[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manurhins, do they really deliver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0741sm.jpg (915KB, 2061x1546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0741sm.jpg
915KB, 2061x1546px
Hello fellow /k/ommandos. Lately we’ve had several Manurhin threads.
Excellent finish, really nice, accurate, may be Best Revolver blah blah. Etc..
But how accurate are they really?
We’ve seen the pictures of the GIGN guys with their scoped Manurhins with bipods. Is this really worthwhile? The proof is in the pudding I guess.
What’s the setup here Anon?
A 6 inch Manurhin MR73, with the barrel factory drilled for scope mounting.
A rail CNC machined by my local gunsmith.
Warne 1 inch permanent scope rings.
Weaver Classic Handgun 1.5-4x20 LER Dual X Gloss Scope
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (112KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
112KB, 1753x986px
So what did you shoot with it, at what range, and how did it do Anon?
Due to lack of ammo, only this was shot:
.357 magnum 158 grain FMJ, Sellier & Bellot, ten shot groups
Range: 100 meters, indoor range, with a sandbag as a rest. No Ransom Rest.
Result: Last and best group of the day: 5 inch at 100 meters.
>>
File: unnamed2.jpg (111KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed2.jpg
111KB, 1753x986px
No, not hiding any holes underneath that revolver.
Does it deliver? Yeah, this is just about what Manurhin claims.

The coming weeks I’ll get some other ammo, and do some more shooting. Stay tuned anon, and post your own groups in the meantime!
>>
bump because man-ruin
>>
fucking 5 moa revolver
>>
>The proof is in the pudding I guess
The proof of the pudding is in the eating

Now learn to shoot better or borrow a ransom rest because any revolver that isn't shaving lead and has properly sized bullets is very capable

That being said, thanks for actually doing some shooting and putting in the effort instead of making shit up and spewing theoreticals
>>
>>33878886
Do better anon.
>>
the gun has to shoot a 3.2 MOA group at 25m to get out of the factory.

you are probably loosing a good deal of accuracy at those ranges by using S&B

I'm guessing you're from europe, where the fuck do you get pistol scopes nowadays?
>>
>>33878886
kek, about as good as an AK then.
>>
>>33879746
with an 6 inch barrel, and the worst ammo available
>>
>>33879717
At 25 yards is the thing. 158 grains is going subsonic before it hits 100 meters, plus these are FMJ.
I've got lighter rounds ordered up, including some Geco hollowpoints. We'll see what those do.

The scope?
opticswarehouse.co.uk
>>
>>33879764
No, worst ammo is Privi.
>>
>>33879786
I concede
>>
>>33877704
While appreciate the content my aspergers requires that i point out a couple things about your test set up

>1 revolver
>1 kind of ammo
>tested at 100yrds
>ammo will pass below speed of sound at this range, seriously degrading accuracy.

interesting though
>>
>>33879775
wouldnt loading some heavy 180 grains do the trick at long ranges?
>>
>>33879827
Well, 100 meters was actually the point. The French use a (longer barreled) version of the Manurhin at those ranges.
And once I get different kinds of ammo I'll post results. But Dutch Eurofag, gunshops aren't as thick over here as in the USA, so I take the ammo that I can get.
>>
>>33879843
looking at the loading data, speer 180 or 200 grains, loaded to just below 340 m/s would be an interesting test.

what the fuck are the silhouette guys shooting?
>>
>>33879843
Not sure. I'll probably get in trouble with the scope, it's already close to the limit of elevation, 180 grains will make for a really curved trajectory.
>>
>>33879891
I dont think lighter ammo will help, they wont be supersonic at 100m anyways
>>
>>33880039
Well, I'm looking for a box of Geco Hexagon, their .357 magnum load is 180 grains, but unless I order up a box of 1000 I can't find it in any gun store nearby.
And 1000 rounds is a lot just to prove a point. Shit's expensive, yo.
>>
>>33880155
get a press m8
>>
>>33879505
Huh, only ever heard th eshort for of the pudding thing.

And yeah, part of the problem is me. But as you said, it actually interested me enough that I'm going out and doing this thing, rather than just being a tactical mallninja online.

Frankly I wish more people would post results here.
>>
>>33880202
Eventually, yes. I just haven't been into revolvers that long yet, and I didn't see the point for 9 mm. Getting the Manurhin was a bit of luck rather than the result of extensive searching.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.