[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas masks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: getoutofherestalker.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
getoutofherestalker.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
Has anyone used a GP-5 with mildly long hair? I just bought one on ebay and I'm not sure if it will fit well. Pic semirelated
>>
>>33882140
just from rumor alone I've heard that it's unuseable
there is a reason they all shave their head in the military, this is one of those reasons.

just get a czech m10m for cheap its like less than 15 dollars, bulky though
>>
>>33882818
God damnit, I liked its stalker looks. I was going to cut my hair anyways so I'm probably gonna get it. Thanks /k/omrade
>>
>>33883101
It's the best looking mask and trust me its better in person.
good luck
>>
>>33883165
Should I get new filters? Because I'm not really that into dying of lung cancer right now.
>>
Are there any gasmask that work with glasses?
>>
>>33883188
as long as the filter isn't past 80's and damaged you'll be fine

they stopped using asbestos a long time ago, just to make sure it's a bad idea to use broken filters anyway.
>>
>>33883224
tons do
I know that pretty much every american military mask has inserts that can accept lenses
the jews make some good masks that work with frames so check out some of the israeli ones.
>>
>>33883260
so filters for the m10's need to be before the 80s?
>>
>>33883260
How do I know if the filter is past '80s?
>>
>>33883316
>>33883318
I think I phrased it wrong
I meant that they've been using fiberglass in place of asbestos since before the 80s

assuming you don't want exposure to asbestos it would be wise to pick a filter that has been made since then

but honestly just buy one from ebay, they're like 10 dollars a piece.
I'll be doing some more research and give you guys an update on which filters are good to go.
>>
>>33883476
Thanks man, it just seems like such a huge gamble, and when I finally feel I'm getting some headway for what is or isn't good, someone says something different that contradicts it
>>
>>33883476
I'm getting new filters then, thanks man
>>
>>33883522
if you want my personal opinion I think its mostly misinformation
there are some people who say all filters are dangerous
some say its just the russian filters cause
>LOL ASBESTOS CHEEKI BREEKI
I would ignore most of it. Asbestos has been known to be harmful for a long time now so I would make a safe bet that even the Russians aren't that cheap. lol
>>
>>33882140
cut your goddamned hair. problem solved.
>>
>>33883540
I think I'm going to stick with the filters without asbestos just in case
>>
>>33882140
I bought a GP-5 and had slightly shorter than shoulder length hair at the time. It was far too small for me.

Also GP-5s come in sizes from small to large, but good luck finding a sale description that actually tells you what size any particular mask is. Basically you just roll the dice.

The one I received was a medium, so it is conceivable a large would have worked. Hope this information is helpful over /k/'s usual rampant speculation.
>>
>>33883654
I actually had no problem, the guy I bought it from Ebay had this chart where you just measured your head and knew what size your head was
>>
>>33882140
>Has anyone used a GP-5 with mildly long hair?
I have, my hair is down past my shoulders. If you tie it back in a ponytail it will be fine.
>>
>>33883694
Well that should certainly help a lot. You could always go up a size if your hair makes the fit a problem.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (37KB, 567x389px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
37KB, 567x389px
>>33883654
Here's the chart, I dunno if its of any use to you buy here you are anyway
>>
>>33882140
get a haircut hippy
>>
File: getouttahere.png (525KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
getouttahere.png
525KB, 604x453px
>>33883101
>>33883806
> I was going to cut my hair anyways
read the thread faggot
>>
What do you think of the Israeli masks you see everywhere?
>>
>>33883600
>>33883536
>>33883522
I went on ebay and if you trust my judgement I would go for a gp7 filter
too many people say that the gp5 has asbestos according to one laboratory in the Netherlands (which no one has a source for mind you, its all rumor) So I can't assume it's safe

the GP-7 or ГП-7 (as it is written on the filter) is safe. It's the newest production filter that is currently used by the Russian military.
But again I can't verify anything because all the webpages offering information just turn out to be
>LOL ASBESTOS GUISE DON"T BUY TRUST ME
and since I don't know that much russian I can't find any credible sources from reputable people.

