[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts in Wartime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 33

File: black belt.png (898KB, 1166x680px)
black belt.png
898KB, 1166x680px
So most militaries have a belt system. Does a black belt or any high level belt honestly mean someone is more dangerous in a given combat scenario (physical combat) or does the belt system represent something much more abstract?
>>
>>33888434
Just stab'em in the thigh and he'll bleed out just like everyone else
>>
File: mma will defend this.webm (1MB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
mma will defend this.webm
1MB, 224x400px
>>33888434
You should have a license to practice martial arts in public. There is no reason for your average citizen to have a black belt.
>>
>>33888434
>be me
>US soldier, infantry
>2024
>WWIII is in full swing
>breach and clearing homes in the suburbs of Shanghai
>crash through front door of two story home
>go upstairs into bedroom
>some Chinese soldier is yelling and doing poses
>tries to charge me
>shoot him
>take his black belt as a trophy of war

>be me one month later
>clearing small farmhouse
>so many rice paddies
>clearing kitchen
>martial artist gets the drop on me
>receive a blow to the head
>Kevlar shatters his hand
>receive a kick to the chest
>armor, magazines, and other shit on my tac vest dissipates all force
>shoot him

>such is life in the South China Theater
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (53KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
53KB, 848x565px
>Boxer rebellion
>Chinese know martial arts
>Chinese lose nonstop
>>
File: C3yGwFdUcAAUpwe.jpg (39KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
C3yGwFdUcAAUpwe.jpg
39KB, 583x583px
>>33888434
>has black belt
Clearly it was a favoritism. Wouldn't your tits get in the way in mastering martial arts?
>>
>>33888513
Martial art < a gun if a gun is an option.
Martial arts > nothing.
Martial arts + gun= obviously the best choice.
>>
>>33888532
Tits aren't the problem. Female culture gets in the way of martial arts more than any physical trait.
>>
I would say that teaching troops a martial art is a good way to help them get coordinated and teach them some focus and help build camaraderie. They might not actually ever need it, but training and learning it is certainly useful.
>>
>>33888434
>So most militaries have a belt system.
Not in my experience.
>>
>>33888545
>Female culture
?
>>
>>33888551
Urban environments are the perfect reason to keep teaching troops hand to hand combat. The likelihood of a hand to hand exchanged in the close confines of urban combat, especially building to building, are much greater than when pushing into urban areas. But all that said: martisl arts training doesn't win fights, combatives and proper application of fighting principles is what wins fights.
>>
>>33888511
What the fuck was the jerk for, to snap his neck? Did he kill him or did he just pass out?
>>
>>33888633
To keep the nigger off balance and off his feet.
>>
File: gutter-fighting-knife.jpg (41KB, 425x597px) Image search: [Google]
gutter-fighting-knife.jpg
41KB, 425x597px
>>33888434
See the Badass British JuDo Master, Shanghai Municipal Police officer and Marine Commando Instructor, the Father of Modern SWAT William E. Fairbairn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWSLXXdg9Bw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUdTeo7gYA
>>
>>33888597
Women are flat out less likely to do the type of intense and sometimes painful
conditioning that it's takes to be truly fight ready. Male instructors, because of social conditioning, almost always relax their standards for women and if they don't the drop out rate is massive. I'd say 1 in 20 women are actually willing to train for combat the way men are expected to. And I'm not talking about women doing the exact same training as men. Even in situations where women train only with other women, social conditioning makes it difficult for them to train with intensity. I say this as an instructor at a martial arts school that has programs designed specifically for women.
>>
>>33888633
He just choked him out, if he broke his neck the body would have been a body spasm.
>>
>>33888725
He would have been a spasm? What medical degree did you have again?
>>
>>33888733
Have you ever seen anything die little johnny?
>>
>>33888733
Never killed a rabbit by breaking its neck? Or a chicken?
>>
>>33888434
It usually means that the weather demonstrated an understanding and performance of a skill set and some standards in front of some examinators. The higher tiers of black belts means that the person is skilled enough to teach and compete at high level. Picking a street fight with such a skill is equal to wielding weapons in some places.

