[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really scream like that when they get hit by mines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

File: Kajakis2[1].jpg (379KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
Kajakis2[1].jpg
379KB, 1920x802px
>Heli evac
>It's a mine field
>Blow stone onto mine
>half the squad get blown to shit
>ARGHGHGHGHGH
>Screaming! Lots of screaming!

Do people really scream like that when they get hit by mines?

Post footage of soldiers stepping on mines n shit
>>
File: beardrollseyes.jpg (87KB, 283x360px) Image search: [Google]
beardrollseyes.jpg
87KB, 283x360px
>>33892989
No, they're normally super chill.
>>
>>33893014
This
Nothing more relaxing then having your leg ripped off and genitals turned to paste
>>
>>33892989
Most people in that kind of a situation are in shock for the first few minutes. The screaming comes after the adrenaline wears off.
>>
>>33893082
And how do you know this?
>>
>>33893116
Obviously, he lost a leg and had his genitals turned to paste
>>
>>33892989
i think most are concosed and due to loss of blood don;t feel anything until the next day then it hurts
>>
>>33893326
So you're guessing. Hmm yeah, not gonna take your word for it.

>>33893438
This sounds about right
>>
>>33893438
This.
Your air is knockes out, and you start feeling like sleep is dragging you in. If you're unlucky, a buzzing feeling like a sleeping limb starts to happen where you lost one.
>>
I don't know man, maybe sudden violent dismemberment isn't as stressful as we thought
>>
>>33893465
>>33893438
But I broke my arm as a kid and didn't feel it until hours later, but when I looked down at it all mangled I freaked the fuck out.

Maybe its the sight of seeing your leg torn to shreds, but grown men might be able to come to terms with it quite quickly...Really do't know, thats why Im asking for footage or a soldier's account.
>>
File: KD-AFG_zpsqz3nnqqc.jpg (239KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
KD-AFG_zpsqz3nnqqc.jpg
239KB, 853x1024px
i saw a sof guy step on a land mine in a webm like last year, pretty fucked up.

squad under fire, walking through a waist high trench. lead guy steps on the mine, blast of dirty and dust, smoke clears, leg gone, other leg holding on by a thread ,shrapnel wounds all over the place pleading from every piece of exposed skin which is essentially his whole body because the blast shredded his whole kit.

he wasnt doing much but gurgling blood and grunting while the guys patched him up for med evac.
>>
>>33893498
Jesus. What board was this on?
>>
"if they're screaming, they're fine"

>my bn medic section NCO when teaching combat life saver classes.
>>
I was in Gaza in 2009 with IDF (omg j00z) and some arab civilian stepped on a IED. He was just knocked unconcious and didnt yell or anything. Im not sure if he survived tho.
>>
>>33893504
pretty sure it was here.

could have been a live leak video, not sure.
>>
>>33893504
found it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN1qDoTAp4&feature=youtu.be

poor dude had bad luck
>>
>>33893573
Goddamn. That's awful.

It sucks to think that no matter how much training and awareness you have, that there's still so much that comes down to luck
>>
>>33893573
Thankyou for the contribution. That's absolutely horrendous.

Why don't they have minesweepers in every squad ffs?!
>>
>>33893573
Also, can someone with medical experience explain what's going to the ISAF, and what the American's doing to keep him alive. I noticed the camera guy is keeping man's head from tilting
>>
>>33893641
The head so they don't fall asleep, the leg raised with a strap put around it so it doesn't bleed out, and usually a shot of morphine.

I saw this from a film I just watched actually.
>>
>>33893641
>I noticed the camera guy is keeping man's head from tilting
>>33893659
>The head so they don't fall asleep

No its to keep his airway from obstructing so he doesn't fucking die.
>>
>>33893638
most mine detectors are just metal detectors and have a million false positives. They'd have to move at a snail's pace and most of the detections would be false.
>>
>>33893735
So I guess the next option is to not have pointless wars, then.
>>
>>33893601
>>33893638
It was an ANA soldier. Probably makes a difference in training, battlefield observation and evaluation.
>>
>>33893788
Considering they were in a trench, there's shit all you can do to detect a mine, it really is luck.

