[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M5AB G11'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Looks Good Does Shit All.png (211KB, 700x264px) Image search: [Google]
Looks Good Does Shit All.png
211KB, 700x264px
Speaking purely from a technical standpoint, would it be possible to integrate the G11 loading system into the M5AB Halo AR?

Assuming the ammunition is indeed caseless, it could have the computer closer to the user, also possibly being similar to the Halo Shotgun ammunition loads for compact effectiveness.

And it would adopt the extremely fast burst-fire mechanics of the G11, applied to outmatch the BR55 series production, thus benefiting production resources for fictional UNSC authorities.
>>
File: G11.jpg (43KB, 556x298px) Image search: [Google]
G11.jpg
43KB, 556x298px
>>33876467
not really following what you are saying. are you asking if you could have the magazine on top of the receiver? and i'm not really following how you're burst fire mechanics benefit UNSC production.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0dmGeE4MI
>>
>>33876493

Yes, I guess a magazine on top of the receiver would actually be a simpler option, but assuming you want the capabilities G11 can express in burst fire I'd imagine you'd apply the same mechanics, or similar.

Burst fire mechanics wouldn't outmatch production, the assimilation of rifle mechanics could.
New ammunition for loading process would functionally match 7.62x51mm AR standard and BR standard 9.5x40mm. Add the burst fire of the G11 (~2100 rounds per minute) and you've got two rifles in one.

This costs less to produce, generally speaking, and would work well for UNSC Marines, ODST's and SPARTAN equipment platforms.
>>
>>33876512
ok so let me get this straight you're asking if you could design a new rifle chassis/frame that would facilitate a new rifle round that combines to pros of both the 7.62 and the 9.5. then have two different variants where one is a high rate of fire burst marksman rifle. is that what your asking?
>>
>>33876544
Not entirely.
Facilitate new rifle round to a newly adapted frame similar to the old model, then add the G11 functionality of having a burst fire setting at extreme rounds p/m as well as fully automatic.
>>
>>33876734
i mean yeah, it would be more practical for production. essentially what you're asking for is rework a g11 with a digital round counter and compass; but it's a video game dude. i mean i'm a fan of halo lore and all, but it's not like every tidbit of technology is believable.

do you really think that a 60 round box mag of 7.62nato is practical? that's 3.5 pounds of ammo strapped to the rear of your rifle. and it's a round that produces some considerable kick at 900 rounds a minute. that's some serious muzzle climb.

from a technical standpoint, none of the weaponry of halo are believable for use by the enduser.
>>
>>33876467
Why would you want to do that? Canon wise, the assault rifle is chambered in 7.62x51mm real fuckin nato. Why ruin it with kraut space magic? If anything, you should focus on building a real halo assault rifle for today's use, think of all the good you could do with that.

Fun fact: the smg up until halo 5 were caseless. Halo 5 was when the smg was chambered in a cased round.
>>
>>33876467
>>33876512
>>33876734
dude ive seen actual autists get their point across better than the cluster fuck you seem to think passes for pontification
>>
>>33877079
They rechamberd it to 5.7x28mm.
>>
>>33876880
Time to nerd the fuck out, we need calcs on energy sheilds, and why Brute Plate Armor behaves EXACTLY like energy shields.
>>
>>33876880
Haven't most UNSC soldiers undergone some drug use like steroids? and a Spartan would easily be able to use the M5AB
>>
>>33879521
ODST's are peak human, and Spartan 1's are semi-superhuman. Spartan 2's are full superhuman, with 14 year old kids bitch slapping Starship Trooper armor 30ft. With Mk 5 or 6 armor? They can flip 60+ ton tanks with no problem.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.