[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best gun for resisting foreign invasion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: RED DAWN.jpg (68KB, 450x310px) Image search: [Google]
RED DAWN.jpg
68KB, 450x310px
Some people believe the fascists/commies will never be back, but I'm not one of them. If it's the AR don't just say it's the AR, tell me why. American legal is appreciated.
>>
>>33898583
9mm fmj carbine, 308 in lightweight carbon fiber alloy reciever build. G2G
>9mm for avail.
>308 for multipurpose, and capping an auto 5,45 for use.
>>
>>33898583
Realistically, in a hostile invasion scenario in the US I would say there are about 3 realistic options. An AR because of just how many AR's are in the US, spare parts wouldn't be an issue. 5.56/.223 wouldn't be hard to scavenge considering the Military uses it as well. A shotgun because again, ammo is abundant and you'll most likely be on the defensive as a regular citizen so you would probably be fighting in houses or other tight spaces. Or, whatever gun the invading force is using.
>>
>implying you wouldn't get conscripted and given a weapon
>>
>>33898583
Hunting rifles with decent optic and a shooter who can hit someone. Or, of course, the AR because of ammo and parts availability Doesn't really matter what you use though. I could probably take out a bunch of foreign invaders with my 22 and knowledge of the land.
>>
>>33898583

Question from someone abroad in nogunzland.

What is the most common firearms you'd find in the US? Say, most common pistol, most common shotgun and most common rifle?

Is there a clear obvious majority on which one is most purchased and owned?
>>
>>33899699
can't say for sure other than the glock is the most popular pistol.
I would guess the AR-15 for rifle.
>>
>>33899059
If I'm not dead in the war and they reach the mainland the government will be basically gone.

And, I'd prefer to know something about the gun before I have to immediately use it anyway.
>>
>>33899999
>>
>>33900000
>>
>>33899699
Glock pistols (I assume 17 or maybe 23 are most common), AR15 type rifles, and mossberg 500 or Remington 870 shotguns.
>>
>>33899911
>>33900058

Cheers lads.
>>
>>33898583
9x19 is basically global standard, not that regular joes carry pistols in any major military

other than that you can't go wrong with .308, 5.56, or 5.45, theres no establish militaries using anything else (cough 7.62x54) to matter

if you want to haul around a PKM and hope you get lucky finding a big ass pile of linked x54 go for it
>>
File: 41NZoGhYtzL.jpg (27KB, 342x500px) Image search: [Google]
41NZoGhYtzL.jpg
27KB, 342x500px
>>33898583
>>
>>33899699
I frequent a couple of different ranges east coast; mp-shield, ar15, 870. I doubt the shield is overall the most common, but for some reason everyone in the states around me fucking love them.
>>
File: RTEmagicC_3_02.jpg.jpg (14KB, 650x288px) Image search: [Google]
RTEmagicC_3_02.jpg.jpg
14KB, 650x288px
>>33898583
Sten gun.
A 9x19mm full-auto sub machine gun can make in your garage.
The European resistance make their Sten Gun underground to fight German.
>>
>>33898583
Whatever you have that isn't on some kind of government list, you have a useful quantity of ammo, and can utilize effectively in the kind of tactics you can best utilize.

So if you have a scoped .308 hunting rifle that was bought private party years ago, 200 rounds, and you can hit a man sized target at 200-500 yards but you don't know any one else with guns, you're going to be sniping.

Built an AR-15 in a garage with 20 pals and you each have 1,000+ rounds, some physical fitness, some hunting fieldcraft and someone has a Ranger handbook? Might be possible to pull of small unit ambushes and raids.

Etc, etc.
>>
File: ruger-77.jpg (93KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-77.jpg
93KB, 660x371px
a hunting rifle. 1 shit 1 kill and are lightweight with range.
>>
>>33899035
Why you no say the AK-47?
>>
>>33901489
Thanks pal, I've got my simple sabotage field manual for a start.
>>
>>33898583
The Finnish method.

Whatever the fuck the enemy is using; why should we have to pay to fight off their invasion?
The other option is hunting rifles and hit and run tactics.
>>
>>33899147
This. Prepared ambush sites with hunting rifles in midrange sniper/DMR roles and AR's in regular rifleman roles. Also with a insurgency war in a place as strategically important as the US, I'd imagine that someone somewhere will find a way to eventually deliver us explosives and MG's
>>
>>33903053
Isn't that still the Finnish method?
>>
Realistically, whatever you have on hand that you already have ammo for.
>>
>>33899699
Floridian here. Ar15s are extremely abundant and are present throughout the social strata. My boss, dentist, and doctor are very wealthy and have one or more high-end ar15s some with good optics. My friends/coworkers and myself have at least one midrange ar15 ($1200). I also know methheads with ars with polymer lowers and. 223 barrels.
>>
>>33904053
not to mention several companies based out of FL that specialize in manufacturing 50BMG rifles, so you can kinda say they're more abundant down there than anywhere else. Should come in handy for any armor there
>>
>>33898583
.2mutherfucking70
>>
>>33898583
>being invaded
>caring about legality of overall length
thats why youre not gonna make it
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.