It's not like, say, rolling in a convoy patrol and noticing a black patch on the road ahead or a conspicious mound of dirt on the road side
>>
>>33893806
>not having a bag full of metal bolts handy
>>
File: 51780052.jpg (139KB, 594x393px) Image search: [Google]
51780052.jpg
139KB, 594x393px
>>33893838
Protip:
Afghanistan is home of several anomalies.
>>
>>33893526
That's fucked up. That they are awake, they can still breathing
>>
>>33893641
Keeping his head turned to the side to keep his airway clear of blood, it'll pool in his mouth rather than the back of his throat and block the airway.

Tourniquets go on limbs to stop blood loss, hemostatics are filled into junctional wounds for the same purpose.

Cutting the clothes off let's them see the extent of injuries, and to apply any interventions for maximum efficiency. Tourniquets lose a lot of potential with even a single layer of clothes, much less BDUs.

Source: EMT-T for regional Active Shooter Team, and Rescue Task Force.
>>
>>33893743
Or like robot shoes with little V-shaped treads. Put gyros on the guys back and little electric probes to shock his muscles to keep him balanced. Maybe some kind of HUD that runs of blinking to control the shoes, winking left and right for direction, with a ratio of right and left winks for exact angle of turn, with two eye blinks for speed. Weight will be an issue for all the extra stuff all the trucks and helicopters would have to carry, so just walking everywhere could go about saving money on gas a a bonus.
>>
>>33893924
>>>/m/ is that way bruh
>>
>>33893855
Pic is from Iraq but I agree
>>
>>33893855
why is that marine holding a fucking ppsh
>>
>>33893722
This
>>
>>33894012
budget cuts anon, MC gets the table scraps after the bloated navy eats their fill
>>
>>33893601
You mean chance
>>
>>33894012
Story is he found one in Fallujah it being a PPSH-41 it did well clearing rooms.
>>
File: kMZkgx.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kMZkgx.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
Ive seen quite a few people step on IEDs on my first deployment. It depends on how big it is

>be muhreen
>inna clearing op
>Taliban notices that we go from waddi to waddi every day
>LOL NIGGA WE GON SATURATE DAT WADDI WITH IEDs
>thisisfine.jpg we sweep everything obviously
>find 2 dozen IEDs in the next waddis
>HAHA NOT ALL OF THEM
>Talban also notices the undiscplined ANA like to forage for firewood and start fires every time we stop
>set up small trip wire IED in firewood pile
>boom
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>run up to ANA
>tripple amp
>screaming, terp says hes begging for us to shoot him
>his shin bones are sharp, they poked my thigh
>i want to get off mr bones' wild ride
>Pedro (british) evacs him
>go to sleep
>wake up next morning
>Squad leader was sleeping next to an IED
>would have killed us all if he rolled over in his sleeping bag

2011 was a wild ride.
>>
>>33894012
He got permission since full sized rifles are trash for room clearing. They ran out of ammo for it a few weeks later. Seriously though don't expect this kind of improvisation again any time soon.
>>
>>33893806
Its called a CMD

That fucking thing they were in looks like it would have an IED in it. Should have swept the fuck out of it prior to setting up in it, then again the CMD doesn't get everything.
>>
>>33893458
If you aren't going to take his word for it, why are you going to trust another random virgins word?

Are you going to request his credentials you fucking retard?
>>
>>33893838
You can just get some out of a DFC EOD disarms

One we found had giant fucking bolts and saw blades in it.
>>
>>33893735
They really aren't that sensitive, yes you will get false hits but if your sweeper knows his shit he can tell what it is.

No matter what we would verify all hits by interrogating it with a sickle

I always wondered why the Army never got on the sickle train. A bamboo stick with a sickle on the end of it saved us so many times.
>>
>>33893573
In movies you always see some dude that will cut away his clothes and grunts from the pain. Any reason wounds or explosions would cause that or just Hollywood bullshit.
>>
>>33893659
>The head so they don't fall asleep

Possibly the best thing I've read on /k/ today lols

>>33893722
>No its to keep his airway from obstructing so he doesn't fucking die.