But really, if there are no weapons involved, the average guy is gonna get shrekt.
>>
>>33888434
This is what people who say "95% of fights end up on the ground" are fantasizing about.
>>
The problem with all these self defense programs is you can't just train people to have that 'fighter' gene. You can either fight or you can't, and most people just can't, at least not effectively anyway. Put any of these McDojo black belts against a semi-serious fighter in a street fight and watch them get lit the fuck up.

I remember having to do the US Army's Modern Army Combative Program bullshit and it was a joke. Everything is at half speed and the 'opponent' basically just lets you complete whatever throw/roll you are trying to execute. Real fighting doesn't work like that, and I'm not trying to larp as some Mcgregor type either. Unless you have a strong chin and actually enjoy real sparring you are wasting your time. You'd be better off training with a pistol at close range or something.
>>
File: turkish wrestling.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
turkish wrestling.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>when the ground game lit af
>>
File: wing chun.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wing chun.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>33888434
>Not practising superior Wing Chun
>>
>>33888725
>>33888733
>>33888774
>>33888784
Shut up both of you. Had his spinal colum not been interrupted, spamming is a good sign that means his nerves aren't interrupted(paralized/dead) so fucking chill out.

From the actual video you can tell the guy is much bigger and swings him around to make sure no one is trying to interrupt his subduing.

>be in a fight/trying to stop a fight
>flailing guy you have in headlock is looking around for people to help
>people get closer
>you swing them around a bit to keep distance
>'trying to break his neck'
wow it's fucking nothing
That is not even close to how you break a neck, that is not even close to anything but maybe whiplash you fucking NEET movie watchers.
>>
File: boxing girl.webm (530KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
boxing girl.webm
530KB, 480x480px
>>33888434
>you will never be on her level
>>
>>33888466
Did I just watch a man knock himself out?
>>
>>33888828
Sure it's great if you're fighting a cripple in a wheelchair or an autist standing still; but what about people that try to actually fight you?

>all these light strikes against someone that could perry or just straight up tackle you
good game
>>
>>33888840

That video is obviously sped up and that man holding pads could fuck her up with one hand behind his back. With the exception of a select few professional female mma fighters (who are like .00001 of the population) women will get rekt in any serious fight against a man.
>>
File: boxing.webm (593KB, 502x392px) Image search: [Google]
boxing.webm
593KB, 502x392px
>>33888860
here's a video that's slowed down
>>
>>33888860
Whoah anon no shit. But women do have things that work in their favor. Scratching screaming shouting for help in a populated area; 9/10 people who respond will instantly be on a girls side because society.

Welcome to the human race.
>>
File: 1471506531799.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1471506531799.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
>>33888840
>tfw no mma girlfriend to wrestle you down and cuddle you
>>
>>33888602
>combatives is totally different from martial arts guise

I fucking hate this. Combatives is just branding for non-traditional martial arts, many of which are just crash courses in mma with some commando LARPing thrown in.

It's basically the same as people who say submachine guns are obsolete but PDW's are perfectly valid.
>>
>>33888633
He's keeping his feet off the ground so he can't try to escape the choke. Breaking someone's neck on the vertical axis is way more difficult than in the mobies.
>>
>>33888899
Fucking this. Many types of 'training' are just bullshit to get your mind ready for a fight.

Learn to wrestle and box then go from there you morons.
>>
>>33888874
Is this a joke?
>>
>>33888802
HIGH IMPACT SEXUAL VIOLENCE
>>
>>33888910
>one specific webm of an interview while taking questions and flailing a few punches
>becomes the standard of what some anons think another abilities are
.... I'm not on her side or anything but jesus christ dude think for yourself.
>>
>>33888434
Not really OP.

For the most part combatives in the Army isn't so much to give people skills to fight in combat, as it is to boost morale and instill a fighting spirit. The fact is that a lot of top units spend barely any time if any on combatives.

