[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much capacity is enough for a concealed handgun, in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 17

File: did i shoot five bullets.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
did i shoot five bullets.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
How much capacity is enough for a concealed handgun, in your opinion?
>I think 8 rounds and up is sufficient
>>
>>33895211
As many as you can without exceeding the size and weight of what would be practical for the weapons intended use
>>
File: sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg (23KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg
23KB, 450x500px
>>33895211
Doesn't matter, because you will never get to justifiably shoot a (((thug)))

so just get what's fun to shoot while pretending movies are real.
>>
File: Conik.gif (1MB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
Conik.gif
1MB, 400x244px
>>33895211

It's just not that simple.

for a conceal carry gun there's more factors. Basically whatever the biggest gun you can conceal in your lightest clothing in a bank without worrying about it. If that's a giant fucking revolver, do it. If it's not, much like normal people, it'll probably be something like a .380 LCP.

as far as minimum acceptable ammo capacity? one bullet is infinity better than no bullet. So unless you conceal carry it everywhere, any increase in magazine capacity isn't viable. I'd certainly prefer my big ol' revolvah with it's limited capacity over some high cap double stacked semi-compact in any scenario besides carrying it all day and not shooting someone.
>>
I think 5 basically covers most typical realistic scenarios, .38 Special snubs have gotten lots of people through a lot of situations with good results.

Of course, more is better so if you can comfortably carry that then go for it.
>>
>>33895211
5 and six shot revolvers have done a good job at ending lives for a long time in plausible c&c/self defense scenarios so I'd say that's more than adequate. If you're going semi-auto most concealable single stack handguns are 7+1 or 8+1 anyways so it's kind of a moot point.
>>
I carry a Kimber 308 with 6 rounds.

there is a 99.999999999999% chance i will never use it for anything other than range time.

in the exceptionally unlikely scenario where I actually do get to use it, two rounds max is what will be used.

So my 6 rounds is plenty.
>>
File: pretty_good.jpg (60KB, 502x472px) Image search: [Google]
pretty_good.jpg
60KB, 502x472px
Six shoots is more than enough to kill anything that moves
>>
File: DC-1914-27-d-Sarajevo-cropped.jpg (451KB, 1536x1737px) Image search: [Google]
DC-1914-27-d-Sarajevo-cropped.jpg
451KB, 1536x1737px
>>33895211
Gavrilo Princip fired only two shot to kill Franz Ferdinand and his wife with a .380ACP FN M1910. this make 20 million people dead in WW1.
>>
>>33895211
Depends on the caliber and what I'm attempting to achieve in terms of CC.

A winter gun?
Fuck no, 8 is NOT enough for my primary winter CC gun.
But a warm weather CC pistol or a winter backup piece?
Sure, as long as it's 8 rounds of, say, 9x18 or .32 ACP and the gun is pretty small.
I'd love a single stack 8 round 9mm handgun that's as thin as a tokerev but with a cutdown barrel for some summer CC (and no, I do in fact know about the Zastava guns, I just want a gun that's not a Tokerev)
>>
12+ is comfy. No need for 2nd mag in most any dgu situation.
>>
>>33897473
Realistically true but carrying a spare reload or two makes for a lot of peace of mind for some.
>>
>>33895211

watch those videos at liveleak, turn safe mode off, search for robber

many of those robbers take multiple hits and either run away or keep shooting back

so as much ammo as you can conceal and want to carry
>>
>>33897264
>two rounds max is what will be used.
Yea, ok Hero... like the sickening feeling of panic and fear wont take over your entire body as you unload every bullet into the bad guy's direction.
>>
>>33897472
Crime rates rise in the summer, dumbass. If you feel like you NEED more than 8 rounds in the winter then you should feel that way even more strongly in the summer.

You idiots always base your carry choices on the biggest gun your clothing will allow. I hear this all the time. "Oh this is my summer carry." If you're okay with carrying a subcompact in the summer, then you should be even more comfortable carrying a subcompact in the winter. If anything, the summer is when you should be carrying the most capacity possible, not the other way around.

This is the mentality of people who carry a gun without actually considering why they may need it. They just want to feel cool because they're carrying a gun. And in winter they wear thicker clothes, so they get to feel even cooler because they get to carry an even bigger gun. Despite the fact they are statistically less likely to need it.