This.
>>
>>33893573
I thought that might have been what you meant, but the guy who got blown up was ANA, not SoF.
>>
>>33892989
Depends on the mine, how bad the trauma to the victim is, the victim's pain tolerance, and hundreds of other factors.

Guy has a chunk of his foot and most of his toes ripped off?

He's probably going to scream.

Guy gets feet vaporized, legs shredded, genitals turned to mush, blood vessels burst, and/or a collapsed lung + brain trauma?

He'll be (un)lucky to even register what's happening.

>>33893082
That's if they maintain consciousness, and even then shock can last for awhile.
>>
>>33892989

yes

watch those viet nam documentaries, a few people step on mines & really start yelling
>>
>>33894230
haven't heard of the sickle for mines. Is that just literally a sickle that you use for prodding?
>>
>>33894236
Generally speaking for any medical reason you want to know were the bleeding is so you can stop it. When you see blood you need to get to the wound. If its under his clothing then you cant pull it off lile you normally wouls. Cut that shit off and go to work.
>>
>>33894871
u waste the shirt tho and sometimes they are wearing like $20 shirts. if i ever got shot and some fuck started cutting my shirt off id go off on their ass
>>
>>33894949
3/10
some people actually think like this
>>
>>33892989
PAIN HURT, PAIN BAD

MUCH PAIN SCREAM LOUD

SCREAM UNTIL NO PAIN

i mean were you kept inside as a child in a house padded in foam? yes, human beings freak the fuck out when they experience sudden trauma and immeasurable pain
>>
>>33894120
>the undiscplined ANA like to forage for firewood and start fires every time we stop
why
are those sandniggers perpetually cold or something
>>
File: IMG_3995.jpg (76KB, 639x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
76KB, 639x587px
>>33893573
Shit
>>
>>33892989
48 replies/10 "they didn't even know what hit them" -/b/

"I can't stop sucking troll dick!" -/k/

in theaters 9/11/1911
>>
>>33893498
>>33893573
I remember this video was referenced by someone who was talking about how far battlefield medical treatment has come compared to start of the afghanistan war.
>>
>>33892989
Depends on if it kills them instantly.
>>
>>33894949
if you're mad about a $20 shirt, you'd probably aneurysm from the medical bill in the end.
>>
>>33893601
>>33893573
This is why civilized counties banned antipersonnel mines. US and Russia objects this.
>>
>>33895937
well yea, but I wouldn't put it past any nation to start using them when they get real desperate.
>>
>>33895937
>>33895972

Many modern countries have and use landmines. They have wireless Arm / Disarm codes, I shit you not and after a certain amount of time being armed, they disarm unless someone rearms them. This get's around the ban, because the purpose of that ban was so that minefields don't end up killing people 40 years later.
>>
>>33893863
Why does blood tend to end up in the airway after trauma? Lung damage? I've heard it described more often than I'd expect.
>>
>>33893573

It's important to keep a major trauma patient warm, hypothermia is an element of the triad of death. Leaving him naked like that in the cold ghan is not going to do him any favors.
>>
>>33896141

It's pooling in the back of his throat because of all the facial trauma. Heads and faces bleed a lot, looks like he was missing a few teeth too.
>>
>>33893863
>Tourniquets lose a lot of potential with even a single layer of clothes, much less BDUs.

I don't know who taught you this, but unless they're wearing three jackets, it's not an issue - at worst, you might need to give the windlass an extra turn. I'd worry more about getting a TQ on quickly than about applying it over clothing, as long as they don't have their pockets crammed full of shit that's going to get in the way - like a wallet, keys, etc.

Even if applying it over clothing isn't a 100% perfect stop of the bleed - it'll slow it far more than enough to give you time to apply other interventions, including, if necessary, applying a second TQ alongside the first.
>>
>>33894012
It's a helluva shotgun.
>>
>>33892989

They do scream. And unless those armchair generals shitting up the thread I have some proof for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEDcMYTTsk
>>
>>33897846
Eh that wasn't that bad. Both guys I know that got shot just started swearing profusely about what they were going to do to the asshole that shot them. Then they got real smug about being able to get on a helicopter instead of having to walk back to base.

