[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Minnesota, as a Minnesota resident over the age of 21, can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.gif (363KB, 2196x2196px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
363KB, 2196x2196px
In Minnesota, as a Minnesota resident over the age of 21, can I legally hand cash to another Minnesota resident, and in return receive an "assault" rifle or handgun, without filing any paperwork or taking any other steps?

I know that I can do so for a non-"assault" style long gun. I am specifically wondering about "assault" rifles such as AR15 or AK, and handguns.

I ask because on a gun laws webpage, it says that "A handgun or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon" requires that the purchaser has a handgun transferee permit, carry permit, or files a transfer report. However, it is unclear if this applies to all transactions or only transactions involving an FFL.

Thank you.
>>
>>33871651
There is nothing against the private sale of any firearm in Minnesota if the buyer is of legal age.

>"A handgun or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon" requires that the purchaser has a handgun transferee permit, carry permit, or files a transfer report.

That's for anyone that is going through an FFL.

Though as a seller it's a good idea to see their carry permit or permit to purchase and that it is current to sell to them.
It's not 100%, but it's one extra thing to make sure you're not selling to an underage banned or a felon.
>>
>>33871651
I sold a handgun to a buddy of mine who got it confiscated due to a ND in an apartment. (no one got hurt because it was a .410 judge.) But the cops called me up to confirm I sold it to him and there was no problem. They never asked to see a bill of sale or anything.

He did have his permit to purchase though. So take that into consideration. Be careful, just because you've been friends with someone for years doesn't mean they aren't a fucking moron.
>>
Thanks guys
>>33871721
>Though as a seller it's a good idea to see their carry permit or permit to purchase and that it is current to sell to them.
It's legal to purchase a handgun without these permits as long as it will only be used on private property or wilderness, and never carried in public outside of a locked case, correct?
>>33871805
I apologize if this is a stupid question, I'm new to guns. What is ND?
>>
>>33871651
Just go buy an AR in Wisconsin where they don't have any stupid faggot permit to purchase laws.
>>
I'm almost 100% certain you need a bill of sale.
Sounds shady as fuck just straight up trading cash for gun. Even if it were legal I wouldn't want to be in that kind of situation.
>>
>>33872004
Negligent Discharge.

I'm also from MN like a lot of people form /k/ for some reason. You technically need a Permit to Purchase and/or a Conceal Carry License. Just get the latter and never worry about it again.

>some source info

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/Pages/firearms-permit-to-purchase-transfer.aspx
>>
>>33872022
It's legally required to be a resident of the state in which you are purchasing, right?
>>33872043
Don't private sales normally involve just cash for gun?
>>33872160
>link
Thanks, but it doesn't specify whether that's required for private sales or only FFL sales.
A few people ITT have given conflicting info as to whether or not such a permit is needed for private sales. Does anyone know for sure?
Maybe I'll just get a concealed carry permit anyway, but I don't expect to ever carry guns on me, just have at home for emergency and take to wilderness for practice shooting, so I don't really have any need for a carry permit.
>>
Oh one more question
According to http://www.gunpermitcenter.com/resources/transfer-of-a-firearm
A private sale of an "assault" weapon requires an FFL be involved. According to several people on /k/ including the first post ITT, that's false.
Does anyone know for sure on this?
>>
>>33872271
>Under Minnesota law, handgun transfers involve any sale, gift, loan, assignment or other delivery to another person. If you possess a valid Minnesota permit to carry a handgun, that permit constitutes a permit to purchase. You don't need to apply for a separate permit to purchase.
>handgun transfers involve any sale
>any sale

Reason you technically need it.
>>
>>33872004
>It's legal to purchase a handgun without these permits as long as it will only be used on private property or wilderness, and never carried in public outside of a locked case, correct?

Where do you get that from?
>>
>>33872310
It says that all sales are considered transfers, but it does not say whether or not all transfers require transfer permits.
>>
>>33872043
A bill of sale will establish a chain of custody, but if the guy signs it as Samuel Clemens and you never check the permit to purchase to make sure he actually is that guy, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>33872337
>Where do you get that from?
Because I've read on /k/ several times that there are no requirements for private sales of guns in Minnesota, and it is my understanding that in most states including Minnesota, a permit is not needed in those situations (private property, wilderness, or in a locked case for transportation). Am I incorrect?
>>
>>33872271
>It's legally required to be a resident of the state in which you are purchasing, right?

A gun shop in Wisconsin will sell an AR to you with a Minnesota ID.
>>
can I purchase a firearm legally for a friend as a gift in minesota? or is that a straw purchase? I wanna get my no guns friend a Berretta. but if I can't I wont :(.
>>
Fuck all these inconsistent sources. It looks to me like private sale of a handgun or assault weapon does not require any permit or anything else but I can't see anything that says for sure. What the fuck.
>>
>>33872375
But from what you said you think that if you private purchase a gun you can never use it in defense or hunting.
>>
>>33872359
Well yeah I suppose I was just thinking when he signs it have his permit next to it and snap a cellphone picture of it next to the sales thing
>>
>>33872375
From what you said the second time, if you are at a gun range and are participating in shooting, you can carry a loaded firearm in a holster, however certain ranges do not allow for holster carry unless you have a permit.

There are exceptions for carrying a firearm for hunting obviously, but I do not know if it also pertains to a handgun, in Minnesota only certain calibers are allowed for hunting and even are limited in certain zones.

For transporting a firearm the gun has to be unloaded or cased unless for your personal protection with a carry permit.
For Minnesota the weapon must be cased where it is fully clamped or zipped, or in the trunk.
>>
>>33872666
I wouldn't want someone with a copy of my ptc that isn't an ffl
>>
>>33872770
yeah this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.