[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sling Carry Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Three Ways To Carry.png (117KB, 1039x627px) Image search: [Google]
Three Ways To Carry.png
117KB, 1039x627px
It's been a long ass time since I've seen anything like this.

I've only ever used the American carry in pic related, but I just got my rifle stuck on a metal pole when I had to crouch under it yesterday and it knocked me off balance. What are some good ways to carry a rifle with a two point sling that allow for easy access but are also comfortable to carry for extended periods?

What do you guys do?
>>
Loop the rear portion of the sling around the grip, wear like an AR
>>
>>33893649
Thats actually not a bad idea, ill check that out. Gracias hombre.
>>
>>33893568
All of my rifles are ARs in various calibers

Left side of stock QD
Right side of barrel nut QD

If something I will only use for hunting, Left side of stock, right side at front of handguard

Carry across chest

If trekking extended period, American carry

Trekking extended period but potential to be more ready than American carry but less obtrusive than patrol/low ready African carry
>>
>>33893697
Pretty much how I have every bolt gun set up. When you deploy the rifle just wear it like a necklace.
>>
I'm a lefty but tend to sling as a righty. African style because I think it looks cool, and makes me feel like I'm a big game hunter when I'm chasing cans or white tail.
>>
File: 3-Point-Header.jpg (21KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
3-Point-Header.jpg
21KB, 500x293px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVGbYG2_u4I
>>
>>33895977
>be pfc medicfag
>shoot lefty style
>about go on extended training event
>decide to buy a sling that's not a 2 point pos
>see $60 3 point at px and fall in love
>m4 front sling mount is set up for righty
>can't make it work for lefty
>miserable for whole 2 weeks
used a 1 point for the rest of my time in the army. looped my arm through the sling and draped it across my shoulders with the butt stock resting close to my left shoulder.
>>
>>33893568
>european carry
>never seen someone ever carrying a rifle like that in Europe
>>
>>33896051
>euro
>guns
pick just one
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>33893568
>not carrying at low-ready
Do you want ambushed? Because that's how you get ambushed.
>>
File: Vero_Tactical_2-Point_AR_Trans.jpg (113KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
Vero_Tactical_2-Point_AR_Trans.jpg
113KB, 600x389px
Why not carry it across your chest with a quick adjust two point, like an AR?
>>
>>33893568
NZer here. Most people I know use American carry. Barrel snagging isn't an issue if you watch where you're going.

Euro carry seems like it would be annoying and African carry looks/feels sloppy and more dangerous than American/Euro.
>>
File: idf chicks with slung a2s.jpg (119KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
idf chicks with slung a2s.jpg
119KB, 800x500px
>>33893568
I prefer #4: Israeli carry. I own two of these slings and one of them is now on the rifle I have used to kill 90% of my meat.
>>
File: 1321643322373midway-coverpar21.jpg (42KB, 416x231px) Image search: [Google]
1321643322373midway-coverpar21.jpg
42KB, 416x231px
>>33893568
Wait, I thought this was African carry?

This isn't really useful in deep woods but on trails and garlands it's actually pretty useful and probably the quickest way to get a to aim that isn't low ready
>>
>>33893568
If I'm running an AR (coyote or range drills or autism hikes) I use a one point sling. If I'm hunting big game I use American carry and transition to low ready for brush or branches. I've found it's super fast to shoulder, I grab the bottom of the sling, let it slip off my shoulder, and let the gun swing until you can grab the stock with your left hand and then grip it with your right hand. Never had a problem doing this, and once shot a doe pretty damn quick after kicking her up out of bedding
>>
>>33896267
What sling is that? How do you produce your rifle? Does it bounce against the back of your legs?
>>
>>33896267
Haven't used a 2-point since basic, but pretty sure this is how we would sling our rifles. Only problem is dirt; either use muzzle cover or work on your awareness.

>>33896284
This is what the afghans did, and they know a thing or 2 about toting rifles around for long hikes
>>
>>33896096
is it weird that I read that in his voice?
>>
>>33896363
They also don't know much about having to clear dense underbrush. Just like nature to make the highest chance of running into a Moose or Bear also the moments you have both hands occupied trying to not get slapped in the face with branches
>>
>>33896428
Was assuming you were working under limited conditions.

If you're seriously concerned, pony up the money and get something purpose designed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuruspdE0o
>>
>>33896051
Most hunters I see in the fields here carry their rifles American style or at a kind of low ready position.
>>
>>33896415
It'd be weirder if you didn't
>>
>>33896105
This
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.