All our explosive injuries were mild shrapnel and concussion injuries and the reactions ranged from "Whoa that was fun" to "Am I going to be able to shit again?" for the dude who took a golf ball sized piece of a rocket right between his cheeks.

Never once saw the kind of pathetic moaning you usually see portrayed in film.
>>
>>33895937
No they were banned because they kill indiscriminately and remain in the ground killing civilians for a long time after the wars done. Its nothing to do with how brutal they are as a weapon.
>>
>>33894286
ANA sof :^^
>>
>>33893498
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=71a_1459475997
>>
>>33893659
>so they don't fall asleep
You watch too many movies man
>>
In Croatia an English volunteer lost a foot to a small landmine. He sat there, in a hole, for an hour before he was pulled out singing to himself and smoking cigarettes. He even managed a photo of his mangled foot.

I have no idea how he took it so well, but he did. He runs a bar in the country now, and he's very popular with the locals.
>>
>>33897846
>that nigger that just starts shouting
What the hell was that about?
>>
>>33893496
>But I broke my arm as a kid and didn't feel it until hours later, but when I looked down at it all mangled I freaked the fuck out.
I did the same thing, instantly felt like some one was ramming 25 needles into my arm at the same time and it hurt like hell.

Some time it hurts a lot instantly, other times it hurt a lot the day after.
>>
>>33898494
>getting shot
>mild shrapnel

We are talking about mines and IEDs, in the sense that they rip off a limb or two. We're not talking "minor" injuries here.
>>
>>33893573
"ANA is down!"
"Call for the other medic, I'm gonna need his help"
>>
>>33894142
but everyone else did ok with 20" rifles right?
>>
>>33893573
I'm glad I didn't end up joining the military.
>>
>>33894160
>asks 4chan a question
>lol why would i believe 4chan

Yep, OP's retarded all right.
>>
>>33895108
meh, I get it, a fire is like sex when you're in the field. However, in a combat environment, obviously it's retarded. Also, this story:

>>33894120
holy shit, and kekd
>>
>>33901470
Those weapons typically result in the casualty being knocked out and or disoriented. There's a fine line of being painfully injured and yet leave them aware enough to start crying like a bitch. It just didn't happen to me at least and we had like 40 wounded in my company and several pretty gruesome non-combat injuries. The closest I saw to something like that from physical pain was a guy who fell 12 feet and cracked his femur in the mountains.
>>
>>33894012
wouldn't you?
>>
>>33899494
uh he was scared
>>
>>33901825
Rhetoric you dunce.
>>
>>33895097
Not so much from explosions. They're more of a sit down and "where am I?" "What are all these senses?" "Why don't I feel my legs?"
>>
I'm not a veteran but I can tell a story of extreme trauma from when I jumped off a tall building.

Fractured hip in two parallel lines. Broke spine. Compound fracture on right arm. Left ankle crushed. Ball pain from hell. Concussion.

JROTC was marching outside so when I woke up on the ground a few of them were next to me. One older lady was holding my left hand begging me not to look down. I didn't think my spine was actually broken so I bent over to look. Shit was fucked. I wasn't screaming though. Surprisingly not as much pain as you'd expect. I just ground my teeth and breathed hard. My balls hurt like hell though. I think I hit them hard. When the ambulance came, them moving me around and the bumpy ride really hurt. Felt like they were driving fast. I asked for pain meds but they said they couldn't do that. I wanted to sleep and rest, but the EMT dude kept saying I needed to stay awake and he would keep slapping me lightly on the face if I started resting my eyes. I did feel very tired. If they let me I think I would have liked to rest for a bit.

When I got to the hospital, the lady in the emergency room asked me if I was on drugs because my pupils were really big (or small I forget). I kept saying no (I wasn't on drugs), but she kept asking. She said it was important because they needed to know how much drugs to give me to put me to sleep. Eventually she believed me and had me count backward while I breathed some stuff in. I didn't finish the countdown. It knocked me out fast.

