[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol for Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1459471084419.jpg (21KB, 141x204px) Image search: [Google]
1459471084419.jpg
21KB, 141x204px
Hey /k/, what's the best "cheap" pistol I can buy used or new, for carrying while traveling a very long distance on foot (don't ask).

It has to be lightweight, cheap, and reliable.

So far I'm leaning towards a Taurus 709, but I really want to find a used NAA 4" Sidewinder.
>>
>>33874303
glock
>>
>>33874311
By "cheap" I mean less than $250.
>>
>>33874403
hipoint then
>>
>>33874303

Hipoint. Go to pawnshops and pick up several for 50 bucks a piece.

Ice a nigga and then throw them into the trash.
>>
>>33874303
lcp .380
>>
>>33874403
A second hand glock.
>>
>>33874463
>29oz
Thanks anon but my first criteria is being light weight. That's why I listed the Taurus 709 and NAA Sidewinder in my OP.
>>
>>33874502
pick 2
a gun that works
a lightweight gun
under 250$

your not getting all 3
>>
>>33874471
Oh shit I thought those would be more expensive. Any personal experience? How's the trigger?
>>
>>33874303
Anything surplus and chambered for 9x18 makarov.

Cheap ammo, cheap guns, small, lightweight, and because of the caliber still very manageable for their size.

Another bonus comes in the they have an excellent little carrying case that includes an extra mag and a cleaning kit usually.
>>
>>33874403
M&P Shield has some good rebate deals right now. If you're not in a hurry, check Palmetto, they usually have them on sale.

KelTec PF9 is another one, just make sure you run it for a few hundred rounds to work out any quality control issues.
>>
>>33874303
>while traveling a very long distance on foot
Hiking a trail, Anon?
>>
>>33874525
Better than a fucking Taurus
>>
>>33874600
Yeah, something like that.

>>33874535
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I go shopping around the gun stores and pawn shops in my city.

>>33874594
I need the gun within 2 weeks, so I'll check out the PF9, hopefully a used one that's already been broken-in, to save money on buying ammo.
>>
>>33874403
.38 Spl revolvers, EAA Windicator, Most used pocket .380s, Keltec PF9, SCCY, Used Khars, Used Glocks...
>>
>>33874661
>I need the gun within 2 weeks, so I'll check out the PF9, hopefully a used one that's already been broken-in, to save money on buying ammo.
Should be able to find Shields locally too, might be within your budget used.

For CCW, I have a clip draw clip on the PF9 and I put the Shield in a Blackhawk A.R.C. IWB Holster number 63, which I like because it is ambidextrous, draw angle adjustable, and has adjustable passive retention. For open carry while hiking or CC under a big jacket, I use the SERPA holster.
>>
>>33874750
The thing I like about the PF9 with the clip draw clip is that I can carry it in-waistband no matter what I'm wearing and it carry's with a very, very low profile.

Whatever you get, make sure you keep it cleaned and oiled while you're sweating all over it. The longest lasting gun oil l've used is MPro 7.
>>
>>33874771
>>33874750
Thanks anon, the PF-9 with a draw clip seems like the perfect option for me.
>>
C'mon, gimme the skinny. You walking across the border, Paco? Or maybe you're one of those filthy maple niggers trying to steal our syrup.
>>
>>33875081
Nah mate, nothing untoward. You might see me in the news in a few months, though.
>>
>>33875152
I can see the headlines now.
>4chan autist gleefully gives ammunition to the Brady Bunch and Feinstein
>>
>>33875152
>Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to the trails in the next few months if you are in the northwest.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.