuel. it was all half off so i got it for cheaper than normal gander mountain prices
>>
>>33904213
i went today. everything was 10-20 percent off, yet somehow still overpriced.
>>
>>33904213
Gm employee here. So far no guns or ammo are on sale with no real news to us if or when they will be. New CEO is actually pretty cool and updating everything he can on Twitter.
Other than that any specific questions? I'll answer what I can.
>>
>>33904256
Yup
>>
>>33904266
After the re-organization, will the new owner keep selling guns and ammo?
>>
>>33904266

When are the guns/ammo going on a meaningful sale (AKA 25%+ sales)?
>>
>>33904410
That's the plan. To what extent or what format no clue.
>>33904426
Literally go back and reread my post. No news to us if or when they will be. Or to what extent. I will say this all the stores got the same sign pack and the only firearm specific signage I saw said 5% which is retarded.
>>
>nationwide

They're only in the eastern half of the country, guy.
>>
>>33904213
17 stores. Not 70.
>>
>>33904505
Incorrect at least 70 will remain open. Straight from the new ceo
>>
>>33904481

I'm going to continually ask until the sales happen. I did the exact same thing to a local gun store when he tried to sell a Yugo Mauser for $400. I spent 2 months of visiting the store every other day offering $300. When he finally caved since no one else was buying it, I instead offered $250.
>>
>>33904526
Difference is LGS can set whatever price they want. We literally can't discount a penny or we can get fired cause out liquidator overlords need their . The guy that is out two from the liquidators is some doughy asshole that wouldn't let one of my customer service gals clock in on time because "I need this computer now"
>>
>>33904481
I am hoping to score a gun safe next week. Like a fat boy or a presidential
>>
File: 20170508_232735.jpg (2MB, 1847x1514px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_232735.jpg
2MB, 1847x1514px
>Looking to buy a sig
>ask guy at counter why the gun is 649
>Tells me that they cant do a large discount unless he sees an ad from a competitor like Academy or Bass pro
>Google Bass Pro and see the same gun for 520
>Show him the ad
>Guy enters in info and I get a 5% discount
>Ask him if he needs verification
>He tells me he just needs to see the ad
>I ask if he could go lower
>tells me it could cost him his job
>ask him if that really matters
>He strugs his shoulders and I puts down 400
>Manager gets pinged and bitches about how he needs to see proof
>Ask the manager if it really matters
>Manager gets upset but still goes through the transaction
>Get garbo sig for 400 with tax
>>
File: IMG_2913.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2913.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Went yesterday

Pic related should tell you everything you need to know
>>
>>33904256
What they do is knock off a few bucks and then keep moving in new inventory to the stores making the most sales.

Liquidation sales are anything but, so long as the lease is paid for they will milk it for weeks.
>>
>>33905309
Toppest of keks
>>
>>33904266
will they actually adress the main issues of everything being super over priced and building stores next to pre-existing BASS PRO and academy sports?

because my home town basically laughed at the GM that was recently built, its way to over priced, especially with so many other big sporting goods stores.
>>
>>33905289

Lol.

Speaking of Sig.

>Go to LGS
>everyone who works there wears black collared shirts
>looking at CZ's
>guy behind the counter walks up and asks how I'm doing
>I am still looking down and not up at him, but I can see he's wearing a black shirt
>Ask if I can see a gun and finger fuck it
>Look up
>See he's a Sig salesman just visiting the store
>"Oh."
>He rolls his eyes and sighs before walking off
>mfw I have no face because new computer

I have never seen someone so defeated and just done with their job. I wonder what sort of quota that guy has to meet, if any.
>>
>>33905338
>BASS PRO

I've never bought a gun from one, but there is one right next to me inside of a shopping center that has signs posted all over the place about firearms being illegal on their property

Yet the Bass Pro sells firearms.

How does that compute? Couldn't the cops just arrest anyone who is going back to their car after buying a gun?
>>
>>33905342
sig is dem guns used by teh rme!

All salesmen in these big box stores repeat the same line...
>>
>>33905342
did you legit ask him to finger fuck it?
>>
>>33905367
what kind of communist state do you live in? people OC in my local and home town bass pro.

ive never seen a sporting store not allow firearms....someone (or multiple someones) must have really fucked up for them to put up signs like that.
>>
>>33905367
>Couldn't the cops just arrest anyone who is going back to their car after buying a gun?

no anon...its not like cops just hang out, looking for people possibly in a grey area that they can harass.
>>
>>33905367
I bought a gun at Ass pro.

Got me a springfield 1911 in december it was 650, not horrid but not the best. What they did was put a little sticker on my gun case as I left and was told I couldn't buy ammo with the gun purchase
>>
>>33905389

Not in so many words.

>>33905401

Florida. The Bass Pro is just one part of an outdoor mall. It isn't a separate lot or anything, you have to enter the mall's property before you can get to the Bass Pro. As I mentioned before, the mall has no guns allowed signs up around the perimeter periodically, and on the mall map things you see at a lot of places. The Bass Pro still sells guns, I've only gone there a few times because it's easier for me to go to literally the six other stores within three miles of my home versus the big ass store 15 miles away with a movie theater, ten different clothing stores, restaurants, etc.

>>33905411

They could though. Just take your shit, claim civil forfeiture. And if you had a gun on their property it's technically trespassing. That's why I want to know up from down here.

>>33905413

Like at Best Buy when you walk in with broken shit that you want to return?
>>
>>33905411
But we have an entire appellate court system and supreme court on both federal and state levels for that exact reason
>>
>>33905507
oh wtf ever.
>>
>>33905289
>>tells me it could cost him his job
>>ask him if that really matters
top fucking kek

this cuck company and its cuck employees can burn in hell
>>
>>33904256
When I see shit like that at a store, I intentionally break or steal things.
>>
>>
>>33905338
From the conference calls I've sat in on it sounds like marcus is looking at renegotiating all the vendor deals to get us better margins and lower prices.
Previous CEO Jay tibbets was a huge tool and his wife was an evil cunt who made all the stores take down their mounts. Ended up being good for me I got a bear pelt and Oryx head that were shot by red Nugent.
>>
>>33904266
paid shill here
he does seem pretty cool
i never heard any rumors of him soliciting young women for sex or murdering them afterward.
>>
>>33907564
Are you referring to tibbets or Nugent?
Also how are you guys doing? My store is a constant stream of retards doing retard things retardedly
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.