When I woke up I really needed to pee but I couldn't. My dick didn't work. They made me hold it for about 5 hours to see if it would encourage my dick to work. If you've never felt the pain of a full bladder from being pumped with a saline iv for over a day and half while you were unconscious, then you don't know pain. That fucking hurt and had me moaning and begging for help.

Feel free to ask any questions you want, no guarantees on an answer.
>>
>>33904904
why did you jump off a building?
>>
>>33904970
I felt like dying. Father would yell at me every day. He told me not to come home unless I accomplish certain task. Person I needed to do task, denied me because they don't like dealing with me. Task became impossible. Jumped because I didn't want to go home and be a failure to my father again.
>>
File: pepe.png (30KB, 710x577px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
30KB, 710x577px
>>33905010
>>
>>33905174
I know. I know.
>>
>>33905197
Do you? Or am I just an edgy cunt. Don't presume, and furthermore, don't care.

Because I'm just an edgy cunt. Anyway, are you crippled?
>>
>>33905234
Short answer no.

Long answer:

A week into my three month long hospital stay, a dude came in with a big book on dealing with paralysis and being mentally retarded. He said usually with falls like mine there's brain injury of some short. I think I gave him a weird enough look that he cut the visit short.

I couldn't move my legs at all for two weeks. Eventually I could wiggle them a bit. I'd say the scene from Kill Bill is accurate for me, but over about two weeks lying in bed. My spinal injury was incomplete so the nerves weren't 100% severed. The rest compensated with time and I got full movement back.

It took about 4 months until I was standing. Half a year until I could sprint short distances. Half a year until I could stop using catheters and about 5 months until I could orgasm again.

I'm slightly more clumsy than I was before, I don't think I can utilize my full leg strength, and I have this constant pins and needles from the waist down, but I can walk, play sports, run etc. I'm at 26 minutes for 3 miles right now which ehh kind of okay. I lift weights, have a good social life. So I think I'm doing better. No one ever notices unless they see the scars while I'm swimming or sleeping with them. (my dick works now, if you wondering)
>>
File: pepe6.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
pepe6.png
37KB, 658x662px
>>33905354
Sounds pretty good. Seems like there's two types after a brain injury, the homeless and those who are just a touch more motivated to compensate for any intelligence lost. The second one honestly seems like a fair trade.

Sounds like you're an alright dude. Wish you well buddy. I need to stop procrastinating before jumping off something tall starts sounding sweeter than writing this essay.
>>
File: 1489130913353.jpg (320KB, 702x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1489130913353.jpg
320KB, 702x1118px
>>33905456
Thanks buddy. Hope you have a good night. Good luck with that essay.

And don't jump off buildings! Not because you might die, but because you might live.
>>
>>33893082
Same goes for motorcycle wrecks. Usually its more of "dude is my bike ok?" than "god dammit man, I'm fucked".
>>
>>33892989
Not if their decapitated anon.

Kinda hard to hear a mute decapitated head scream.
>>
broken bones make me queasy

the worst story i've heard was a guy on /k/ talking about one of the guys in his platoon/squad getting his leg crush in an M113/Bradley/Striker back door
>>
>>33893458
Just gotta walk it off

Then your fine
>>
>>33892989
Does depend what kind of mine too as to its effects.

Bounding mine will fuck you and your buddies up in all sorts of ways.

Anti personnel mines have all sorts of main charges to either kill one, kill everyone or just blow a foot off so as to draw in as many as possible for evacuation.

Evil business

Whoever said Golf was a good walk spoiled never stood on a landmine.
>>
>>33893735
Also some m.m.m.s minimal metal mines are designed with no or as little as 1-3g of metal in them.

They are often planted around a larger payload mine to prevent defusing.

Also some coil metal detectors have a blind spot where their coils join.

Also some prong type (see prom family) can be set off by a bored or inexperienced user.
>>
>>33906276
Mine detector user that is
>>
>>33893116
because that's what happens to people in incredibly stressful and traumatic situations.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.