[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beretta cougar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cougar.jpg (50KB, 630x394px) Image search: [Google]
cougar.jpg
50KB, 630x394px
thinking about getting a beretta cougar for my first true pistol purchase. it'll either be this or a 92 compact. it'll mainly be used for ccw and personal defense. i've shot a few 92 variants and love the platform. the cougar just appeals to me because i don't know anyone that uses one.

>inb4 polymer
i prefer steel frame
>>
>>33897928

beretta couger not made any more ?
>>
>>33898047
no they gave the specs to stoeger and started designing/producing the px4. there's a pawn shop near to me that has one (beretta) that's in good condition for the same price i'd be able to get a 92 compact.
>>
File: J90C9F10_3QT_R_FT.jpg (41KB, 689x600px) Image search: [Google]
J90C9F10_3QT_R_FT.jpg
41KB, 689x600px
>>33897928
>the cougar just appeals to me because i don't know anyone that uses one.

They're not that reliable and parts availability is slim to none. If you insist on getting a metal frame Beretta, the 92 Compact is the better choice. Technically, the frame is aluminum, not steel.

You're not going to be getting anything of worth by choosing a Cougar over a PX4 Compact or 92 Compact, you'll be left with a gun of questionable reliability, quality and lack of holster options to choose from.

I carry a PX4 Compact Carry and despite its polymer frame, it shoots just as flat if not flatter than my fullsize 9mm pistols. You may want a metal frame pistol until you realize you're going to lug it around for up to 12 hours a day, every day.
>>
>>33898846
>They're not that reliable
do you have data on that? i haven't seen anything that would make me question it.
>12 hours a day
i'm going to be going back to school, and i can't carry it on campus with me. so most of the day it'll be in my truck's center console or on my nightstand.
>>
>>33898957
https://pistol-forum.com/google.php?cx=partner-pub-1059643155657546&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=beretta+cougar&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&siteurl=pistol-forum.com%2F&ref=&ss=2151j389641j14

These are anecdotal but take them for what they are. fwiw, people shittalked the PX4 for being unreliable which it isn't so I could be wrong. I would still be weary about buying it over an M9 as they are well known for their reliability and proven guns all around.
>>
>>33899027
>The quality control on my 8357 Cougar was excellent-the engineering/design had significant fleas, and Beretta never really admitted them, at least publicly. The 8357 had conceptual and operational extraction issues, and Beretta continued to adamantly insist that oil, not grease be used for lubrication, when in reality, particularly on the .40 and .357 chambered Cougars the rotating portions of the barrel where there was metal-on-metal torquing contact with reciprocal slide and barrel cam/cam track components significantly benefited from, if not outright requiring grease or something like TW25B to preclude locking up after relatively low session roundcounts (in mine, in less than 150 rounds of accumulated {NOT continuous/uninterrupted} use.

and you haven't had this issue with a px4? i only ask based on that they both use the same principles.
>>
>>33899120
I'm about 1,300 rounds in my PX4 and haven't had any issues with it. I do lubricate and grease my gun quite well. The most I've ran my gun through was 700 rounds without cleaning and it hasn't failed me then.
>>
>>33898846
>They're not that reliable and parts availability is slim to none
The cougar is still on production and uses the majority of the 92fs guts. Your reliability claim was pulled right from your asshole
>>
>>i prefer steel frame

But the Cougar has an aluminum frame.
>>
>>33897928
Just buy a cheetah 84/85f and be done with it.
>>
>>33904483
i don't want a .380, i want a 9mm.
>>
>>33898846
The, "I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll just pull words out of my ass", post.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.