The reality is time spent on combatives is better spent shooting, practicing battle drills, or doing PT. Especially given how crammed full of shit training cycles already are, there's not time to do it if you wanted.
>>
>>33888909
Boxing and wrestling is the best martial arts combination. Bjj is good to have as well. Everything after that is either a watered down variation or pure flash.
>>
>>33888910
Ronda has never been a good striker. If her coach had been reminding her that she's an olympic level judoka instead of trying to convince her she's a great boxer during training she might not have gotten BTFO so hard in her last two fights.
>>
>>33888801
you obviously never trained in your life, fighting is an skill and like any other skill it can be learned with time and practice. Of course if you only did shitty katas and reverences in a mcdojo you have nothing to do against an angry nigga on the street but if your school teaches you proper training, have recurrent spar sessions(at least once a week) and cheers you to compete you gradually going to become good to some extent, theres no such thing as the "the fighting gene" retard.
>>
>>33888654
a secondary consideration on women:

due to a woman's hip to shoulder ration, women are able to use less of the upper body strength.

That is, a woman with the same muscle mass and density as a man will be objectively weaker simply because of how she's shaped. For a woman to be equal to a man, her conditioning must indeed be superior to a man's, which is likewise difficult to begin with given that women's biochemistry promotes building fat rather than muscle due to it's use in child rearing, compared to the man's biochemistry, which promote muscle building directly.

all in all, I wouldn't even chalk "female culture" up to women's inability to fight -- it's literally an uphill battle for the woman against her very own physical nature. a competent woman fighter, because of these facts, is as rare as a male who utterly dominates in all unarmed fighting.
>>
File: not food.gif (832KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
not food.gif
832KB, 266x199px
>>33888970
you don't train to fight. you're ether born with fight in your heart or you don't
>>
>>33888892
mma gym girls are batshit crazy, never were able to gf one but i was close enough to verify that, if a girl ends in a mostly male enviroment you can be 99% that she has some issues
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493868657988.jpg (37KB, 720x701px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493868657988.jpg
37KB, 720x701px
>>33888957
>deliberately not using your legs to inflict damage
>>
>>33888801
>you can't reach people to be fighters

I know a couple people who would disagree on that
>>
>>33888801
>The problem with all these self defense programs is you can't just train people to have that 'fighter' gene.

I can agree that some people just do well in unarmed fighting naturally, but I'll disagree that fighting cannot be trained.

In my experience in unarmed combat, the key is simply knowing how to get to immediate action while under the influence of adrenaline. For those who've never experienced high-adrenaline situations (much less combat), this is hard -- their fight-or-flight mechanism is unfamiliar with the situation and locks up.

You can train fighting, but I agree that simply playing at katas is useless alone. You need to not only drill techniques, but also subject the trainee to high adrenaline situations and force them to make decisions quickly under these conditions.

Knowing how to form a reaction on adrenaline is needed for all fighting, be it with a gun or bare handed.
>>
>>33888802
is this literally gay sex?
>>
>>33888983
>you're ether born with fight in your heart or you don't

nice mysticism. does having fight in your heart have anything to do with your medichlorian count?
>>
File: images(48).jpg (13KB, 334x374px) Image search: [Google]
images(48).jpg
13KB, 334x374px
>>33889023
>>33889014
you guys know
>>
File: 1475524611621.jpg (119KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1475524611621.jpg
119KB, 500x390px
>>33888998
>muscle bound
>constantly in heat
>can pin me down whenever she wants
>finally have a girl who wants to actually roll around on the mat with me
i just want a gentle dom to cuddle me at the range guys
>>
>>33888847
He'll be ok, landed on the thing he doesn't use
>>
File: 1481365253168.png (10KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
1481365253168.png
10KB, 215x215px
>>33889059
>>
>>33888970

>you obviously never trained in your life

lol k

> fighting is an skill and like any other skill it can be learned with time and practice

Anyone is capable of learning the moves, but actually being able to use them in a high adrenaline conflict is something else. Look at the UFC for example, some of the fighters with the best records are technically pretty sloppy fighters, but they keep winning because they have iron chins and enjoy scrapping.

>theres no such thing as the "the fighting gene" retard.

There most certainly is and the fact that you think there isn't shows you have never set foot in, let alone sparred in a real boxing gym. (For example, knockout power is largely innate and can't really be trained all that effectively)

>>33889014

You can teach people some basic judo throws, but they either have what it takes to scrap or they don't. Giving people (especially women) a false sense of security because of "muh black belt" is dangerous.

