[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7.62x39

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: wolfammo.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wolfammo.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
What kind of 7.62x39 round does /k/ like? I am looking to buy some bulk ammo online and have only tried tulammo. Do these rounds have a negligible difference unless I pay a dollar a shot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGtkwZPNks&t=2s
>>
tulas the worst new production ammo, if your gun eats tula congrats it can eat anything. theres a decent step up in consistency with anything else.
>>
>>33874398
As far as what functions, my Polish kit eats everything short of literal fecal matter.

However accuracy wise I've yet to get anything but RAS to turn anything more than MOA of say, 1' or worse.
But that's just shitty manufacture and not having a zeroing tool.
>>
>>33874430
That's good to know. I was thinking about ordering 500 rounds of brown bear from sportsman's guide. And the tulammo was being shot out of my yugo sks. I did have maybe 3 failures to fire out of 300 rounds and 2 of them were because the bolt wasn't going all the way forward (fixed now not the ammo's fault).
>>
>>33874545
>>33874398
Spend the extra couple bucks on Golden Tiger, find it on SGammo

best steel case x39, boat tail too

http://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger/500-round-half-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-russian-ammo
>>
>>33874564
I should add that its even cheaper than sportsmans guide, so its a no brainer, youre welcome OP
>>
can't remember which, tulammo or wolf, but one brand shat its red primer seals all over the inside of my AK last time I used it

was a bitch to clean out

find some cheap surplus METAK crates they dig out of a trench in east europe every so often, much better stuff
>>
tula is just fine, you could mix it in a bucket of wpa, wolf, and red army standard and you probably couldn't tell the difference
>>
also if your AK can't eat tulammo you need a new AK
>>
File: hatred.jpg (100KB, 960x554px) Image search: [Google]
hatred.jpg
100KB, 960x554px
>>33874593
Armscorp does that shit.
>made where people drink their piss
>Philippines
>>
>>33874398
>What kind of 7.62x39 round does /k/ like?
I'll only touch golden tiger.
>Do these rounds have a negligible difference unless I pay a dollar a shot?
No. But it still doesn't hurt to find out exactly what your rifle likes best. Test different stuff.
>lacquer coating superior to polymer for storage and rust prevention
>sealed from the elements at both bullet/primer ends for max possible storage life, plus the superior lacquer coating
>very consistent velocities for cheap steelcase(online tests I've seen)
>actually reaches advertized velocities from 16in barrels(look for MAC's chronograph test on youtube, wolf was clocking in 300fps slower) I can't speak for bear/tula etc off the top of my head, but I know I've seen tests on youtube on how they do on different barrel lengths
>large air pocket in front of bullet, and it yaws very fast and stays that way from what I've seen
>longer bullet than a lot of others, so yaw is more effective since more surface area
>bullet shape offers better ballistic coefficient, so it decelleratres more slowly in flight
>GT has very little to no muzzle flash from even a 16in barrel
>it's noticeably more accurate for me
>>
>>33874398
I use brown bear very often.
>>33874564
GT isn't as good as people make it out to be, it's a meme.
>>
File: 2-carasam2051b_1.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2-carasam2051b_1.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
What about these memesters? I ordered a thousand for a beater I picked up.
>>
>>33876995
>GT isn't as good as people make it out to be
Until you shoot a living critter with it and it's yawing potential becomes obvious.
>>
>>33876995
Depends what your looking for. Rob Ski is doing chrono tests on various ammo brands. Golden Tiger has upper end velocity but the loads arent consisitant. Turns out Brown bear is consistant by combloc standards, but it slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGtkwZPNks
>>
>>33877022
According to the doppler, it sucks, bad. If you are shooting for groups this stuff will frustrate you. If your banging steel targets and cardboard bad guys you may not notice.
>>
>>33877183

Noice. Perfect, then.
>>
>>33876974
Whats the lacquer coating like? Is it ok for use in stripper clips?
>>
>>33877906
It's just smooth almost like a tempered glass phone screen. IDK why it'd matter for stripper clips vs anything else.
It'll wear off from the stripper clip if you practice with the same set of 10rds a ton of times like I did when I got my first 762x39 clip fed gun, but it takes a lot. I repeated till I felt that I was an expert at it. Plus, I wasn't able to shoot at the time, so that was my main interaction with my gun, practicing that for hours.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.