And to top it all off, in most CC draw situations, the conflict is resolved with no shots fired. Often times without even a police report.
>>
So you can 1 up revolver fags.
>>
>>33897473

This, 12 is the magic number for me.
>>
>>33895211
I've never felt undergunned with my LC9S, which I bought specifically for pocket carry and I don't carry a reload when I do carry it.

Doesn't mean I won't carry a bigger, higher capacity pistol when I can realistically do so. Sadly I absolutely 100% cannot print at work (even though I'm allowed to carry I'm a customer-facing employee and they get skeeved out) and I'm required to wear tailored slacks and a properly fitting athletic-cut tucked-in polo shirt so IWB/AIWB with a tuckable holster simply isn't an option.
>>
For compact I like to have at least 7. In winter I carry a full sized and an extra mag.
>>
I know what you're thinking, but I think I won't fire more shots than 5 so this .44 magnum, that used to be the most powerful handgun in the world, and which could blow your head clean off makes me feel lucky enough. It really does.
>>
>>33895211
Yeah no such thing as "enough." When I can get away with it I carry a Glock 26, so that's 11 rounds total.

When I need to be more stealthy I carry a Kahr pm9. That's 7 rounds total.
>>
>>33895211
8 rounds of a 9x18 is sufficient for me.

Ultimately, I think what's most comfortable for you to carry consistently and shoot accurately is sufficient.
>>
Just get a 5-7 and unload 20 rounds into the nigger
>>
File: doitfgt.gif (360KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
doitfgt.gif
360KB, 160x120px
>How much capacity is enough for a concealed handgun, in your opinion?

The exact amount my carry gun has

anything less is reckless, anything more is mall ninja faggotry
>>
>>33897817
What do you do for work?
>>
>>33895211
5-6 would be bare bones minimum to me
>>
>>33897784
So crime rates go up. That means there are more crimes. It doesn't mean that the crimes somehow "level up" with more enemies with higher HP. It has no bearing on the number of rounds fired. Unless you think you're going to get simultaneously robbed by two separate perpetrators
>>
>>33898162
>Tyrese? I was robbing this cracka!
>NO JAMAL, I WAS ROBBING HIM FIRST!
>>
>>33897784
>95+ degree heat
>skinny
>have to look like an adult (tucked in shirts, no cargo shorts)
Tell me how I can carry a full size handgun.
>>
>>33898512
You dont need full size but doublestack is an option if you uniform isnt a speedo.

T. 120lb 5'6" manlet from miami
>>
>>33895211

I would be comfortable with a minimum of 6.
>>
>>33898512

Get a good holster and belt you dumb fuck.
>>
>>33895211
2 minimum.
>>
>>33897423
WW1 would happen anyways.
>>
>>33895211
I really wouldn't want to go lower than 5. The more the better but I don't see much point in going above 15 either.
>>
>>33898120
I'm a golf pro at a country club.
>>
>>33897784
Are you genuinely mentally retarded?

The point is that during winter you can afford to conceal a bigger, more efffective handgun without dressing like an idiot. I'm not going to wear a big ass jacket during summer so I won't be able to conceal a full size handgun comfortably either.

It has nothing to do with crime rates, it's about compromise between security and comfort you sperg.
>>
>>33898992
I live in Las Vegas. I carry a full size k-frame year round "without dressing like an idiot." You idiot.
>>
>>33899016
If you CC then i envy your ability to be comfortable in high temperatures wearing lots of clothing for no apparent reason. You are missing the fact that most people are not as special as you are.

If you OC then you do look like an idiot. If that's the trade-off you are willing to make then fine, but again, most people are willing to give up a tiny bit of security in order to not look like spergs.
>>
>>33899080
The problem with OCing is less about looking like a sperg and more that you become a target. It might deter a one-man mugging team but as soon as you get three or more people or something like a robbery where the people involved know this will take longer than five minutes the opening move will be to just shoot you in the head when you're not paying attention. Guns are good money on the street too, makes you not only worth putting down for your threat but also for your payoff.
>>
>>33897794
My revolver holds 8
>>
>>33899080
I don't wear lots of clothing for no apparent reason. I wear cotton button ups. That's all it fucking takes, dude.
>>
>>33899016
Pics or it didnt happen!
>>
>>33899511
>I wear cotton button ups
>I carry a full size k-frame
In that case you are printing, maybe except when you are standing perfectly still.

