[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wood Aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: raptor.jpg (21KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
raptor.jpg
21KB, 250x187px
Anyone know where I can find a wood version of pic related? I like the idea of the Mossberg 590 Raptor, but the plastic looks hideous to me.
>>
>>33900004
why dont you make one? Pretty simple shape and design and if you build it you will like it more.

other wise any custom gun stock maker could probably make you a wood pistol grip and forend for under 200$.
>>
>>33900043
I have no workshop whatsoever. I can get a wood forend easily. It's just the fucking grip. Those things are nowhere to be found, although google is full of pics of them.
>>
File: 100_0763-edited-1.jpg (60KB, 900x416px) Image search: [Google]
100_0763-edited-1.jpg
60KB, 900x416px
Dremel it yourself or contact a gunsmith that offers stock alteration. Oil the exposed wood with boiled linseed oil or tung oil and you're in business.
>>
>>33900153
>How to make your gun shittier and worth less in a few easy steps
>>
>>33900204
Well it needs to start as a Raptor model in the first place because ATF bullshit.
>>
>>33900057
>no workshop whatsoever.
you dont need a workshop, just a vise, a saw, a file, a spoke shave, a drill and a small chisel for fitting.

you can do all the work on your kitchen table.

Not to mention the tool are investments.

if you have a dremel tool you can get some work done with that.
>>
>watch Midway USA video about checkering
>your a expert gunsmith
>>
>>33900004
Get a wooden buttstock for your gun of a matching grain/color of your fore-end, then find a wood worker to cut the thing down, strip it, grind and polish it down properly and refinish it.
Give him some images for reference.

Or you could just cut it off behind the grip and leave a tiny bit of the stock at the ass end and sandpaper that down (maybe cover the cut part with black paint or whatever, if you circle the area off with tape it shouldn't turn out too shitty), to get sort of a Mare's Leg style of grip, which is just as legal but EVEN YOU could do it. Pic related, surprisingly comfy.

You could even try it first to see how it feels, then if you don't like it send it off for someone to work on to make what you originally wanted.
>>
File: non-nfa-shorty.jpg (2MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
non-nfa-shorty.jpg
2MB, 2000x1125px
>>33900204
Maybe he already has a good shotgun but wants one for one of these non-NFA stubbys just for a fun or cool gun?

They're pretty rad little toys.
>>
http://m.ebay.com/itm/172272993177?_mwBanner=1
>>
>>33900004
Goddamnit this. ive been looking everywhere. The one i made looks like shit.
>>
>>33901135
Too shiny
>>
>>33902045
Sand it and refinish it.

It's that easy.
>>
>>33900231
Obviously you buy the Raptor and buy the stock seperately, modifying it before attachment.
>>
Learn to woodwork faggit!!
>>
>>33900057
>No workshop
Fuck I hate when people say this, go get a hammer and a saw and build yourself a sawhorse, clamp your shit to that and start carving away, then sand that shit and varnish it. Fucking 3rd world retards can do this shit.
>>
>>33906736
I just find it frustrating nobody sells them. NGP sell complete stock sets for 30$ but a cut down and stained one is 150$ and only one person in some foreign shithole is the only one selling them on ebay? The raptor is like 25$ a wood one should be 45$ at most.
>>
>>33906723
this

lazy faggot
>>
File: IMG-20170508-WA0015.jpg (46KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170508-WA0015.jpg
46KB, 1155x1155px
Bayonet thread. Post 'em.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.