[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strong Europe Tank Challenge 17

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1448228215705.jpg (2MB, 3760x2502px) Image search: [Google]
1448228215705.jpg
2MB, 3760x2502px
can we have a thread about this?

with the participant of Ukraine and France, this year SETC look really good

unlike last year, the Leopard dominated every thing, this year we have the King of Combat-leClerc and a competence crews from a Soviet State
>>
Ukraine would BTFO everybody
And Russia is better at tanking than ukraine
so Russia would win SETC if participated
>>
>>33866715
>so Russia would win SETC if participated

Microcosm of vatnik thinking in a single line.
"Russia would dominate X if it actually did X."
>>
>>33866737
Logic is too hard for burgers
>>
File: 1422910556870.jpg (1MB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1422910556870.jpg
1MB, 1536x2560px
>>33866715
>Ukraine would BTFO everybody

implying any Ukrainian could out tank this sexy mother fucker
>>
>>33866766
Russia dominates everyo-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20
>>
>I'm a stronk european tank who needs no abrams!
>>
>>33866627
will there be livestream?
>>
>>33866852
sadly, no

they are just combat training, not a tank race like the Russian one
>>
>>33866839
Laughing in freedom intensifies
>>
>>33866860
Shame.
Well have fun guys Im out.
>>
>>33866627

I wish they invited the Zimbabweans just for fun.
>>
>>33866838
Buh buhh muh jews btfo soviets
Cry more baby
If Ukraine will take 1st-3rd place russia would win SETC without any effort
>>
>>33866715
>tank thread
>2nd post
>russboo already makes it clear for everbody what an insufferable faggot he is
Gee, i wonder why russians have such a bad reputation around here. You can only wonder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOULWaU4W4
Ukraine at SETC
>>
>>33867238
>russia winning anything
>cant even win their own competition without rulebending and borderline cheating
Good one.
>>
Really looking forward to it. It's high time we participated in something like this.
>>
>>33867461
Are those Oplot super tanks?
>>
>>33868446
Nah, those are T-64BV
>>
File: KV-1_Kirovsk.jpg (743KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KV-1_Kirovsk.jpg
743KB, 1600x1200px
>>33866737
Americans are just mad they could never produce a finer tank still to this day
>>
>>33866627

Where did this "king of combat" meme for the Leclerc come from anyway? I don't recall the Abrams (or any other modern western tank for that metter) ever getting penetrated on the frontal upper armor by an AT-5 with a KIA.

Has it even encountered another tank yet?

Looking forward to seeing how it does in Strong Europe though. Its speed and good fire control should allow it to rack up a very nice score.
>>
File: KV-2.jpg (137KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
KV-2.jpg
137KB, 1000x693px
>>33868524
>not posting the weapon to surpass the metal gear
>>
>>33868554
Yeh, about that, the missile did not, in fact, penetrate. My source is solid. The shockwave of the impact threw away spalling and pieces of the inside part of the episcope. That's what killed the driver and wounded the TC.
This new piece of information is consistant with the picture of the impact (we don't see a hole through and through) and with the fact that no system was damaged inside.

Also, it's worth noting that the Emiratis' version still uses the Serie 1 chassis armour... which we upgraded with the Serie 2 and now XXI.

But in any case that "king of combat" meme sounds rather stupid.
>>
>>33868618
how many Leclercs does the Emirate have now?
and are they using them in combat on a regular basis?
>>
>>33866627

>No Russia
>No China
>Eurofaggotry everywhere

Nope
>>
>>33868661
At least there are different tanks, russian one is basically only t-72 devirates or rip offs.
>>
>>33868630
The initial contract was for 388 of them. How many do they really have, I do not know. They deployed between 80 and 100 of them in Yemen, and they do use them.
Apparently the Emiratis are more often in the frontlines than the Saudis. Take this with a grain of salt however : they are very, very secretive and censor pretty much anything. They don't readily share with us that much.

What puzzles me is the lack of pictures/videos of the Houthis blowing their stuff apart.
>>
>>33868693
or maybe the Emirates are trying to be competent?
that would be a surprising novelty
>>
>>33868732
As counter-intuitive as it might sound... luck and censorship can't account for all.
>>
>>33868680
Even better is the fact that for the Russian tank biathlon, they drive T-90 and T-72B3, while the "visitors" drive T-72B. The Chinese brought their old Type 96 rather than the Type 99.
>>
>>33868618

I'm certain the Leclerc has a spall liner to prevent exactly that situation.

Or if I'm reading this right, the spalling came from the periscope, so shards of glass and shit.
>>
>>33868837
Pretty much, yes.
>>
>>33868732
>or maybe the Emirates are trying to be competent?
>Emirates are trying to be competent
>Emirates
>competent
Short story from a long time ago

It was in 1999, during Kosovo, the emiratis sent some Leclercs in France aboard ships, they were supposed to travel by train to Italy and then by road to Kosovo. 15 tanks exactly were being sent away.
When they arrived in France in Toulon the emiratis first did buy stuff from the port's mess. Essentially beer. Lots of beer they paid for with packs of bills. To the point there wasn't a single beer pack available on base anymore. The poor lady in charge of the small shop on base never saw so much money of her entire life.
Later the Emiratis realised the Denel G6 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer they also brought weren't able to travel by rail since they were way too large and high. Because reading specs of the transport you're going to use is hard.
Later some emirati fell from his Leclerc tank already onboard some train-wagon and open-fractured his leg, letting a pool of blood on the ground. But beware ! No kuffar was allowed to step in the blood of the screaming dude, since it wasn't halal, which made the paramedics work even harder.
And then it was call to pray, out of 200 emiratis, 5 got their carpets and began to snackbarring. The others just slurped their beer, complaining there wasn't anymore.
Among discussion topics in broken english, the fact the emiratis leclercs had vocal commands was impressive for some frogs. When they asked why, the emirati commander calmly explained it was because most of his men couldn't read this solution was considered.
Finally, the train loading was completed, the G6 stood on the dock for the entire time of the deployment, and the 15 tanks left alongside other stuff.

Don't ask me how I know about this, I won't tell you.
>>
>>33868959
They don't have vocal commands. They have vocal alerts, same as ours.
However, most of the switches etc have pictograms on them instead of text for the reason you told.
>>
>>33868618
Hi FF!
Concerning the XLT hit by ATGM, the dart is directly resposible of the shattering of the episcope's bottom prism.
The blast meme is totally stupid.
>>
>>33868959
You're the guy who broke his leg?
>>
>>33866627
Bongs taking part?
>>
>>33869108

Nope, m8 !
>>
one thing that confuses me is, apparently Romanians will also appear at Euro Stronk, but I haven't heard anything about tanks, else we could see some funky selfmade t55s

>>33869108
apparently no bongs this year

Poland, Austria, Ukraine, France with Ger&US as organizers
>>
>>33868959
Er...
The digital voice on the XL is a basic feature from the get go (even the french prototypes had it). The UAE illiterate crews just resulted in the adoption of pictograms on the control panels. The driver's main visualisation control panel had to be a ccd display in order to display arabic letters and display video feeds (even if they still don't have rear camera).
>>
>>33866627
>Strong EUROPE Tank Challenge
>Ukraine
>US
??????????????????????
>>
>>33869122
>>33869126
Shame, bongs got some fine tank crewmen
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.