[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any strange weapons/firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: gyrojetmkii.jpg (166KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gyrojetmkii.jpg
166KB, 800x600px
Does anyone have experience with these? This one is the Gyrojet MK II. My father found one at a gun show back in the 80's. Bought it with a bunch of spent rounds and one live round. The TL;DR is that these were developed in the 60's as cheap, lightweight alternatives to conventional firearms so they could be distributed among South Korean fighters during the Korean War. This never went through of course, and they're long out of production. Here's the wikipedia page if anyone's interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet#Gyrojet_MkII

(Image is google, not mine btw)
>>
>>33866576
Correction, Vietnam not Korea.
>>
>>33866576
>he has possession of a gyrojet pistol
pic w timestamp pls

There was a /mu/fag who made a big splash here by inheriting one of these from his dad (along with a shitload of other awesome guns). Otherwise, no.
>>
File: 1456929146779.png (88KB, 278x242px) Image search: [Google]
1456929146779.png
88KB, 278x242px
>>33866576

>Explaining Gyrojet to /k/

Where do you think you are?
>>
File: 1492716244901.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492716244901.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>33866576
oi timestamp or bait
>>
File: 1492751235045.png (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492751235045.png
9KB, 224x225px
>>33866576
fuckin bait
>>
File: xddddd.gif (1MB, 516x388px) Image search: [Google]
xddddd.gif
1MB, 516x388px
>>33866576

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-180

>Despite the relatively low power of the .22 LR round, testing demonstrated that automatic fire could penetrate even concrete and bulletproof vests from cumulative damage. However, the target would have to remain still for an improbable amount of time to allow the cumulative damage to amass in the same area to achieve this.

Additionally, headshots work in any caliber if you put enough shots downrange
>>
Do you still have the live round? That's worth like 100 by itself.
>>
OP here, I'll give you guys a timestamp picture but its an ordeal to get it out. Its in a safe in the back of the house which I don't have the combination for. If this thread dies before I can I'll make a separate post.
>>
>>33868510
It's my old mans gun, the dude would never of gotten rid of anything. He might even have documentation to go with the pistol. He's very particular. I'll make sure to take timestamp pics of everything.
>>
>>33868442
>OHH, YOU WATCH FORGOTTEN WEAPONS TOO?

At least post something that is not known by literally EVERYBODY on /k/
>>
>>33868442
What's the context in that gif? That sure as hell doesn't look like a warzone
>>
>>33866576
As far as odd shit I have shot
>a Dreyse M1907
>a Steyr .32 (can't remember the model but it was a rural police model)
>a Mauser M1914 pistol
I've not shot many odd things, but the Dreyse was actually my mothers of all people.
It appears to be an Alsast Lorraine Rural Constabulary model (and I haven't managed to find another one with the same station mark)

My LGS actually has a bunch of cool shit that isn't for sale on display though.
A Webley Fosberry, all kinds of early Steyr pistols, a Merwin and Hulburt Pocket Army that has both of the barrels, and many many more.
They have a Gyrojet pistol too.
>>
>>33866576
>spent rounds
The gyrojet fires the entire cartridge like a Volcanic though...
>>
>>33867030
>>33867412
>>33868134
>>33868510
>>33872849
OP again. I've been out of the house all day, but tomorrow I'll get the Gyrojet out and take photos with timestamps. Its apparently a fully functional demonstration piece with certificates of authenticity, a nice presentation box, spend ammo, one live round, and a book detailing its construction. Hang tight guys, OP will deliver.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.