Again if you are fine with that then whatever, but for most people printing defeats the purpose of CCing.
>>
File: img_1.jpg (214KB, 1200x806px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
214KB, 1200x806px
>>33895211
Max "2 shot."
>>
File: IMG_8829.jpg (89KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8829.jpg
89KB, 1200x800px
>>33899453
>Mine holds 9
>>
>>33899551
I suppose you assume I'm wearing it near 3'oclock. I carry AIWB in a kydex holster, and in anticipation of your next question, yes, sometimes the end of the barrel rests gently atop my scrotum as I sit. I see nothing wrong with small guns or the people that carry them. You are correct to say that handguns (all of them) are a compromise between convenience and effectiveness. If someone wants to carry a little .32 in a pocket, go for it. It's convenient, you can conceal it quickly, you can wear minimal clothing, all kinds of pros despite the cons. You probably won't have a patch of sweat above your crotch like I do at the end of the day. My issue is in you calling anyone that carries a full sized handgun during the summer a retard. It can be done, and it can be done with reasonable comfort.
>>
File: frames.jpg (354KB, 552x632px) Image search: [Google]
frames.jpg
354KB, 552x632px
>>33895211
it depends really. If im just going out and running a few errands im comfortable with a .380 in my pocket. If im going out to a place im not familiar with or worse, its known to have some problems ill take something a bit bigger
>Only having 1 ccw
I like to have options. And it depends on other things like weather, what im doing that day, maybe I want to try something new out. I dont recommend switching your edc up every day, but I like some variety
>>
File: 1493082936487.jpg (47KB, 999x766px) Image search: [Google]
1493082936487.jpg
47KB, 999x766px
I used to laugh at all the mall ninjas with their load outs and "what if I get into a running shootout", but now? I dont know, the way things have been going lately, not to mention I moved from a smaller town to a big metropolis I cant help but feel a bit out matched with a little single stack or .38 that I used to be comfortable with. I still carry them on occasion, but I almost exclusively carry a double stack with a back up mag. I know "most shootings end after 2-4 shots" but there are still those odd ball stories where they dont and I figure the point of carrying at all is to be prepared for anything. If this was 30-40 years ago when most pistols only held 6-8 rounds I wouldnt care, but odds are ill run into a glock or even an AK now
>>
>>33898736
kek'd
>>
>>33900379
Consider how there's a statistically low chance of things even happening to cops and take that into consideration. In that once-in-a-lifetime instance, what are you likely to run into? Most muggers are single men, not many muggers operate in groups, and gangs are restricted to territory and operate in numbers where a rifle would do you better and just avoiding their territory is best. That taken into account, the only truly random things you would encounter are individual muggers and being in a business being held up. In the latter instance doing anything is stupid, insurance will cover everything in your wallet, the business, and then some, along with being in an even crazier situation than a mugging. So the only thing that has a real chance of happening is a single mugger.
>>
>>33899906
> My issue is in you calling anyone that carries a full sized handgun during the summer a retard.
I'm not saying that, not necessarily at least.

My original point was that >>33897784 doesn't understand why people might carry a bigger gun during winter.
>>
>>33897219
>>33896529
5 and 6 shot revolvers have done well during the 20th century - when nig nogs were carrying lorcin 380s and Raven 25s

A used glock 19 costs like $300, not to mention most of their guns are stolen. Redguard are significantly better armed than they were when 5 shot j frames were a viable option. Don't be undergunned and get a real pistol for carry
>>
>>33900595
This is the only answer.
>>
>>33897716
This

You don't get to decide how many rounds it will take/ how many attackers there will be
Faggots need to man up and either
>lose weight
>wear a cover garment (large polo shirt, jacket, etc.)

You're little pocket 9 is a major compromise in shootability, capacity, and ease of draw

ANYBODY can conceal a glock 26 and an extra mag or two
>>
>>33897817
Glock 26 / M&P 9c sized gun in a tuckable appendix holster would be the ticket for you. Just blouse your polo a little at the front and you're GTG
>>
>>33899551
>k frame
>you have to printing!

