[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't fully strip and clean his guns after each use...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault33.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault33.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>he doesn't fully strip and clean his guns after each use...
>>
>>33882490
Stripping your gun after every use is fine when you when your aim is more accurate than your gun is precise.
>>
>>33882490
6000 rounds through my AR and I have cleaned it twice.

Never had a single malfunction and the last time I cleaned it ~4000 rounds it looked nearly new inside.

Fite.Me.
>>
>>33882490
not everyone use slav shit you know
>>
Alright damn!
So I wait til the next morning, what's the big deal?
>>
>>33882530
Easy on the bottle there, Ivan.
>>
>>33882490
>He doesn't mount his chamber brush into a power drill
Smdhfam
>>
>>33882603
Barrel I could understand, but I use a toothbrush with CLP for the chamber.
>>
Why not?
It's fun
>>
A bit of carbon protects from russt
>>
Speaking as an armorer, I've seen more guns damaged from over cleaning than from under cleaning.
And you should NEVER need to fully dissemble a modern gun to clean it. Field strip it, give each major assembly a quick wipe down and swab the barrel.
>>
>>33883639
How do you see more damage from over cleaning... tards not putting parts back in correctly? How does taking everything out and coating it with specialized oil damage it?
>>
File: billboard_bore_quide_comparison.jpg (31KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
billboard_bore_quide_comparison.jpg
31KB, 500x200px
>>33883781
>>
I don't shoot corrosive, so the only time I need to clean my guns is if they start jamming.
>>
>>33884169
Man, the rifling there is non existing in the second pic, that's a drill not a ramrod
>>
>>33882490
I don't need to fully strip a Mosin to clean it.

Same with my GP100.
>>
>>33884169
i believe thats referencing muzzle loaders and even then im skeptical.
>>
>>33884169
Use your fingers or push through from the breach. God damn, it ain't complicated.
>>
>>33885366
If you've ever wondered why so many nuggets are counterbored, it's because they were mostly cleaned from the muzzle - and the steel cleaning rods didn't help any with that either.

You'll experience similar issues if you use an oversize bore brush, a cheap fake brass-plated steel bristle brush (fucking chinese assholes), a plastic or rubber coated rod (picks up grit and particles, which then abrades the muzzle), and especially boresnakes unless you're absolutely anal about pulling them perfectly straight.

>>33885383
Wearing your chamber and throat is only slightly less bad than wearing your muzzle.

Personally, I do a basic field strip of my funs, throw them in an ultrasonic cleaner for 20 minutes, pull them back out, and apply aerosol clp liberally and wipe down. Maybe every thousand rounds I'll break out the bore brush and go at it with a copper remover.
>>
>>33885431
Most of the damage ive seen from running a rod through the muzzle is the crown being completely destroyed from not having the brush aligned straight. That's a lot harder to do if you set the brush in the chamber and use that as a guide.
>>
>>33883639
>Speaking as an armorer, I've seen more guns damaged from over cleaning than from under cleaning.
>And you should NEVER need to fully dissemble a modern gun to clean it. Field strip it, give each major assembly a quick wipe down and swab the barrel.

This, punching out tight pins over and over again can loosen the holes over time. That and motherfuckers using dental picks and chamber brushes attached to power drills on their firearms and shit is barely scratching the surface. a US Army study found the same thing #1 cause of wear was cleaning rather than actually being shot.
>>
>>33885431
>>33885454
>>33885456

So what I am gathering is that it is ok to clean the gun every time but just not the bore since it seems to get damaged so often by cleaning. Works for me since I hate bore brushing and patches.
>>
ok anon I'll take apart my FCG after every 300 round range trip, definitely worthwhile and helpful.
>>
I'd let her strip and clean my penis 2bh
>>
>>33882490
I'd field strip her, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>33886132
She's already stripped. It's okay because she breathes through her skin.
>>
>>33886165
I'd cock her hammer, if you know what I mean
>>
>>33886108

I think the takeaway is most of your gun's daily routine should be cycling ammunition. As with people, an active gun (with a good diet) is a healthy gun.
>>
>>33885431
>especially boresnakes
How are those bad? I've used those for many years and never had any problems with em. Are you referencing like, pulling the string at an angle and having the brush tilt inside the barrel or something?
>>
>>33882490
My eyes feel like they have been shredded to pieces looking at all that ALIASING.
>>
File: 1488126276156.png (396KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1488126276156.png
396KB, 1832x2366px
>>33882490
>He doesn't re-sharpen his firing pin after every dry fire session
>>
>>33886183
I'd BANG her, if you catch my drift
>>
File: joosten rivets.jpg (235KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
joosten rivets.jpg
235KB, 2048x1364px
fully stripping your gun wears it out faster than shooting it does.
>>
>>33888510
So what, it's better to have all that residue n' shit sit on all those surfaces to slowly corrode it?
>>
File: joosten eyes.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
joosten eyes.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33888550
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.