>>33889035

Stay triggered
>>
File: 1476563314052.jpg (27KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1476563314052.jpg
27KB, 650x456px
>>33889163
>starved of physical and emotional contact=jew
what does he mean by this
>>
>>33889194
You build you ability to react correctly to physical confrontation through randori and then later competition in judo. Eventually you learn to deal with the adrenaline dump, retard.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>33888434
This is what they called "self-defense" in Ancient Japan. So they really need some Martial Arts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcFYdWaf_CA
>>
>>33889272
Nah dude thats some recreational sport shit. America has it too.
That is not based on actual tactics or 'fighting styles' you cringe lord.
>>
>>33889272
>3:50ish
>dude in black chokes up on his polearm to get in life-ending stabs
>dude in red says 'nuh-uh' and takes tiem to pull out knife and start attacking that way
super accurate bro at least you tried
Fucking retards roleplaying; what does this have to do with actual combat???
>>
>>33889326
The whole fucking sport is retarded.
To think an archery line WOULDNT fire on a group advancing like anything shown in this video is retarded.

It's like playing airsoft, it's all just make-believe no matter how hard you try.

Could you imagine one of those guys acting like they knew what they were doing, going from a 5lbs foam stick to a 20lbs pole-arm? Don't fucking even try it lmao
>>
>>33889303
>>33889326
>>33889358

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZuZJDFGGfg
Sekigahara 1600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=625iTKITRoA
1643 A derrota de Rocroi
European Edition

https://youtu.be/Rr7-PKJN2Dg?t=1m
>>
File: garbrandt vs cruz.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
garbrandt vs cruz.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I train MMA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZs2a1DN9bQ
Vikings Edition
>>
>>33888434
Extra THICK
>>
Trench Warfare Martial Arts
https://youtu.be/Ciq9ts02ci4?t=2m
>>
File: snapshot.png (127KB, 545x850px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.png
127KB, 545x850px
>>33888434

>Does a black belt or any high level belt honestly mean someone is more dangerous in a given combat scenario

War is REALLY dangerous, especially close quarters combat.

If you spend a second thinking about punching someone, you are going to get turned into Swiss cheese with extra holes - it's THAT quick and that brutal.
>>
>>33888654
So just do a better job raising women
>>
>>33889582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmh8D92hgn8
U.S. Army Veteran Fends Off Armed Robber
>>
>>33888909
Unironically boxing + judo
>>
>>33889585
I will. Its called an abortion. Its everyone else's job to create the women.
>>
File: hollyholm.webm (807KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
hollyholm.webm
807KB, 718x404px
>>33888962
To be fair, she was fighting someone who's a great striker and had the counter wrestling/ju-jitsu to neutralize her grappling.
>>
File: HitomiTanaka1.jpg (67KB, 452x618px)
HitomiTanaka1.jpg
67KB, 452x618px
Also based Hitomi Tanaka
>>
>>33889194
what have you trained m8? ive been involved into this kind of stuff since i was a kid, full contact, muay thai, box, bjj a little judo and wrestling and you seem to know shit about whag are you talking about less said spar or really fighting anyone

>Anyone is capable of learning the moves, but actually being able to use them in a high adrenaline conflict is something else. Look at the UFC for example, some of the fighters with the best records are technically pretty sloppy fighters, but they keep winning because they have iron chins and enjoy scrapping.
what the fuck are you talking about, big names like anderson silva and GSP have a long background on traditional martial arts and both are black belts in different disciplines, machida also did a great work adapting his Karate to the cage. also regular people can get good if they train the same way (with all what that implies) the thing is that not everyone is into that or have the time to.
>>
>>33888434
Army combatives is 100% practical. Learning how to roll in full kit, move while parts of your body are disabled, get someone into or yourself out of holds so you can get clear and shoot the fucker. Everything is geared towards reaching a point where you are safe or can shoot, there's no physical combat. Physical combat is pointless when you should always have a weapon system available to you.
>>
>>33889707
I'm aware. I'm not even saying she would have won, just not BTFO AS bad
>>
I came here for the discussion, stayed for the webms
>>
>>33888801
>Everything is at half speed and the 'opponent' basically just lets you complete whatever throw/roll you are trying to execute.
You dump truck. The objective in half-speed exercises is to build proper form and muscle memory. As the saying goes "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". Speed comes with time. Putting untrained individuals straight into full-speed, full-contact training is how you end up with maimed and dead troopers who didn't need to be maimed or dead.