You have no idea what you're talking about so just admit it.

The grip of the revolver can be very compact, especially if it's a round butt.
Obviously if he's got big rubber Hogues or target stocks it's a different thing.
K frames are actually fairly thin and svelte and were the carry choice for plainclothes officers and CCers for decades. Still outdated by modern pistols

Get fucked faggot
>>
>>33900595
Damn, that's a good point.

Reversing the ban on "saturday night specials" might be a good thing.
>>
>>33895211
>enough

Been thinking about that a lot since i started carrying a 1911 sometimes. Frankly i imagine that the best outcome in a shooting would involve no more than 2 rounds being needed per individual. Suppressing fire is a MEME and grossly negligent. You really shouldn't even consider it as a civvie unless it's the only way to keep from getting dead.

That being said, misses do happen and sometimes people don't like to go down or your bullets just don't quite hit the anatomical structure you're aiming at due to deflection. Taking 3-5 rounds to put an individual down is far from unheard of and there are many instances were people keep on trucking after more shots than that if they're poorly placed.

Accounting for this and the fact that being attacked by more than 3 motivated individuals is highly unlikely even compared to being attacked in the first place I'd like a minimum of 10rnds on tap per magazine. I don't exactly feel naked with only the 7+1 that my factory 1911 mags offer, but I do feel a little better with 12+1 9mm rounds when I carry my other EDC. While i could foresee a possible realistic situation where 8rnds aren't enough to stay safe i have a much harder time coming up with a non hollywood esq situation where i go through 13rnds without having any breathing room or cover to reload. That is without having already being poked full of holes.
>>
>>33900555
You should be carrying at least a subcompact 9 with around 10 shots on tap. No reason not to when guns like the glock 26 exist.
Now if you want to carry a glock 19 during the winter then that's fine - I agree with you if someone has the opportunity to increase their effectiveness because of more cover garments then they should take advantage of it.

People forget though that having a big winter coat on is actually detrimental as it slows your draw considerably - might be a good idea to have a second gun in the coat pocket for quick access
>>
>>33900808
>minimum of 10 rounds
>likes 1911s

Looks like a 9mm 1911 would be a good choice. Very little recoil, great trigger, great thumb safety, thin slide, and thin magazines for backup.

Wilson makes 10 round ETMs - very reliable and durable
>>
>>33900780
Maybe - but I think the writings been on the wall for years. High cap reliable 9mms can be had for very little money. Private sale through local internet marketplaces means Tyrone doesn't even have to get them from an illegal arms dealer or steal them.
Unlike 30 years ago criminals have access to just as much firepower as well paid civilians/ police do. If you want to widen the gap
>go through extensive training
>practice your draw FROM CONCEALMENT constantly
>invest time at the range
>carry a hi cap 9mm or 40 (12-15 rounds seems to be the sweet spot for concealability/ firepower)
>>
>>33900532
Actually DOJ studies using stats from 1975-1984(IIRC) indicated that your average american has an 82% chance of being the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime and 52% chance of being the victim of more than one over the course of their lives. Pretty sure crime rates are a bit lower these days but those odds are still going to be pretty high.
>>
>>33900808
>Suppressing fire is a MEME and grossly negligent

Are you fucking retarded? Please for the love of fucking God, your own safety, and most importantly the safety of other people, take a conceal carry class.
>>
>>33900840
Haha, exactly what I've been thinking. Been eyeing the ruger sr1911 in 9mm a lot lately. already have some nice holsters for a commander length and all that. Only thing stopping me is the thought that i could probably conceal something else with more capacity about as well, and that i don't have a truly tiny single stack for those days when i want to wear something that doesn't agree with a largish handgun
>>
>>33900940
Wait do you actually think that it's safer for everybody down range of an aggressor to fire at where you *think* they are or at their cover than it is to only fire when you actually are aiming at them? how does that even logic.
>>
File: chicago awoo.png (2MB, 1568x1066px) Image search: [Google]
chicago awoo.png
2MB, 1568x1066px
>>33898162
>It doesn't mean that the crimes somehow "level up" with more enemies with higher HP
Yes it literally fucking does. More heat means more niggers outdoors, and more sunlight means each nigger is more energetic and more prone to crime. This is the exact reason Chicago murder rates spike on warm weather holiday weekends and are generally high all summer.
>>
>>33895328

>any increase in magazine capacity isn't viable
>prefers a heavy 6 shot wheel gun over a light weight double stack

you are one seriously dumb motherfucker.

