[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Makarov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0507-Edit_zps50447600.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0507-Edit_zps50447600.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
Which mak is better, the Bulgarian military version like pic related, or a Russian IJ-70 civilian version with the adjustable sights?
>>
>>33892263
CZ82 is best, double stack so best carry gun. Just replace with Wolff 19# springs and run buffalo bore "+p+" cast lead. That's what I do.
>>
Military version. The commercial versions are supposed to be shit quality.
>>
>>33892277
yea im planning on getting one of those in the future too (maybe in 380) but im trying to choose which 'real' mak to go with, I know the e. german ones are crazy expensive though.
>>
>>33892555
If you want a 'real' mak, then go with god, whichever version you fancy. As you know the arguably best would be East German. May I add though that 9x18 is your preferred over .380 if you carry.
>>
>>33892283
I got one of the commercial double stack one and its rockin. Never had an issue with any ammo and it is dead on.
>>
>>33892834
This. I personally have a Bulgarian and I'm quite pleased with it.
>>
>>33892263
East German is second only to Russian Maks.
All others BTFO.
>>
>>33892263
Military ones are made better.

East Germans are the best, but there's nothing wrong with Bulgarian ones at all.
>>
only somewhat related, but does /k/ think of the Polish 9x18 P64?
>>
>>33892907
East Germans are better made.

I've compared my east german to a russian. the german was much more tighter.
>>
>>33893250
Decent gun, especially for the price.

Not as good as a Makarov though. 9x18 also has some snappy recoil with it thanks to being a smaller gun.
>>
Either is fine, only issue with the IJ-70 is that the adjustable rear sight is relatively fragile.
>>
>>33893250
I own one and a CZ 82. CZ 82 is definitely superior, as is the makarov. That's not saying the P64 is bad so much as the other two are just better. CZ 82 is far more modern in ergo's and controls, and the Mak has better capacity and feel. The p64 has an ungodly DA as well.

I plan on carrying mine as a summer carry but replacing it is definitely on my priority list as a carry gun. Extremely fun range toy though, very accurate and definitely has that PPK style to it.
>>
I own almost every pistol chambered in 9X18 and I too love the CZ 82 the most. Maks come in second with the East German Being the best. If it's your first and you want a real Mak just get a Bulgarian. They are great and I own a few of these. Do Not get a PA 63! P62's and P83's are fine but the double action on the 62 is terrible and would rule this out for a carry gun.
>>
>>33892263
East german is the superior mak
>>
>>33896699
Is your p83 kinda rough when feeding? Its terribly easy to short stroke the slide on mine. I pretty much always have to slingshot the slide to make sure the first round goes into battery.

I have polished the feed ramp, it was awful when i first got it.
>>
>>33892263
The military version has a chromed bore, but honestly, it doesn't matter for a civilian in America's purposes. Both are shit guns that you will never shoot enough to wear out the bore, regardless of if it's chromed or not.

>>33892283
Literally the same gun except for the barrel and the sights.
>>
>>33898484
Did you try replacing the recoil spring? I'm not familiar with all the malfunctions Makarov pistols get, but what you describe is characteristic of a weak recoil spring on other guns.
>>
I've actually had really bad luck with mine, but I still love it. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a first pistol
>had to replace the safety because it was slipping out of the fire position under recoil
>had to replace the sear because it was slam-firing bursts of 2-5 rounds
>had to replace the mainspring because it was having light strikes every 5-8 rounds
>had to replace all the rest of the internals and the hammer because it stopped working in DA
granted all those parts were dirt cheap because there's a ton of surplus knocking around, but it was really disappointing having to do all that maintenance and parts replacement on the "AK of pistols"

it does open bottles.
>>
>>33898551
yes. it helped, so did polishing feed ramp.
>>
The P83 is kinda rough but not as rough as the P62. I replace all my recoil springs with Wolff springs and go up to the next pound available. It helps with shooting hot loads. Little harder to rack the slide but they work great. Sorry to say even all new Wolff springs couldn't help the crappy PA 63.
>>
>>33899065
they make a spring set for the p83?
>>
Yea they make them for every firearm.
>>
>>33892283
>>33892283
they are the same, the only thing thats shit about the commercial versions are the sights

>>33892263
OP get the one with fixed sights, the adjustable sights suck
>>
>>33899288
badass.
>>
>>33893250
if you have big hands they suck to shoot, you'll also want to change the spring for a more manageable DA trigger pull.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.