[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remington MSR - Bolt Action Precision rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Remington MSR.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Remington MSR.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
What is /k/'s opinion on the Remington MSR and bolt action precision rifles?
>>
My view is that they are bolt action and precision in nature.
>>
File: nice_meme_idiot.png (109KB, 379x286px) Image search: [Google]
nice_meme_idiot.png
109KB, 379x286px
>>33868163
what?
>>
>>33868179
Nigger.
>>
File: 7877135.png (20KB, 669x542px) Image search: [Google]
7877135.png
20KB, 669x542px
>>33868187
>>
Build your own. It's more cost effective to buy a barrel/action/chassis and assemble it yourself than to buy an entire weapon.
And don't skimp on the scope.
>>
>giving shekels to jews that didnt fix faulty triggers

Nope.exe
>>
>>33868146
First off, that's a XM2010 which is a Remington 700 in the new chassis. You can tell the difference between the two by the shape of their bolt. 700 has a round bolt while the MSR's is polygonal like in pic related

Second, SOCOM dumped the MSR after adopting it as the PSR because they used barrels made by another company in the trials/testing and the actual Remington factory barrels weren't accurate enough so they ended the PSR contract after a few rifles.

They're running another competition for an Advanced Sniper Rifle because the MSR's accuracy didn't live up to what was advertised
>>
>>33868146
They are precise
>>
>>33868146
I personally wouldn't own one. a metal chassis for a bolt gun is kinda redundant and heavy for a weapon only you'd be using. it makes sense for the military though. people beat gear to hell. the weapon would be changing hands every 2-3 years, so it would make sense to allow the system to be customized to shooter's preference.

kinda makes me wonder if NATO is actually ever going to declare official specs for either .300wm or .338lapua. even if they did trials for a precision/long distance round it'd be nice to see the development for one.
>>
>>33868146
Remshit
>>
>>33868146

Wouldn't bother with Remington.

Prescision rifles in general are fun, but whatever floats your boat op.
>>
are the military's remington rifles as bad as the civilian ones?
>>
>>33871902

Fuck no. Remington actually care about their mil contracts so put more effort in. They don't care about selling crap to fudds.
>>
>>33868146
Remington really has gone down the tubes. Bolt action precision US military rifles only exist in the form of the M24 and M200.
>>
>>33871207
>McMillan A5 3lbs10oz before any pillars or glass
>Whiskey 3 4.1lbs folding

Wow really makes me think

That you don't know what the fuck you are talking about

Fuck off retard
>>
File: 1024px-061019-A-7603F-151.jpg (135KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-061019-A-7603F-151.jpg
135KB, 1024x680px
>>33872942
half a pound makes a big difference when you're having to free hand your shot. kinda makes me feel like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>33873110
yes heavier guns are better and easier to stabilize especially when ur breathing heavily from running
>>
>>33873132
what about having to stalk a potential threat for a period of time with no rest. hold 16.5 pounds for 30 minutes aiming a point. take a break rest for a few hours and then hold 17 pounds for 30 minutes aiming at the same point. a half pound more weight is going to fatigue you more than you think.
>>
>>33873173
if u gonna be there for 30 mins aiming at something then use the bipod or something
>>
>>33873204
>see pic at
>>33873110
>>
>>33873223
they should just flip that bed frame over and use it as a prop
>>
>>33871902
yes, as >>33870851
said the rifles they delivered for actual contract couldn't maintain the same level of accuracy as those used in testing. SOCOM dropped the MSR/PSR because of this and just issued a solicitation for a new multi caliber sniper rifle.
>remshit
not even once
>>33872808
t. CEO of remshit
>>
>>33873223
That's a fucking photo op, not actual combat chucklefuck.

No gear, guy on right isn't even wearing armor, not to mention with him being a spotter, where's his rifle? Guy on left appears to be wearing something between half assed and whatever they could find at the time, marksman and snipers typically wear pads, knee pads especially because if you're going to be sitting weird, best do it where you won't be so fucking stiff that you pop your joints when you book it out of Dodge, completely exposed from three sides for better lighting obviously, and no, if they had to take a shot at someone, they'd have flipped the frame for a rest and concealment.

You blatantly know nothing, and it very much shows.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.