OP, let me lay this out for you..... in an "intense" situation, you're likely to miss. and miss a lot. like, a lot. If you're a complete moron, you'll be happy with a revolver or some shitty single stack.

If you've got half a brain, you'll carry a double stack with at least 13 rounds. That way, if you miss (read: you will miss) you still have plenty of hits on target before running dry.

can 1 bullet end a fight? yes. could it take 15? yes.

also carry a spare mag. Not because you'll get attacked by 12 ninjas, but because you may encounter a malfunctions. mag change and cycle will solve basically every single problem you can encounter with a pistol, short of a major parts breakage (your sear broke, the barrel fell off).

some of you people, like >>33896529 don't seem understand that you are going to miss. revolvers/single stacks are for fudds and dipshits that are convinced they will never miss their shots.
>>
>>33901058
Also heat makes people edgy, cold makes people depressed
>>
>>33900532
Any shooting where you don't have enough ammo is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>33900840
I was looking at the Wilson 9mm 1911s, they're actually no thinner than a poly wonder-nine. They all usually end up around 1.3" wide. In my minimal research the only guns I've seen below that are the P-10C, the Steyr A1 line, and Glocks.
>>
most bad guys are not going to stay around to see how many rounds are in your magazine after the first shot. for the few that will, 5-6 seems adequate
>>
File: 300px-FN5701.jpg (19KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
300px-FN5701.jpg
19KB, 300x204px
>>33895211

>>
>>33901070

imo preparing for the worst is an addiction and CC enthusiasts are exhibit A for this theory.
>>
>>33901082
you should also match your carry loadout to the expected level of "teens" or "youths" and "juveniles" in the area, if you catch my drift

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/BART-takeover-robbery-50-to-60-teens-swarm-11094745.php
>>
>>33901097
If we're talking about grip width, then keep in mind that thin grips can shave a tenth or slightly more off.
>>
>>33901169
The best thing to carry in places like San Francisco or NYC is a Mark 1 Plane Ticket The Hell Out Of There.
>>
>>33901215
>>33901215
>>33901215
i lol'd out loud
>>
>>33901097
Width of the slide is what I meant - 1911s are incredibly thin in this aspect.
It reduces the hip tumor some CCers serm to have
>>
>>33901142

>understanding that if in actual shooting, you will likely miss your target multiple times
>HHUURRR PREPING FOR WORST IS JUST ADDICTION DDDUUUURRRR

nigga, you dumb. You carry a gun for the "worst" situations. If you ever have to use it, you better understand that you'll probably miss half your shots, so carry a double stack.

it's not rocket science.
>>
>>33900756
What about the big round part in the middle.
>>
>>33901419
If you're talking about the cylinder then that part is in your pants anon. that's why they call it "in the waistband" carry.

Not him but TBQH in my experience a service sized revolver(ruger SS 4" with stock grips) conceals better than any compact and some subcompacts(double stack ofc). Not to mention if it does print the grip shape of a revolver is much less obviously gun like than the straight bar of soap look of an automatic's grip.
>>
>>33901322

>If you use it, remember, you'll miss half your shots and have to mag dump

>statistics say most shootings are over in less than 3 shots

Lol
>>
>>33901097
R A M I
A
M
I
>>
>>33901299
>Ccing on the side of the hip
You might as well be Ocing
>>
>>33901512
"Statistics say"

This statement means literally nothing without a source.
>>
>>33897784
I tend to carry larger calibers in the winter because people wear thicker clothes.

Summer means thinner clothing meaning I can use weaker rounds (easier followup shots, smaller and easier to conceal, and I can always carry a shitload of extra magazines because they're small.)

In short I carry roughly the same amount of firepower just more spread out so it's easier to CC.
I trust 9x18 to kill someone dead if they're wearing a Hawaiian T-shirt.
A north face coat, a leather jacket, a thick t shirt, and possibly a wifebeater?

