[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What bullets are these /k ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: nachui.jpg (73KB, 639x1136px) Image search: [Google]
nachui.jpg
73KB, 639x1136px
>>
>>33897835
What's the diameter?
>>
>>33897835
Far right is 8mm FAMAS.
>>
I found this in Lithuania where some battle happened between the soviets and nazis. The diameter is about 0.7 but i'm going to measure it with calipers
>>
the exact diameter is 7.9
>>
File: IMG_3235.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3235.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>33897835
Reminds me of my turkish 7.92/8mm mauser(2nd rifle round from left)
>>
File: IMG_20170508_193246.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_193246.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>33897898
Does seem to be it thanks, it also has a small dent in the bottom. Do all bullets have this?
>>
>>33897913
No they don't, could be tracer? They are all definitely German but I'm not sure the shape of that one. That style bullet design fell out of favor over the spitzer during that time. Although, could be some of the surplus from the first world war as it was still very common bullet design. I bet you'd find a small diameter difference between the spitzers and that one if the surplus theory is correct
>>
>>33897938
Thanks for the info i'll compare it later
>>
File: IMG_3215.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3215.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33897913
Usually, military bullets have something resembling one of these two bullets on the bottom.
I don't have a picture of the turk bullet's bottom and I'm at work so I can't get one, but I'd guess it's something like your pic or my pic.
An extremely flat core like your pic is probably a steel core in most cases, but not in yours because yours should be rusted like the rest of it.
>>
>>33897963
The concave bit on the back is a result of being fmj. Not *necessarily* military. It comes down to how it's made. The jacket gets pressed into the shape and lead is poured into the opened part, in this case the back.

Hollow points have a solid base because the lead is poured through the point.
>>
Also one more question, All of the 18 bullets that i found weren't deformed at all, could that be because all of them were missed shots?
>>
>>33898012

I don't see any rifle marks from that pic, so it's possible there only loose bullets that didn't get to their casing.
>>
>>33897889
Probably 8mm Mauser or 8mm Kurz
>>
They all have rifling marks if you inspect them closely
>>
>>33898026

Rifling marks are miniscule from the beginning. You wouldn't be able to see them after all that time in the ground anyway.

>>33898012
They most likely missed yes and hot soft dirt after traveling a fair distance. I've also seen plenty of perfectly shaped bullets after hitting the dirt only 200 yards away. Totally depends on the velocity.
>>
>>33898041
Fact. The bigger one not so much but that does support the surplus WWI theory
>>
File: P1060510.jpg (432KB, 1322x543px) Image search: [Google]
P1060510.jpg
432KB, 1322x543px
>>33898012
>All of the 18 bullets that i found weren't deformed at all, could that be because all of them were missed shots?
Here's some steel cored bullets I fired into thick ice.
I'd suspect your bullets were steel cored or never hit any really hard targets to deform them. Humans would not deform them, and neither would a tree or bouncing off dirt probably.
Bimetal jacketed(not steel core) bullets would probably even resist deforming much if they'd had a chance to slow down much before hitting something soft like dirt and bouncing up and slowing down even more before coming to a rest.
Copper jacketed bullets tend to break/deform fairly easily.
>>33898026
I see a obvious rifling mark on the middle bullet in the OP. And a less obvious one on the left bullet.
>>
>>33897835
Spitzer rounds could be normal mauser rounds or kurz, rounded one can obviously not me kurz.

kurz rounds obviously have less speed so they might not deform as easily.
>>
File: 7.92kurz.jpg (151KB, 306x733px) Image search: [Google]
7.92kurz.jpg
151KB, 306x733px
>>33900327
doesn't look like any kurz round I've seen personally
>>
>>33897889
7.92 mm
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.