[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

airgun thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Girandoni_Air_Rifle[1].jpg (92KB, 1398x806px) Image search: [Google]
Girandoni_Air_Rifle[1].jpg
92KB, 1398x806px
Does anyone on /k/ hunt with air rifles? Are there any modern big bore air rifles with detachable magazines? Are there any integrally suppressed air rifles? How does your homeland regulate air rifles? Let's have an airgun thread.

>inb4 airshit

>Girandoni Repeater used by Lewis & Clark and Austrian military
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZLeEUE940

>modern air rifle dangerous past 440 yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8JYjWitz0

>DemolitionRanch having some fun with an air rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4ANd0NCQQ
>>
>>33896689
>>33896689
A cheap Gamo Big Cat from Walmart is sufficient for pest control, including chipmunks, squirrels, and woodchucks. ATF says their integrally suppressed brother is not an NFA items, b/c the can is not removable (plus it's just as fucking loud as a regular one anyway). Their utility in the USA is limited entirely to small game and/or compact urban areas. There's nothing they do that, in the US, a regular firearm can't do better. Ammo's cheaper, but given the low cost of a used .22, it'll take a long time before the ammo savings makes up for the higher cost of a decent air rifle.

That being said, if you have an out of control chipmunk and woodchuck population, and neighbors that are <100 yards away on all sides, and are -technically- in a compact urban area, there's nothing better for whittling down the problem.
>>
>>33896723
>Gamo Big Cat from Walmart
Walmart seems to only carry the .177 variant, but .22 would be more ideal for my state's (Pennsylvania) current airgun laws. Would you still recommend buying the Gamo, but online, or is there another Walmart air rifle in .22?

>Air-guns will be legal for small game in calibers from .177 to .22 that propel single-projectile pellets or bullets.

>For woodchucks and furbearers, air-guns must be at least .22 caliber and propel a single-projectile pellet or bullet. BB ammunition is not authorized for small game, furbearers or woodchucks.
>>
>>33896689
here in england the laws are ok.
sub 12ft.lb rifle and sub 6ft.lb pistol is legal for anyone, anything over that needs a F.A.C (firearms certificate)
suppressors are totally fine and from what i've seen, they come fixed on most rifles.
for storage we don't need a gun safe but it is recommended for them to be in a secure place under lock and key, some people use a bike lock and attach it to the radiator pipe.

Scotlands laws are different and i think you need a license and you have to register the gun, but i doubt many people are going to do that.

my plan is to get gud at the range, and try rabbit hunting sometime in the next year.
>>
File: fwb100.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
fwb100.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>33896723
>There's nothing they do that, in the US, a regular firearm can't do better

I beg to differ.

Pest control, especially in places where even .22lr would be overkill, like indoors, where you don't want to risk collateral damage.

Also for plinking in your own backyard, since you don't have to take an air rifle to a shooting range.

Biggest problem with air rifles in the US, is that all the best ones are european-made, and not Gamo, or Hatsan, but things like Walther, Weihrauch, Air Arms, Daystate, Steyr, Feinwerkbau. That makes them rather expensive.

pic related is my plinking pistol - Feinwerkbau 100 - an old single stroke pneumatic 10m precision air pistol.

As for >>33896689 question, there are things like Benjamin Bulldog .357, or Daystate Wolverine in .303.
>>
>>33896901
IIRC, the 1954 (or something like that) law in UK states that anyone living in UK has an obligation to control the rabbit population on their property, or at the very least fence them in.

Shame the blockheads in Poland can't get their shit together long enough to pass any kind of sensible pest control law. And that's with our Minister for Environmantal Destruction being an avid hunter (and a clicical moron).
>>
>>33896960
>anyone living in UK has an obligation to control the rabbit population on their property

i see what they mean, the rabbit population is crazy in the countryside where i grew up, every time i walk to the woods past all the farms i see rabbits in the fields outnumbering the cattle.
in someways thats a good thing, farmers would probably love it if i were to go shoot a couple every now and then. food and pelts for me, less shithead rabbits for them.
>>
File: 33-DSC00492.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
33-DSC00492.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>33896689
you can see one of those at the NRA museum inside Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO.
>>
>>33897012
I don't live in the UK, but as far as I know, the farmers don't mind a hand putting the buggers down every now and then.

There's also a grey squirrel problem: northernredsquirrels.co.uk
>>
>>33897089
i would hunt squirrel but i've never tasted the meat so i'm not too sure yet. i'm gonna have to give it a try.
>>
>>33897112
If anything you could turn them to dogfood or fertilizer or something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.