No.
I don't trust 9x18 to that.
That's why I carry 9mm Luger for winter.

I am however looking into a revolver as an easier to CC gun with the same penetration for summer CC.
>>
LCP 380 with extended mag + 1.
I find the factory trigger to be perfect for conceal carry. The extended mag is a must have for correct purchase on the thing.
Accuracy is just ok, it will put a round on target at 20.
The handling is superb and the mag release is in an excellent location.
>>
>>33901534
The RAMI's stats still say 1.3". It's shaved-down slide probably creates an illusion.
>>
>>33901713
Thats at the grips.
>>
>>33901512

I never said you need to mag dump, you're really reaching here. It's cool. If you're the type of retard that wants to walk around with a single stack (or worse yet, a revolver), it's your ass, not mine.

I'll be happy with my 15+1 9mm that comfortably conceals at 5 o'clock in just a t-shirt.
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (303KB, 1200x756px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
303KB, 1200x756px
>>33895211
5 rounds is the bare minimum for me. It's enough to handle up to two assailants at close range. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I live in a decently safe area and expecting trouble makers using guns is very low.
>>
>>33902038
>comfortably conceals

Go into the bathroom and turn so that you can see where your EDC is on your waist line.

Lean slightly forward like you had to pick something up. not even like bending over, more like retrieving a drink from a gas station cooler at thigh height, or grabbing something off a store shelf and setting it down in your cart.

>88 88 Print print city
>>
>>33902279

>lean slightly forward

I use the "pivot lean" to pick up light objects because I work in logistics and know better than to fuck my back up.

even when I do "lean slightly forward" my t-shirt actually fits properly, so it doesn't pull up an expose the weapon. Does is slightly print when bending like that? yes. and I mean slightly. will it get me arrested? no. do people ever notice? no. if they do, will that automatically assume GUN? no, unless they're another CC guy/gal.

I don't think criminals keep a constant eye out, scanning everyone's waist lines as they lean over, and check for weapons, before committing a robbery/rape/etc.

slightly printing when I lean over is not a problem, and it isn't against law where I live. I do understand that in some areas of the country, you can get fined/jailed for printing.... but it that were the case, I'd just throw on a light, cotton button up shirt (left unbuttoned).

I often have to wear one at work to cover tattoos. it's no big to wear, even during summer months, so long as you're getting a quality made shirt with good materials that breathe.
>>
>>33897694
Now look at statistics and realize most DGU are ended in 2-3 rounds
>>
>>33902359
Didn't even realize that leaning forward like you arent doing a Quasimodo impersonation had a specific name.

Yea i mean why would anyone assume that the several inch long blocky grip shaped object under your shirt belongs to a firearm. I've concealed multiple firearms in that position of various sizes, anything that isnt a subcompact just about screams gun if you're just wearing a t-shirt and have to lean forward at all. Gravity's a bitch like that
>>
>>33902526
Source that claim with an actual study.
>>
>>33895227
yes why have a fixed limit?

if it goes to hell I want as much ammo as possible.
>>
>>33902586
Source something without liveleak
>>
>>33902526
You lost me at most.
If i wanted to roll the dice with my life, I wouldn't carry at all.
>>
>>33902568

>had a specific name

yup. pivot lean. one of the many stupid names for things you learn working for amazon

>several inch, blocky grip shaped object

nigger what kind of garbage holster are you wearing? I've got a crossbreed super tuck and when I say "slightly printing" i really mean "slightly".

keep in mind though..... I'm a very large dude. maybe that's got something to do with it?

>6"6'
>280lb

and how do you carry? i've got a buddy that rocks a USP AIWB but that shit just looks uncomfortable for sitting/driving/bending
>>
>>33902678
Calm down sheepdog. Your not 'rolling the dice'. If a mass shooting or terroist attack was the standard for DGUs, then a 30 round clipazine salt rifle is the only true answer. They arent, and most snub-noses and single stacks do the job fine. If you can or want to carry more, thats fine too.
>>
>>33902715
AIWB usually. im thinner so it's only uncomfortable if i lean super far forward or the gun as a hammer that sticks out a lot. Either way if i just suck in my stomach im GTG. I've got a bad lower back too so it actually feels more comfortable when sitting than 4-5 oclock carry. Had several holsters over the years, from cheapo galcos to comptacs and even a couple Garrett industries holsters. Your girth would probably help with that a bit, my thin build definitely means that there's a hollow space above my waist line. when standing up straight concealing anything there is easy, but lean even slightly forward and gravity suddenly decides to make a HD silhouette of anything back there.