Of course, observing your stupid ass, the first thought that is popping into your mind upon reading this is probably something along the lines of "Good, that breeds out the weak ones."
>>
File: 1480794000264.jpg (24KB, 302x599px)
1480794000264.jpg
24KB, 302x599px
>>33888532
>asian
>tits

pick one.

>>33888545
>culture more important than physical trait

yes, aggression is very important when it comes to fighting, but its still an uphill battle for the physically inferior fighter
>>
>>33890335
Aggression only works if you're fighting someone who's less skilled than you are. If you just try to charge in on someone who knows how to fight you're going to get your shit kicked in.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>33890361
skill can only compensate so far for strength/speed/endurance

a large enough physical disparity can not be overcome with skill
>>
File: blerbahbahbah.jpg (73KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
blerbahbahbah.jpg
73KB, 600x800px
>>33890335
not your boy, but I refuse.
>>
>>33889857

>what have you trained m8?

A little boxing, mostly for the exercise. Realized pretty quick I didn't have the right mentality for serious competition, but I still love watching boxing (and UFC) and know a fair bit about it.

>ive been involved into this kind of stuff since i was a kid, full contact, muay thai, box, bjj a little judo and wrestling

Cool story dude, I'll make sure to show respect jefe lol

>and you seem to know shit about whag are you talking about less said spar or really fighting anyone

K.

>>33890072

>You dump truck.

lol

>The objective in half-speed exercises is to build proper form and muscle memory. As the saying goes "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". Speed comes with time.

I agree with that, but at some point you have to build up to the real thing otherwise it's just McDojo larping shit.

>Putting untrained individuals straight into full-speed, full-contact training is how you end up with maimed and dead troopers who didn't need to be maimed or dead.

Also agree with that.

>Of course, observing your stupid ass, the first thought that is popping into your mind upon reading this is probably something along the lines of "Good, that breeds out the weak ones."

Nah. I think MACP is a waste, because it isn't practiced regularly enough or intensely enough to ever be beneficial. It's treated as something fun to do for PT once in a blue moon.
>>
>>33890905
>at some point you have to build up to the real thing otherwise it's just McDojo larping shit
>it isn't practiced regularly enough or intensely enough to ever be beneficial

I rescind my "stupid ass" comment. You've got your head on straightish. The reason that priority isn't given to intense martial-arts training is because, for the most part, it IS just something fun to do for PT once in a blue moon, plus if you ever lose your gun you'll be better served with those blue-moon moments than you would without them.
>>
File: IMG_31681.jpg (607KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_31681.jpg
607KB, 1200x1600px
>>33888501
>>
>>33888501
Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion
>>
>>33890817
>tfw Hitomi has a rare genetic disorder that means her breasts will never stop growing

Just like my japanese animes.
>>
>>33889194

>For example, knockout power is largely innate and can't really be trained all that effectively

This is interesting to me. Is this about fast twitch muscle or something related?
>>
>>33888434
It means they are the most dangerous force on the battlefield.

At a distance of 500 Meters, most rifleman would disengage the black belt and retreat to a safer 600 meter distance before re-engaging. Since an Average Black Belt master has a Round House Kick capable of destroying anything within a 450 meter spread.

Word of advice kiddo. If the belt is black, you better run back!
>>
>>33890757
More than you think I'd bet.

Daily reminder, https://youtu.be/DZeWdMwmdY0
>>
>>33890905
>realized pretty quick I don't have the right mentality for competition
>basically I'm too fat and lazy to put the work in so I assume that those who ARE willing to put the work in are just born that way to feel better about myself

Got it
>>
>>33891807
Don't listen to him he's retarded. Knockout power is combination of your weight, muscle, technique, timing, and shot placement. Your weight is going to determini how much you can throw at someone. you can muscle is going to determine how fact you accelerate it. Your technique is going to determine how much of that weight and muscle your effectively putting to use. Timing and shot placement are the bighest pieces though, knocking someone out requires that you cause someone head to snap sideways and bounce their brain inside the skull. Putting a shot directly on the side of the chin as theyre coming at you (using their own momentum to create a stronger impact) is probably going to knock them out, or at get them wobbly legged.
>>
>>33891935
I apologize for all the spelling errors, typing on a phone is bullshit I promise I'm not punch drunk.
>>
>>33891897

>>basically I'm too fat and lazy to put the work in so I assume that those who ARE willing to put the work in are just born that way to feel better about myself

Way to shift the goal posts.. Stay butt blasted 'jefe' lol

>>33891807
>>33891935

>Don't listen to him he's retarded.

