[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you practice without ear protection too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Loud-Noises-537x300.jpg (19KB, 537x300px) Image search: [Google]
Loud-Noises-537x300.jpg
19KB, 537x300px
Just curious, It seems that it would make sense to get use to the actual really loud noise your gun makes.
>>
File: 1243243214213.jpg (76KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1243243214213.jpg
76KB, 858x536px
>>33897819
>It seems that it would make sense to completely fuck up an irreparable sensory organ to get used to a situation that might happen happen once in your lifetime if you're very unlucky
>>
>It seems that it would make sense to get use to the actual really loud noise your gun makes.
not really, because the only time your gun is going to be louded than normal is if you need to fire it inside your home or a building, and if you practice with ears off at an indoor range you're just asking for quick and immediate hearing loss.
>>
No, adrenaline will handle that if the time comes.
>>
ear pro is for pussies

when wearing ear pro you pretty much look like those retarded grown ass adults who wear bike helmets while riding down a sidewalk
>>
>>33897819
>make sense to get use to the actual really loud noise
>getting used to loud noise
>aka going deaf
>>
>>33897819
Yes, because definitely causing myself life long harm to probably the most major of the 5 senses is a small price to pay for the extremely off-chance I get to actually use my ccw gun.
>>
>>33897910
>the most major of the 5 senses
Second most major, humans are primarily sight based creatures.
>>
>>33897916
>humans are primarily sight based creatures.
We're also very social creatures.
And even though I feel like sight is my #1, I've almost always heard that hearing is actually the worst to lose for most.
>>
Only when I am hunting.
>>
>>33897975

Hearing aids. Brother's deaf and he gets along with them. The ringing and stuff will be annoying and you'll have to be right in front of people trying to talk to you.
>>
>>33898633
>Brother's deaf and he gets along with them.
He might "get along" with them, but it's FAR from good hearing.
Also, a serious case of tinitus would be torturous.
>>
>>33898697
WHAT!? The beer was laced with a virus by Anonymous?
>>
No earpro when im hunting, probably a couple dozen over the years, 30-30, 270, 12 and 20g, makes my ears ring pretty good.
And most of the time when I'm shooting 22lr, 17hmr, and 22wmr in a rifle i go sans earpro and no ringing.
and of course I've shot a few mags worth of ammo through handguns over the years without it, ears ring from it.

Im not saying it's a good idea to go with out but it's not the end of the world. The ringing last for like 15min.

I take periodic hearing tests for my work at a steel mill and I always score above average, and I'm 34.
>>
>>33901176

Hearing damage is cumulative, so congrats. You know why they test hearing at your job? Machine deafness is a thing. Shooting without earpro is retarded and it is a big deal

t. anon with permanent hearing damage
>>
>>33897819
>get use to the actual really loud noise your gun makes.
Not quite how it works. You can exercise a muscle without permanently damaging it. Medical science isn't to the point where you can do that to your ear and repair it. For the time being preserve your hearing whenever you can.
>>
>>33897819
Enjoy your EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.