>6'4" & ~165lbs
>i know im trying to eat more
>>
>>33901616
If ammo cost isn't a huge concern check out .327 Federal Magnum as a chambering. It's just about equivalent to .357mag power but you can get six shots out of a snubbie or SP101.
>>
>>33897362
It's enough to kill anything that moves, but not everything that moves.
>>
>>33902757
>not carrying a fully automatic freedom rifle in your duffle bag that you take with you everywhere
Wanna really be safe? pack explosives at the bottom of the bag, put a towel over them, then the rifle, with multiple loaded mags and a few boxes of ammo, another towel on top of that, then normal supplies on top of that. This is while carrying at least 4 handguns on your own body.
Say what you want but at the end of the day terrorist attacks and mass shootings HAPPEN. When that day comes you're gonna be dead, and why? Because you put comfort over safety.

Stay dead, kid.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 226x223px
>>33902815

what do you think of the urban carry? (pic related)

I've wanted to try one out. AIWB probably wont work well for a guy my size... I don't have a gut, and I do PT on the regular.... I'm just huge.

this looks like it might be pretty damn comfy for my glock 19 and work well for sitting/driving. idk.

>165lbs

at least you're not a fat piece of shit. being skinny is forgivable. being a completely out of shape blob isn't.
>>
>>33899824
in any case we're both revolverfags
>>
>>33902757
In 2017 when niggers have 30 round mags in their glocks, enough is not the amount you want.
>>
>>33902886
I've heard it's a real fumble to get your gat
>>
>>33902886
Looks stupid as fuck
>>
>>33902886
Not exactly an expert on it but i don't like the look of it. Id be hesitant to pass final judgement on it without doing more research though.

Pretty sure there's literally a GIF floating around K were somebody uses one and it launches the handgun out of it and it bounces across the floor or some shit. Looks like it would be slower, more awkward to draw, and pretty annoying to reholster with unless you unbuckled your pants. Not to mention if you were in a seated position or wear your belt nice and snug it might be difficult to get a compact sized or larger firearm past the belt in the first place.

Overall i wouldn't be inclined to trust it. Rather have something that printed a little but would definitely work. if it's getting rave reviews and you got the disposable income though then giving it a try probably wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>33901070
It's easier to put multiple bullets into a human faster with a heavy pistol. I'm sorry you have strong opinions with little understanding of what you're talking about.

I recommend studying successful CCW videos to failed CCW videos and look for clear events which support your hypothesis and discredit mine.

Surely, there's at least one video that supports your point, right?
>>
>>33902815
>>6'4" & ~165lbs

>TFW I am six inches taller than you and twice the weight

Need to fix.
>>
>>33903003
>>33903010
>>33903021

I thought the same, just curious if anyone on here had/used one that thought of it favorably. Seems like most places I look where it's just regular joes/janes, the holster makes it look like you have a raging hard boner sticking out, and is shitty to draw from.

>>33903023

>easier to put multiple bullets into a human faster with a heavy pistol

to an extent, yes. but with good technique, it's actually really easy to do with light weight, polymer frame pistols. You'd know that if you knew.... well.... anything.

>I recommend studying successful CCW videos to failed CCW videos

I have. Successful CCW shoots all involve drawing at the right moment, and hitting your target.

failed CCW shoots involved drawing at the wrong moment and/or missing the target.

more bullets = more chances to hit your target.

most shots in most firefights are misses

this isn't hard dude, and I'm not going pull up examples just so you can autistically deny what's actually been filmed.

stop trying to justify your dumb choice of a carry gun.
>>
>>33902985
How many people have gotten shot or robbecd, in 2017, with 30 round glocks outside of nigger infested areas
>>
File: IMG_20161216_164128015.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_164128015.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
>>33903109
>I can't prove anything bro dude, but you're like dumb.

I'd go as far as to duel you to prove my point.