Watch professional boxing and listen to the commentary, they talk about it sometimes. Some of the best technical boxers never win by knockout. Or go hold the pads at your local gym for a bit and watch some bean pole no training kid come in and light up the pads. Honestly you are better off going to a sports/boxing dedicated forum for more info, /k/ is mostly full of old fudds who know jack about boxing, as evidenced by this thread.
>>
>>33892232
Listen up dick brain, that bean pole is lighting up the pads because he's practiced proper technique for geneating power. He's not born with some magic "innate" knockout power bullshit.

When everyone who actually trains is calling you a retard, you're probably being a retard.
>>
Martial arts has nothing to do with belts. Belts are to hold your pants up, keep your tunic closed or to strap stuff to your waist.

Yes, a trained fighter is more dangerous. Yes, even untrained fighters are dangerous. Recent developments in close quarters combat include bashing people in the teeth with a ballistic shield. Grappling and boxing are helpful if one is disarmed and must fight to a weapon. Training for fistfights also helps to build the strength and endurance required for other kinds of fighting.
>>
File: musk[1].jpg (23KB, 455x459px) Image search: [Google]
musk[1].jpg
23KB, 455x459px
>>33889112
criminally underrated
>>
US Army Combatives is just to fill soldiers' time and make them used to being hit.

My last platoon had all the lvl 4s. They all said that it was useless as a way to fight people.
>>
>>33888434
For most "systems" belts are just your ability to memorize and perform flawless kata or forms. My favorite mcdojo story will always be my babysitter's dumbass 3rd degree taekweerdo blackbutt son when I was in middle school. He tried to pull a flying side kick on me and I literally moved a foot back and he fell down his own stairs and broke his leg.

Chances are probably 80% or so of any kind of trained martial artist will never use it outside where they train. Will their training give them some edge in a fight? If they have the brains to apply it maybe. But in real fights you don't practice your damn forms. It's not like some Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan movie.

Now on the realistic side of things there are certain things that do work and most do not. Throwing haymakers will get you slammed into the ground if you miss. Trying to kick someone while standing will get you kneed in the balls or pushed over. Straight jabs at more than a foot away will get your arm broken. Trying to grapple someone will end up with you getting body pressed into concrete by someone more than likely 150+ lbs. Uppercuts leave you open to getting hit by god damn near anything if you don't connect and it's hard as fuck to connect so you might get a foot to the nads, haymaker'd and your ribs kicked in.

Also don't try to be some Aikido badass and think pressure locks are some 100% submission secret snek shit. If you use both hands to subdue one wrist you're gonna get clocked in the ear with a fist or forearm.

Always aim to take away center of gravity and to knock them over. If you knock someone down you can kick the fucking shit out of them and unless they've been having the shit beat out of them continuously for many years you will break whatever they try to block you with with your leg/shin/foot. Then continue to stomp and stomp and stomp until they do not get back up.

t. 9 kyu Ryu Sei Ken Aikido, 1 Dan Isshin Shorinji Ryu Okinawa Te
>>
>>33894257
judo is the best martial art to practice.

grab, throw, run
>>
>>33894276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4

This except replace the memearts with the grappling of eastern hard arts. There's a reason buttgrapplers don't like to fight full contact.
>>
File: 1483737605596.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483737605596.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
>>33891877
>body builders
>strong
kek
if it was a 150lb jiujitsu 2nd dan black belt vs 250lb sophomore from the wrestling team i'd bet on the highschooler>>33891897
>>
>>33891753
Shit, that was a pretty bad blunder for all the foreign powers. They had to occupy China because of some alcoholic kung fu idiots lmao
>>
>>33888647
Defendu FTW

