[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RMR / Micro dot general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1000x738px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1000x738px
Is this thing worth $400?
>>
Can you club a hog to death with it? Yes. Else, no.
>>
If you have an ACOG but still want some ability to perform CQB with your rifle, yeah.
>>
File: p5137171.jpg (41KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
p5137171.jpg
41KB, 650x650px
>>33877361
Get the slav knockoff for $200 on Kalinka.

If it's half as nice as the pk-A Aimpoint-ski that the Russians make, it's going to be a steal.
>>
I have one on my fnx. Now I want to put one on all my pistols.
Is the $400 no-battery one necessary? Doubt it but I'm not mix-matching my collection now.
>>
None of these red dots are worth the $400-$800 these companies ask for. It's just another example of the firearms industry charging way to much simply because they can.
>>
>>33877361
is your mom worth of my dick OP?
>>
>>33877361
If you want a seriously tough reflex sight that'll never, ever need batteries AND you have a lot of disposable income, then it's awesome.

If you want something a bit more down-to-earth, look at the Burris FastFire 3 for less than half the price ($188 on Amazon right now). Not as robust as the Trij RMR but it's still a good and very compact sight and if it ever does break for any reason, Burris will fix/replace it at no cost.

Many of the "budget" reflex sights offer lifetime warranties, but almost all of them are fly-by-night Chinese companies that close up shop every few years, change names and reopen under a new name the next day so they don't have to honor the warranties. Unlike a lot of those scammy shitty chink owned companies Burris is big enough that it'll actually be there if you have to warranty it.

The downside: It doesn't have a fiber optic light gatherer so it does need batteries. If you want trijicon-like durability you'll need to add the $60 steel armor mount that protects the sight.

Also, I don't think their QC is as good as Trijicon. I'd estimate maybe 2-4% of the Fastfires break in the first couple months use because of some kind of manufacturing fault. Honestly that's not a bad percentage as optics go, but if you're going to get one, put it through hard use for a few sessions to be sure yours is going to stand up to field use, before you depend on it for your life.

The Burris is easy to use, includes a sunshade and has nice features, including an option to let it auto-adjust the brightness of the dot using a tiny light sensor on the front. The regular model includes a very low profile Picatinny mount, but other mounts are available.
>>
Whats the story on holosun? Seems liek Nutn and Carl like them I almost feel burned spending 400+ on an Aimpoint pro
>>
>>33877361
Imho no it isnt. it's probably worth like 300 but Trijis are always overpriced. they say trijicon on the side and they tend to have very good durability/QC. If i was looking for a range toy or anything other than an extremely hard use optic id probably just go with a vortex. Good products and a no questions asked return/repair policy.

>>33879086
IIRC they're a chink company but not a bad one. seem to have a moderate following with budget minded types. been a little curious about them lately myself, seem to have some interesting reticles.
>>
>>33877361
>Is this thing worth $400?
From a technology and material/manufacturing cost standpoint, absolutely not.
From a you would have to make it yourself otherwise standpoint, probably worth it.
>>
File: GrizChick2.jpg (224KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
GrizChick2.jpg
224KB, 1000x750px
What's a good micro red dot for a shotgun? Don't want to pay for a RMR (expensive as fuck up here in Canada), and I don't really want a T1 style round tube optic. I was thinking Vortex Venom, but I'm not familiar with low and mid tier optics, and I don't want to put something too expensive on my $400 Chinese 870 clone.
>>
>>33879833
Tldr; im a cheap piece of shit leaf and want a cheap piece of shit red dot. Duct tape a toilet paper roll with some plastic wrap on the front and use a red sharpie
>>
>>33879086
They're usable red dot sights with an some interesting features like motion-activation and solar power. I'd totally buy one if I had an extra fun, range gun that needed an optic but if I was going to hunting, jumping out of helicopters, etc. I'd just stomach the price and buy an Aimpoint.
>>
>>33879833
>>33881993
The Vortex microdots are pretty damn good. Dot clarity has been better than anything Trij has ever put out and on par with Docter and Leupold Deltapoints. Battery life is middle of the pack, but so is price tag.

Just be aware that Vortex's "unconditional transferrable lifetime warranty" DOES NOT cover electronic components, so if it shits the bed past the [I think 5 year] warranty period you're stuck.

I have their Venom red dot, bought it about 2 years ago, and it's been solid so far.
>>
>>33882061
And of course now that I said that about their warranty, I looked it up. They've changed it to include their red dots. They must have a lot of faith in them.
>You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
>>
>>33877361
Get the see open all night sight.
It's half the cost.
>>
>>33882061
The only reason i'm considering the RMR is the fiber optic/tritium factor. IF Vortex made a FO mini dot, there would be no question in my mind. Vortex is my choice every time they make some version of what I'm looking for.
>>
File: 8inch870.jpg (409KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8inch870.jpg
409KB, 1280x720px
>>33881993
RMRs look cool but they have their issues. I would go for aimpoint on anything serious, but it's a Chinese 8.5" barreled shotgun. And something in the 300-400 range isn't cheap, it's just mid tier. Suitable for a gun that's meant for fun.

I DON'T want a cheap piece of shit optic because shooting buck and slugs through the little beast is punishing and I want something that won't fall apart.
>>
>>33879086
I can't speak to their mini reflex sight, but their t-1/2 style optic is excellent for the price, on par with Primary Arms. From that I can deduce that they're good quality at an affordable price.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.