You get your 2 inch barrel including chamber sub compact with it's extended jam-o-tronic magazine with plus p 9mm

And I get my fudd three fifty seven.

Take your bets everyone.
>>
>>33903277

>I can't prove anything
facts don't need your affirmation to be facts. stay wrong, stay stupid.

>I'd go as far as to duel you
you're getting screen capped for the next /k/ringe thread

>2 inch barrel
>sub compact
>jam-o-tronic
>+p

what in the actual fuck are you talking about? you're trolling.... right? you are actually trolling? please be trolling?

I've got a 4.5 inch barrel, and a 15 round mag that's every bit as reliable as any revolver, regardless of whatever idiotic fuddlore you've decided is truth.

I'll take my 15+1 chances to hit the target, over your 6. Also, my weapon recoils far less, has less muzzle flash, and less flip to it.

but for some reason, you have decided in the face of all logic that a fucking wheel gun is better than my wizbang9000. yeah.... you're dumb as shit.

does a revolver work? sure. will it get the job done? sure. is it smarter/better/logical to carry a pistol that holds nearly 3 times as much ammunition? yes.
>>
>>33903117
Living in a nigger, spic, or dune coon hive is the only reason you'd need to CC at all for most people.
>>
>>33903378
>being around brown people is reason enough to carry

Um...that implies most people who carry in the US are racist...
>>
>>33900689
Won't stay concealed. I'm a golf pro, need to be able to swing/work on clubs without it showing, and need to be able to have people lean against me without it digging into them in a way that they either never feel it or makes them go "oh it's just his phone"
>>
>>33903370
You lack reading compensation and should very seriously give up.

Be sure to include all mine and your posts for the context of cringe on me, okay?

It'll be great, trust me.
>>
>>33903399

not that guy, but it's just statistics anon. Black/Brown people are statistcaly far more likely to rob/rape you than any other race. They commit violent crime at a far, far, far greater rate than any other race.

Call it socio-economics, genetics, cultural differences, or white privilege. The cause is irrelevant to the conversation.

it's the FACT that minorities are far more likely to attack you, especially if you're NOT a minority.
>>
>>33903452

>talks about sub compacts, when it was never mentioned before
>thinks a heavy gun is better because it's heavy
>thinks a 6 shot is better because..... reasons he never explains
>somehow accuses other party of lacking reading comprehension skills
>says he would "dual" just to prove a point
>literally carries a 6 shot revolver

you're not trolling.... I get it now.... you're a middle age dude with a lot of stupid ideas, but totally convinced you know your stuff because you're "older". Typical dumbass fudd that doesn't know shit about shit.
>>
>>33903460
>especially if you're NOT a minority.
That's not true. Black on black crime is much higher than black on white crime. It makes a degree of sense; if a thug shoots another thug, he gets maybe 20 years. If a thug shoots a random white girl, he could get the chair.
>>
>>33903515

I worded this poorly, and you're right.
>>
>>33903399
dog breeds have variations of intelligence and temperament.

Naturally there's going to be some variation between breeds of human. Furthermore, our ability to recognize patterns and associate them with things tends to lead to racism.

Of course that's about as wrong as saying the earth is round, isn't it?
>>
>>33903502
My first post specifically mentioned sub compacts.

Congrats sunny, you've failed highschool.

By the way, duel, not "dual." You illiterate fucking child.
>>
>>33903554
Oh, okay. Glad we're on the same page!
>>
>>33903117
Idk i dont boil over stats. I personally know colored felons who drive around with extendos in their laps.
>>
>>33903596

don't you have some magnum pi to watch? who even taught your old fuddlore lovin ass to use a computer?

>spelling errors
ooooohhhh got me.
>>
>>33903740
Nah, got a paper to write. Was diddling around on my phone as I tried to take a nap, but that's not happening. So I'm brewing coffee and starting this essay.

Let's get back to the topic then shall we?

When's The last time you shot a revolver?
>>
>>33903790

yesterday. I own a gp100, model k, and a 10

and none of them put shots on target as fast a my Glock 19, VP9 or Styer M9. they're also fatter and heavier than any of those guns, and way more muzzle flash than any of the semi-autos in my (admittedly small) collection.
>>
>>33903859
Which pistol do you shoot the best with?
>>
>Not CCing a tommy gun
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.