>smash opponent's head with rock
>repeat as necessary

easy peasy japanesey

>>33894089
I've been in judo for 14 years, still wear Gokyu green, because not from McDojo
>>
>>33894427
>people who make a career out of getting big and strong aren't strong
>the original ccent was saying that if you get big and strong enough skill can't ever beat them
>completely change the rules to a guy with at least two years of wrestling experience

So when was it that you were diagnosed with autism?
>>
>>33888983
>you're ether born with fight in your heart or you don't

t. "street fighter" who punched some kid one time in high school

>>33889194
>but actually being able to use them in a high adrenaline conflict is something else.
>UFC

You do realize that the guys who make it into the UFC have gone through ammy promotions and then local pro scenes before they got a contract from Zuffa right? And before that they likely had time on a wrestling mat in high school or college, BJJ tourneys, Judo tourneys etc.

The days of people just signing up with no prior fights ended some time between UFC 7 and 10.

So these guys have some mileage which is what teaches you to act under pressure. Sparring is a great tool, and you're right that it's not quite the same as actually stepping into the ring, cage, or on the mat. BUT, and it's a huge but, the guys you're saying are "natural fighters" have a shit ton of experience before they even get to the UFC.
>>
>>33890905
>A little boxing, mostly for the exercise.

So you don't actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>33892232
>Watch professional boxing and listen to the commentary, they talk about it sometimes. Some of the best technical boxers never win by knockout. Or go hold the pads at your local gym for a bit and watch some bean pole no training kid come in and light up the pads. Honestly you are better off going to a sports/boxing dedicated forum for more info, /k/ is mostly full of old fudds who know jack about boxing, as evidenced by this thread.

t. Ippo-chan
>>
>>33894586
i also said, yes, skill can beat superior might to a point
i also mentiond speed and endurance
lets ignore that
guy was Mr. Utha two years before the fight took place
maybe Mr. Utha doesnt have to brawn beat the black belt. hes not Mr. Universe after all
>>
>>33894351
thanks for the link pham
>>
western boxing to learn how to take a face punch

BJJ or Judo so you won't be a dinosaur

Some basic, below the waist kicks, because

Common sense so as not to ever be in a street fight. That includes not hanging out with friends who talk shit and want to get into a fight or venues where fights can break out

Ancient art of Ruh Na Wei

Tell ya what kids, worst way to end a night is spending a night in jail after a visit to the ED. Stupid, painful and expensive. Plus you're not going to get laid that night. Unless...

Happened to me once, fuck that noise. Worst time ever, especially if it's the weekend. Don't even ask about Fish Fridays..
>>
In ww2 german troops took out a the Danish headquarter using Jujitsu and not firing a shot. My father learned martial arts for military police, but I guess that's something different.
>>
>>33888860
>With the exception of a select few professional female mma fighters

And the exception of those who are men
>>
>>33891877
manlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>33888828
i did wing chung for a couple months.

this has to be a paraday or something
>>
>>33894116
Oh I get it, because he's a nigger
>>
>>33894497
>Defendu
That's kinda like waifu. I wish he picked a better name.
>>
>>33895042
>back pedal back pedal back pedal

If you literally have to be the strongest guy on the planet to beat a run of the mill bjj black belt you have over 100lbs on I'd say strength training isn't the way to go to win fights.
>>
>>33888466
Dude, he didn't tuck his head in, let alone to the correct side. What a dummy.
>>
>>33888840
She's got good strength and balance, but her hands need to com eup higher after her hits, or the first opponent with a stiff jab and a good slip is gonna rock her day
>>
>>33889011
Not when you're too busy using your legs to move your head out of the way, and to transfer all your momentum to their face.
>>
>>33889011
Sorry, double post, my bad.

But seriously, the implication that wrestling and boxing don't use your legs is obviously an amateur appraisal of the systems.
>>
>>33889923
If you're literally a warfighter, this is true AF
>>
>>33894427
>>33894586
Not even that guy, but honestly no, bodybuilders aren't that strong in a total sense, only in their realm of nothing but iso lifting.