but here's a youtube video from some nerds that supposedly confirm no asbestos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTrSQlYjvsA
be warned it's a terrible video. It is entertaining
>>
>>33883877
they're regarded highly by basically everyone, they're fine
>>
>>33884154
Thanks mate, I haven't bought the filters yet so I'm getting the GP-7 instead of the old ones
>>
File: gas mask guide.jpg (1MB, 3500x1629px) Image search: [Google]
gas mask guide.jpg
1MB, 3500x1629px
>>33884154
now gp-5 and 7 are referring to the filters and not the masks correct? I also forgot to mention I have this chart here, but it doesn't seem to list gp-5 and 7
>>
File: slavstactical.jpg (333KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
slavstactical.jpg
333KB, 960x639px
>>33884321
lol that chart is pretty innacurate
the m17 pork chop is actually the Czech m10 filter I was talking about earlier
it doesn't make the whole thing inaccurate and most of it seems to be true
I'm pretty sure the swiss filters contain chromium but I can't be sure, just a rumor I've heard. The rest of it is a good assessment, israeli filters are good and all nato filters are fine except for the ones listed.

and yes the gp5, and gp7 are the names of the filters
using gp5 for the name of the mask is actually a misnomer but no one cares anyway
>>
>>33884321
http://www.militaryclothing.com/czech-gas-mask-filter-m10-2pack.aspx?id=22607-627625&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6LXIBRCUqIjXmdKBxZUBEiQA_f50Pm9_s5EdGprA5UoymLa0iHcpg8OfQ1TuJO9qUqQT3AgaApjv8P8HAQ&ad=75080675429 dont know if link will show up, but Czech M10/M10M safe?
>>
Asbestos is only harmful if the layer itself is broken into powder.
>>
>>33884427
yes
they are safe

let me give you the quick rundown
difference in between m10 and m10m is that the m10m has a drinking straw and exhale valve on the front of the mask instead of the bottom. The filters are fine. There are two types. The ones packaged in one see through plastic bag are made of fiberglass and are only suitable for aerosols such as mace, pepper spray, and cs gas. Its designed as a riot control filter. The ones that can protect against nuclear, biological, and chemical particulates are the ones which are bagged in a foil and then plastic packaging they look like this.

Also note, it is a clone of the us m17 and variants but the filters are NOT compatible because of the different ways the masks handle exhaling. The eyes and outsets are also bigger on the m10 than the m17.

they're pretty comfortable in my opinion but the filters are a pain to install. It takes like 2 mins.
>>
>>33884442
ding ding ding

Because even if you break that seal on a regular filter you would breathe in the fiberglass that they use now which would be just as bad. Of course fiberglass is terrible to breathe in and would warrant a trip to the ER (not much they could do though). It wouldn't cause cancer the same way asbestos would but if you breathed in enough fiberglass I doubt you would even want to live at that point.
>>
>>33884476
Can the foil plastic bagged ones be used for the same shit as the other ones? Like if i have filters packaged in foil can it still be used in tear gas?
>>
>>33884515
Of course
>>
>>33882140
cutting your hair is good sometimes
>>
>>33884522
good shit cause i just bought the M10M before looking at this post and am relieved to see that they're safe.
>>
>>33884515
yeah they're both good
the only difference is that instead of limiting the size of particulates that can flow through the filter like the fiberglass ones do the activated charcoal/activated carbon absorbs any contaminants that aren't air or water.\

by the way if you're looking for one I would unironically recommend Bud K
they have the cheapest filters and masks
>>
>>33884555
>Bud K
ironically i actually bought it from there.
>>
>>33884598
yeah and my dumbass was in such a hurry to get it before the special offer expired that I forgot to enter the promo code
>>
>>33884633
ummm same, i was unaware there was a promo code.. almost googled for a promo code when i saw there was a box there, but fuck it was so cheap i don't really care... only 28$ shipped, I got the one with the filters
>>
File: gp-5.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gp-5.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
>>33882140
gp-5s look way too much like those weird fetish gas masks
>>
>>33884676
what a coincidence
it i s the weird fetish mask
>>
>>33884676

Probably because they're the same damn thing.
>>
>>33882140
>>33883101
Put it on from the back of the head first. This works for me and seats the mask much more comfortably than having the rubber hood slick your hair back.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.