A better example would be like the world strongmen guys, like Hafthor Bjornsson
>>
>>33889923
>Physical combat is pointless when you should always have a weapon system available to you.
Yes and no. Drilling to sharpen aggression and combat confidence (like bayonet drills are mostly for nowadays) is a reasonable training objective. Plus there's confidence in a lower-intensity resolution for those police action moments where a local needs to step off right now but shooting him will get you locked up.
>>
If gun is not available and knife is no good. Simple. Aim for Eyes, Throat, Knees, Balls and Fingers. Take out enough of those and they will not work correctly. I am aiming to fight without rules, I will do whatever it takes to survive.
>>
>>33898423
>Yes and no. Drilling to sharpen aggression and combat confidence (like bayonet drills are mostly for nowadays) is a reasonable training objective. Plus there's confidence in a lower-intensity resolution for those police action moments where a local needs to step off right now but shooting him will get you locked up.

Army combatives you get your confidence built up by being punched in the face until you get tired of being punched in the face and want to stop getting punched in the face and so you confidently stop the guy punching you in the face.

In peacekeeping activities we have shout, shove, shoot. Shove entails the butt of the rifle going into the face of the 'peaceful' civilians, we don't try to wrestle them down. If I see a SM wrestling a hadji to the ground, I'm screaming BOMB and hauling ass to the nearest concrete barrier. When they start strapping bombs to kids, we skip right to the shooting part. There is never a good time or place for physical combat unless something has gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>33888434
I know people who have been training for 40 years that are still purple belts because the school is strict and doesn't pass out black belts like party favors. unless they have been training since childhood and are currently competing, if you see a young literally who, especially a woman (pffthaha) with a black belt in something like judo or BJJ, you can safely assume they went to a joke school.
>>
>>33898394
>A better example would be like the world strongmen guys, like Hafthor Bjornsson
I got you covered, its a short vid but worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
>>
>>33899076
Here's that same guy getting his shit pushed in by a chubby no name boxer

https://youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
>>
>>33889496

i really have no idea how people lost to cruz for so long, he throws retard punches with trex arms.

I think hes just so good at mind games he gets other morons to fight them like he wants?
>>
>>33894257
>pressure locks are some 100% submission secret snek shit
desu if any Aikido guy puts any kind of emphasis on "pressure locks", he doesn't know what he's talking about. Performing them against any serious training partner (or an actual attacker) is not feasible for beginners.
On the other hand, if you actually managed to make one of the pressure locks they teach, you'd be at no risk of getting punched. But it's not worth trying unless you're certain you'll be able to pull it off.

>Then continue to stomp and stomp and stomp until they do not get back up.
Bad advice in non-war situations because you can replicate that scene in Drive. Then you'll spend your life in jail due to some guy who was mad at the bar exit.

>>33888532
I'd be more concerned about the nails.
>>
>>33888434
>Does a black belt or any high level belt honestly mean someone is more dangerous in a given combat scenario (physical combat) or does the belt system represent something much more abstract?
No.
All clean martial arts are the same.
All dirty "martial arts" are the same.

The only things that matter are athleticism and biomechanics.
>>
>>33891935
This guy's right, read Jack Dempsey's book
>>
>>33899076
>>33899509
OH no, you're right, brute force alone still doesn't win, didn't mean to imply it, I was just talkin shit about strongman vs. body builders. Body builders are more into their bodies aesthetics, strongmen have tough connective tissue and what /asp/ calls "Functional" strength

Thanks for the vids too
>>
>Implying Historical European Martial Arts isn't the best martial art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s
>>
>>33901263
Useless but fun.
>>
>>33901263
Too bad it only works if the other guy also has a sword
>>
>>33901263
>Implying Biathalon isn't the best Martial Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeYSOPb6jzE

Seriously though, cardio, and marksmanship, at the same time.
>>
>>33901281
>Useless but fun.
>As if spending your whole life rolling on a bjj mat mentally masturbating about arm-barring some guy in a street fight you will never be in is any more 'useful'.

Ya'll niggers are delusional. If you are serious about self defense being a concern than ccw (and training) is the only real answer. Everything else is just glorified exercise/fun hobby.
>>
File: western-kendo-ii-o smaller.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
western-kendo-ii-o smaller.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>33901292
I'm pretty sure if the other guy didn't have a sword I could stab the shit out of him with great facility.
>>
>>33901367
I have used Judo in real life, a lot more practical than carrying a sword.
>>
I hate mma autists so much
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.